Jump to content Jump to content

ECO DUMPER crashes every 5 mins on PC....

Skatzi14

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. ECO DUMPER crashes game

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

3.       Game-mode?

My team, time trial

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

It is just occuring randomly in 5-6 mins of playing time 

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

Several times the past 2-3 days

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

I uninstalled and re-installed the game that didnt fix the issue . I disabled Steam overlay , re-installed the latest drivers for the graphics card still no progress and lastly i tried the direct11 with no improvement

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

Only keyboard

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

No can't predict when this is going to happen so no

crash_dump#675864-20200812-140424-0.zip

DxDiag.txt

56 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Have you been experiencing this crash since you have updated the NVIDIA drivers @Skatzi14? Maybe try 446.16 and see how you get on.

I just did that the problem still exists. I bought the graphics card one week ago to be able to play the game so the latest update was automatically installed but even with the 446.16 no progress same crashes

• Administrator

Something I can recommend is turn Asynchronous Compute (at the bottom of Advanced Setup page) off and consider lowering a few of your settings. Turning down Vehicle Reflections and turning off Skidmarks and Shadows may help too.

I am having the same issue, any help would be great. Please and thank you.

1.       A detailed description of the issue: Game crash with ECO Dumper after race result screen
2.       Platform: Windows 10 PC
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen): 1.07
4.       Game-mode?: Time trial or solo championships
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too: 
          As soon as I finish a race, after advancing from the race result screen, to move on to the next event, the game crash at the loading screen.I cannot get past this crash and I can              reproduce it crash.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?
          I have tried almost everything on the forum I can find. I clean removed the Nvidia driver and went back to 446.14. I have disabled all overlay to include Steam. I have tried playing            in DirectX 11 and 12. I have made the changes recommended here on this post. I have tried changing graphic settings.

675864-20200813-013159-0.zip

DxDiag.txt

23 hours ago, Hammer306 said:

I am having the same issue, any help would be great. Please and thank you.

1.       A detailed description of the issue: Game crash with ECO Dumper after race result screen
2.       Platform: Windows 10 PC
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen): 1.07
4.       Game-mode?: Time trial or solo championships
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too: 
          As soon as I finish a race, after advancing from the race result screen, to move on to the next event, the game crash at the loading screen.I cannot get past this crash and I can              reproduce it crash.
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?
          I have tried almost everything on the forum I can find. I clean removed the Nvidia driver and went back to 446.14. I have disabled all overlay to include Steam. I have tried playing            in DirectX 11 and 12. I have made the changes recommended here on this post. I have tried changing graphic settings.

675864-20200813-013159-0.zip

DxDiag.txt

You should use 451.67 as you are running 2004 and have an RTX card.

If you reproduce a crash and upload those dumps it may help CM sort any issues with that combination.

For troubleshooting you should remove iCue and uninstall any ASMedia SATA driver and let the WU/Inbox driver install.

If you avoid using the ASMedia controller and choose the Intel SATA ports you may find the issue disappears.

Without the make and model of the motherboard I can't advise the location of the 'correct' SATA ports but the manual should make it evident.

@steviejay69 thanks for the help. I will try everything you have recommended. Just so I understand can you explain what you mean by letting the WU/Inbox driver install after removing the ASMedia SATA driver? Also my motherboard is the ASRock Z390 Taichi LGA1151. Thanks again for your help.

Update: I cleaned installed 451.67, removed iCUE, and uninstalled the ASMedia SATA drivers. I no longer seem to have the ECO Dumper crashes. However, I now have a new issue where the game just crash to the desktop without any messages or errors at all, not even in the event viewer.  This happens when the game is at the black loading screen after a race event.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:21 AM, Hammer306 said:

Update: I cleaned installed 451.67, removed iCUE, and uninstalled the ASMedia SATA drivers. I no longer seem to have the ECO Dumper crashes. However, I now have a new issue where the game just crash to the desktop without any messages or errors at all, not even in the event viewer.  This happens when the game is at the black loading screen after a race event.

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching. It's in the standard troubleshooting (a new one will be created, once it works it will be used but there may be something in the old one causing the failure to launch).

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, steviejay69 said:

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before launching. It's in the standard troubleshooting (a new one will be created, once it works it will be used but there may be something in the old one causing the failure to launch).

Hi all, really hoping someone can help me. I am still having the game crash randomly back to the desktop, without any error message. This also most always happened when I finish a race and is being returned bace to the race result screen. I have not gotten this game to run without crashing for me since release, and still with all the patches. I have tried just about everything I can find on the internet aside from reinstalling windows. I have owned all of the F1 games in the past years and I have never had such issue with them as I do with this one. Is there anyone out there who thinks they can help please? 

Windows may well be the issue.

if hardware is updated and checks out with diagnostics then software is the only resolution. 

it is often faster to image your current setup and then reinstall Windows to see. But if the problem persists then it is likely to be an individual issue.

Otherwise the forum would be lit with identical reports.

9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Windows may well be the issue.

if hardware is updated and checks out with diagnostics then software is the only resolution. 

it is often faster to image your current setup and then reinstall Windows to see. But if the problem persists then it is likely to be an individual issue.

Otherwise the forum would be lit with identical reports.

Thanks for your reply. I hear you about hardware, and hardware checks out no issue. The thing is, this is the only title that I am having issues with. I run other titles, such as F1 2019, AC, ACC, rFactor2, Division 2 and others and I have no issue with these, they run just fine, even on higher settings than F1 2020. I feel I do agree that if this was an f1 2020 issue the forum would be lit with reports and so this is why I am so lost. I guess the last thing to try to to rebuild Windows 10. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Hammer306 said:

Thanks for your reply. I hear you about hardware, and hardware checks out no issue. The thing is, this is the only title that I am having issues with. I run other titles, such as F1 2019, AC, ACC, rFactor2, Division 2 and others and I have no issue with these, they run just fine, even on higher settings than F1 2020. I feel I do agree that if this was an f1 2020 issue the forum would be lit with reports and so this is why I am so lost. I guess the last thing to try to to rebuild Windows 10. Thanks again.

Sadly, yes. I am faced with the unenviable prospect of doing so on my work laptop which is really not all that convenient, but...disaster recovery is testable.

• 2 weeks later...

I FINALLY fixed the issue. Yes!! After days and days of trial and errors, completely rebuild my system, many many drivers uninstall/reinstall, a clean install of everything, and lots of google searches, I isolate the issue to be system memory. Well, the memory in my system was fine, however in the bios they were configured to use the XMP overclock profile. Its seems, F1 2020 does not like this setting and therefor was causing the game to crash at the black loading screen. I am very happy to have fixed this issue. since I updated the memory settings in the Bios to the stock settings, I have not had a single crash.

Archived