Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have to say that I love Codemasters!

And than EA, maybe they are quiet, but they talk more to us then other developers

Got "shivers" all over after staying in "my" (Nico's) cockpit-view cam when I got back to the garage in my 1st practice session... :smiley:

So far, soooo goood!! lol

Edit: I wanted this "feeling good" for a long time.... since 2010 actually ;)
Of course, nothing is perfect (can't always get all you want I guess), like I don't like starting lights, and can't find a way to "hide" them in this game (yet) but other important stuff are in (love that "tablet" sequence also and all that "living-the-life" feelings in the garage!) I couldn't help but to write it somewhere here. lol

Just like any company,there has to be people that work there ass off on this game.Compared to their other games, the F1 series is pretty good.The problem codemasters faces is so many players are not aware of the restrictions on the F1 games and what they can put in it.If they would explain why things are the way there are.I mean for years I have been mad at codemasters about not controlling the car in pit lane until I found out FOM wont allow it.I was mad for so long for no reason because they didn't explain why it was that way.

kevinkirk said:

Just like any company,there has to be people that work there ass off on this game.Compared to their other games, the F1 series is pretty good.The problem codemasters faces is so many players are not aware of the restrictions on the F1 games and what they can put in it.If they would explain why things are the way there are.I mean for years I have been mad at codemasters about not controlling the car in pit lane until I found out FOM wont allow it.I was mad for so long for no reason because they didn't explain why it was that way.

Well, the thing that is bothering me is that the previous games offered much more functions and game modes compared to the current games. Take the interviews from 2010 for example, would the FOM block these? And what about Scenario mode, or other somewhat decent game modes that were suddenly taken out? Nah, probably Codemasters.

you say this but I have a huge game breaking bug where my car is constantly accelerating.

I know day 1 bugs exist but this is a bit extreme I was super excited to start it tonight and I can't play the game because as soon as I hit the track the car is at full acceleration with what seems like brakes locked on.

I have posted for help on here ... just waiting to hear now I but I hope its sorted asap.

Well, the thing that is bothering me is that the previous games offered much more functions and game modes compared to the current games. Take the interviews from 2010 for example, would the FOM block these? And what about Scenario mode, or other somewhat decent game modes that were suddenly taken out? Nah, probably Codemasters.
I feel ya,I only play single race weekend because of the way I play.I race on the same track for two weeks then move on following the calendar.So that doesn't effect me.Besides its pretty obvious its to market future games as the return of so and so.May seem like a stupid choice to you,but in the long term from codemasters view it might actually be a good marketing play to secure the future..Looking at it from not caring if its in or not makes it seem like a pretty slick marketing plan for the future long term.