Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

experience so far with 2015 on XB1

Had the game for a bit now and completed my first gp on a full weekend. There are many positives love the Ai the feel and the challenge but there's a few things which are bugging me already which are 

-No visual way to check tyre temps/wear
-No safety car
-Xbox one mic for engineer? Only kinect?
-No way to see Sundays weather forecast on friday
-No coop
-full qualifying on all race distance
- manor competing in first career race which didn't happen
-blue flags come into play way to soon. Couldn't unlap myself and chase down the car in front as I was about 0.5 secs faster then Rosberg but still wanted me to let him through.

Id like to hear your thoughts and hopefully it's not just me noticing some of these things 

So it is true that engineer voice commands wont work using a headset, only with Kinect?

Loochie said:
So it is true that engineer voice commands wont work using a headset, only with Kinect?

Yup, there's a little picture of a headset/mic with a red cross through it. 

The PC version has an info panel with tyre temps, remaining fuel etc., so if that's not on consoles already (look for the "Information" button binding) I'm sure it will be soon.

tomjbell said:
Had the game for a bit now and completed my first gp on a full weekend. There are many positives love the Ai the feel and the challenge but there's a few things which are bugging me already which are 

-No visual way to check tyre temps/wear
-No safety car
-Xbox one mic for engineer? Only kinect?
-No coop
-full qualifying on all race distance
- manor competing in first career race which didn't happen
-blue flags come into play way to soon. Couldn't unlap myself and chase down the car in front as I was about 0.5 secs faster then Rosberg but still wanted me to let him through.

Id like to hear your thoughts and hopefully it's not just me noticing some of these things 
Yeah I noticed that too cost me as well in my opening championship race as I hadn't prepared my car for rain and it rained on the Sunday. I had been looking good up until that point as I had pole position and even had the lead up until I pitted. It hadalready started raining at this point so knew I needed intres but because I didn't see the forecast I hadn't set the rest of the car up for it.

Yup this has happened to me a few times now where I don't have a single lap on anything other then slicks then out or nowhere comes rain and my car isn't set up for it at all! Very frustrating. Which is a shame because I'm really enjoying the on track action, having some great races! Just missing those bits I mentioned for me. 

Not like we're asking much most of the requested features im seeing have all been in previous games!  

Personally I've had a fantastic experience, did a "career" race with Bottas 100% at Bahrain had an unbelievable battle with Vettel where we both did some excellent moves and defended position cleanly and well, sadly in the battle I wore my tyres out and could do nothing to stop him passing me on the final corner of the final lap as I slid off the track due to no grip...

Edit: Everything else too has been fine I'm on PS4 btw

Likewise the in the car stuff im really enjoying had a fantastic race at Malaysia where It was dry, wet, dry, wet and managed to pass hamilton for 2nd as he chose to stay on slicks too long and I had changed to inters, then passed Nico as he slowed down for a yellow then didn't speed up quick enough went it went green, then he had an issue which have me a 20sec lead. By the end I won 3 seconds ahead of Rosberg and hamilton and ran out of fuel coming around the last corner! 

However I still feel it needs the above mentioned features to make it more complete. 

tomjbell said:

This is is my biggest problem with the game right now, I got completely shafted on my second championship mode race.

Yeah. You have to gamble on a wet or dry setup. 
A 3day forecast isnt even a "feature" such as the safety car. Its an essential piece of info that you need 

Got the game day of release im also really enjoying the close battles with the ai but has anyone noticed that both cars go in the pits together and stack up if it was a dry race then it started to rain i could understand it but not when its dry and ive been blocked in by the second car which ruins my race 

Got the game day of release im also really enjoying the close battles with the ai but has anyone noticed that both cars go in the pits together and stack up if it was a dry race then it started to rain i could understand it but not when its dry and ive been blocked in by the second car which ruins my race 
Yep, happens a lot. As does AI cars pitting on the last lap.