Jump to content
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

35% Race distance

Recommended Posts

I just see that 35% race distance was announced for the e sport series, wonder if they will include this in a future patch.

25% distance most cars pit over the same 2 laps, where as 50% races those who made Q3 end up on 2 stop strategies and get stuck behind the 1 stoppers.

 

35% would work well

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did you read this?

I personally think that a 75% race distance would be much more useful.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RS Phil said:

Where did you read this?

I personally think that a 75% race distance would be much more useful.

It's true.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be interested in both 35% and 75% races, both seem hella cool. 35% would be my new default hands down, though. 

@BarryBL is this new format confirmed or just an oversight from the person responsible for reviewing the media content? On the video comments we have this tidbit:

image.png.46a6cb7988fa7dfe69cebd161c438f87.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So why is 35% much better than 25% or 50%?

Personally I'd rather watch something between 50-100%. 75% would probably be my sweet spot as suggested by @RS Phil

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha @janbonator ain't that obvious? 25% seems too short and 50% too long to be made default when you're not that keen on going 30+ laps on say Monaco playing on a poor man pad. Ever since closing my season 1 on a 50% race on Brazil I'm making a point of racing all my favorite tracks on that distance. But that's demanding even when I'm having a blast, both time and physical wise. Left hand asks for a reprieve. Playing on 25% is fine but I'm often left with the feeling that I spent most of the time engaged in the practice sessions tweaking my setup than actually racing. But 35% could be a sweetspot for players like me. 

Edit: let's not lose track of the subjective side of the discussion. Just like you slotted a "personally" on your comment, I was talking about how 35% would be my new default. Not at all trying to praise it over 75% or whatever middle term between 50-100% races.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marioho said:

Haha @janbonator ain't that obvious? 25% seems too short and 50% too long to be made default when you're not that keen on going 30+ laps on say Monaco playing on a poor man pad. Ever since closing my season 1 on a 50% race on Brazil I'm making a point of racing all my favorite tracks on that distance. But that's demanding even when I'm having a blast, both time and physical wise. Left hand asks for a reprieve. Playing on 25% is fine but I'm often left with the feeling that I spent most of the time engaged in the practice sessions tweaking my setup than actually racing. But 35% could be a sweetspot for players like me. 

I completely understand why us regular Joes would rather drive on 25%, but these are elite-level professional drivers. They should be able to get through 200% of Monaco if called upon! :classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I see! I thought you were talking in general terms.

That probably has to do with number of views. My guess is 100% races would not give the esport series the limelight they'd like. I for one do not feel overly inclined to spend 1+ hours on youtube watching people competing on a videogame.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turtlemoose said:

I just see that 35% race distance was announced for the e sport series, wonder if they will include this in a future patch.

25% distance most cars pit over the same 2 laps, where as 50% races those who made Q3 end up on 2 stop strategies and get stuck behind the 1 stoppers.

 

35% would work well

I don't think 35% would help with that. You're still going to see everyone doing a one stop like on 25%. Anyone doing a two stop on 35% distance will finish at the bottom because there simply isn't the time to compensate for the time lost in your second stop. At 50% race distance the time is barely there.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

I don't think 35% would help with that. You're still going to see everyone doing a one stop like on 25%. Anyone doing a two stop on 35% distance will finish at the bottom because there simply isn't the time to compensate for the time lost in your second stop. At 50% race distance the time is barely there.

I would hope and think that AI would stick to 1 stops, but pit stops would be spread out over more laps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Turtlemoose said:

I would hope and think that AI would stick to 1 stops, but pit stops would be spread out over more laps?

Doubtful. There is going to be an ideal moment to stop anyway so the majority of the AI's will stop in the same one or two laps with the exception of an oddball strategy here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a third of a GP, i.e. 35% or 33% should have been implemented a long time ago in the CM F1 series since every year is more of an update of the previous game and such small features should be standard. The same goes for a 75% race option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all about spectator engagement. 25% is too short for the viewers and 50% is too long.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should be given a slider bar for each race. Like if on a race that in real life is 50 laps we should have a slider bar that is broken into 2% sections and we can set it from 1 lap or 2%, 5 laps or 10%, 15 laps or 30% and so on. This can be set for each track. This way we have complete control of the race length. It could even go as high 110% or 115% or more for the endurance racers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 2:46 PM, marioho said:

Haha @janbonator ain't that obvious? 25% seems too short and 50% too long to be made default when you're not that keen on going 30+ laps on say Monaco playing on a poor man pad. Ever since closing my season 1 on a 50% race on Brazil I'm making a point of racing all my favorite tracks on that distance. But that's demanding even when I'm having a blast, both time and physical wise. Left hand asks for a reprieve. Playing on 25% is fine but I'm often left with the feeling that I spent most of the time engaged in the practice sessions tweaking my setup than actually racing. But 35% could be a sweetspot for players like me. 

Edit: let's not lose track of the subjective side of the discussion. Just like you slotted a "personally" on your comment, I was talking about how 35% would be my new default. Not at all trying to praise it over 75% or whatever middle term between 50-100% races.

So I'm not the only one having left hand issue by playing with pad.

After playing the game for weeks and literally 1-3 50% races + practice (4-5 on weekends) everyday, my left hand sore like hell while my right is still normal for some reason (just a bit tired)

25% is way too short for me and while I prefer 50% where the races are long enough to get reasonably mix up, it's indeed quite demanding in the long run, I predict 35%-40% would be the sweet spot.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Costa said:

It's all about spectator engagement. 25% is too short for the viewers and 50% is too long.

Ultimately this is exactly the reason. Someone earlier asked why not 100%, simple matter is there is not enough audience appetite to watch that length of race. It's highly likely that CM have done their research and balanced this against the need to have a fair/competitive series and 35% is the compromise.

Edited by CarloLewis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 7:41 PM, Ultra3142 said:

I'm actually left wondering why eSports doesn't use 100% race distance?

Same opinion here 💯💯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×