Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Incorrect Qualifying Position shown

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
Since Patch 1.07 has come out, I have noticed a bug in My Team mode during Qualifying. When the time for Q is over and you cross the finish line, the position reflected on the bottom left side is wrong for a brief moment. example: In USA GP, in Q1, i was on a timed lap and the Q1 time got over. So when I crossed the finish line, the bottom left of the screen shows my qualifying position as 19th (wrong position) for a couple of seconds and then changes to 12th (correct position). Same thing happened in Q2 also.

2.       Platform

Xbox One
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

4.       Game-mode?

My team mode - Full practice sessions (45/45/30 mins), Full qualifying, 50 % race
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

Twice so far. Will check in next race also
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

Nothing so far
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Xbox controller
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

No

The same happened to me as well - while racing in Azerbaijan, it showed that I managed to be 18th when I was, in fact, 3rd. After about a second, it self-corrected. Happened to me in five more races so far (one-shot qualifying), in Canada (showed 22nd, was 1st), France (showed 13th, was 4th), Austria (showed 20th, was 5th), Great Britain (showed 17th, was 9th), and Hungary (showed 9th, was 4th). After that second of bewilderment, everything was back to normal - I got to start the races in the correct positions.

My platform is Steam, running on a Windows 7 computer (DirectX 11). And I don't have a screenshot - it just happens too fast for me to press the appertaining key.

Posted (edited)

Looks to be the same issue for Multiplayer Ranked Oneshot qualifying on PC too. 

This bug was already active.

No need to create new bugs if you see other likely to be the same already open, just reply to that with your details. This clearly appears to be the same issue.

Fix a bug, create another. One step forward one step back.

Edited by TeenierNeilb69

First of all, I had no idea this was posted already. Second, this happened during a "My Team" career, not a ranked multiplayer game (I don't play online, never have, never will). So I don't know if the problem is the same. Third, it only appeared after patch 1.07 was released, not before - it worked fine in 1.03, 1.05, and 1.06.

• Like 1

Same for me on the original PS4 as well. Happens in the race too.

6 hours ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

Looks to be the same issue for Multiplayer Ranked Oneshot qualifying on PC too. 

This bug was already active.

No need to create new bugs if you see other likely to be the same already open, just reply to that with your details. This clearly appears to be the same issue.

Fix a bug, create another. One step forward one step back.

Hey, I also didn’t know like @ostendorfjens that a similar bug report page already existed. But like he said in his post, this issue was not there in My Team mode till Patch 1.06 and started appearing in Patch 1.07 only. Also, this is in My Team mode whereas the bug report page you have linked is for PC and Ranked online races.

• Like 1

Same here on PS4. In Bahrain Q3 I was doing my quali lap and the Qualifying finished midway through my lap. I cross the finish line and it says I qualified 10th but when the full results appeared on the screen it showed that I actually qualified 8th.

5 hours ago, kart12talwar said:

Hey, I also didn’t know like @ostendorfjens that a similar bug report page already existed. But like he said in his post, this issue was not there in My Team mode till Patch 1.06 and started appearing in Patch 1.07 only. Also, this is in My Team mode whereas the bug report page you have linked is for PC and Ranked online races.

It only appeared at 1.07 in Ranked Online too

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ostendorfjens said:

Third, it only appeared after patch 1.07 was released, not before - it worked fine in 1.03, 1.05, and 1.06.

Yeah only from 1.07 in Ranked Multiplay too.

It looks like a new bug for Qualification across multiple modes.

We have to join the dots for Codies, we shouldn’t have to. My annoyance is more about the use of a forum for formal technical support and bug reporting. It is not efficient, it is not friendly.

Edited by TeenierNeilb69
Added a bit

17 minutes ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

My annoyance is more about the use of a forum for formal technical support and bug reporting. It is not efficient, it is not friendly.

I'd actually argue that public bug reporting is better than private. In part for the reason you highlighted earlier that you can see when others have reported similar issues and help compliment information already given, or in some cases to show counter-examples. There's also an argument to support the transparency regarding bugs. 

• Agree 1

I actually like this forum for its possibility to be in direct contact with the developers. And when they tell you that your problem is worked on, all the better.

I've seen way too many games in my time where there was virtually no customer support and patches were rare and often didn't address the most pressing issues. In many cases, I felt like little more than a cash cow whose money was well appreciated, but after I'd spent it on their products, they couldn't have cared less about me. The way Codemasters deals with this is much more to my liking.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ostendorfjens said:

I actually like this forum for its possibility to be in direct contact with the developers. And when they tell you that your problem is worked on, all the better.

I've seen way too many games in my time where there was virtually no customer support and patches were rare and often didn't address the most pressing issues. In many cases, I felt like little more than a cash cow whose money was well appreciated, but after I'd spent it on their products, they couldn't have cared less about me. The way Codemasters deals with this is much more to my liking.

And they're on top of things?

I actually can't make any qualified judgment, since it's been just a few days since I joined this forum. But doing a little bit is always better than doing nothing, don't you agree?

Replicated my side (my save was in a OSQ, so perfect timing). Will report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, kart12talwar said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
Since Patch 1.07 has come out, I have noticed a bug in My Team mode during Qualifying. When the time for Q is over and you cross the finish line, the position reflected on the bottom left side is wrong for a brief moment. example: In USA GP, in Q1, i was on a timed lap and the Q1 time got over. So when I crossed the finish line, the bottom left of the screen shows my qualifying position as 19th (wrong position) for a couple of seconds and then changes to 12th (correct position). Same thing happened in Q2 also.

2.       Platform

Xbox One
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

4.       Game-mode?

My team mode - Full practice sessions (45/45/30 mins), Full qualifying, 50 % race
5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

Twice so far. Will check in next race also
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

Nothing so far
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Xbox controller
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

No

It happened to me only one time.(One-Shot qualifying)

3 hours ago, ostendorfjens said:

If only Ubisoft Paris took notes from Codemasters. Whoever has played Ghost Recon Breakpoint knows what I'm talking about.

• Agree 1

It’s really the free format nature of the forum posts that I have a problem with.

ideally we’d have a form with fixed and mandatory fields to open a bug and as you type it intelligently auto completes for you (which in a lot of cases would act as a search and straight away you’d know there is probably an associated bug already raised).  In this case the word “qualif” would throw up those other bugs.  

i know these systems exist, I use an open source system for bug reporting called bugzilla.

anyway I’ve previously raised this with BarryBl (not tagging) . I understand it’s not simple or cheap to add fixed forms to the forum. So I guess we’re stuck with this.

on a personal note, before I raised my bug, 

1. I checked if anything apparently similar had been raised since 1.07 release, I searched for qualif (which catches qualify and qualification) since approx game release (a month)

2. Anything that appeared I skim read quickly to see if it sounded like my issue.

3. I didn’t see anything so raised the new bug. If I had seen anything I’d have added my issue to that bug

yes I know adding a new bug doesn’t really matter, but doing this just add some load on to Codemasters and it’s also bit of self help and it’s just not doing what they’ve asked us to do before raising a new bug.

I have no problem with full visibility of bugs raised by others, and I wasn’t wanting to limit this.

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Disregard as this has been mentioned in an earlier thread.

Description: At the conclusion of a lap in One-Shot Qualifying, the caption temporarily displays the wrong position for about one second before correcting itself to the correct position. This has only started occurring since v1.07 was installed.

Platform: PlayStation 4.

Game Version: v1.07.

Game mode: Solo, Grand Prix, One-Shot Qualifying.

Frequency: Always seems to happen on any track, with any driver.

Replication Steps: Complete a lap in a Solo One-Shot Qualifying session in Grand Prix mode, finishing neither 1st nor 20th.

Accessories and peripherals: Thrustmaster T300 with Ferrari F1 wheel rim.

I have attached some videos below - one where the caption displays 20th and another where it displays 1st.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by beamer012
Updated as this fix has been mentioned.

For info. Codemasters are already aware of this issue and are working on a fix:

• Agree 1

To update here, fix in test. Due for Patch 1.09 at the moment of writing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I play my Team with the 1.08 patch on Steam (PC). Playing China in the 2. Season and i have the best Team in R&D. This was way to fast i think but not the problem. I drive on pole with 0.007 faster then Hamilton in Q3. The Ranking at the end of the qualifying was pole to for me. This all is correct. When the commentator shows the starting grid before race starts the 1. Position was not shown and if the race start i was last. I did not change the engine or other parts of the car. I just have to hope for patch 1.09 for this or is there anything i can do?

Nice weekend to all of you.

1 minute ago, M4ssler said:

I play my Team with the 1.08 patch on Steam (PC). Playing China in the 2. Season and i have the best Team in R&D. This was way to fast i think but not the problem. I drive on pole with 0.007 faster then Hamilton in Q3. The Ranking at the end of the qualifying was pole to for me. This all is correct. When the commentator shows the starting grid before race starts the 1. Position was not shown and if the race start i was last. I did not change the engine or other parts of the car. I just have to hope for patch 1.09 for this or is there anything i can do?

Nice weekend to all of you.

Your issue is actually not the same as the one this thread is about, for which there is a planned fix. You would be best off starting a new thread for your issue, following the full bug report template that you'll find at the top of this section.