F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

A.I Trulli trains?

Like most people I'm finding A.I are good fun to race against, seeing them lockup under braking as well as loose rear ends under traction adds decent realism.

The one thing where A.I seems to have gone backwards is when they are following other A.I, they seem very reluctant to pull alongside and overtake down the inside of another car, even when gaps are less than 0.2 seconds between the cars. Ultimately you end up stuck in the middle of a Trulli train as no one can overtake the car in front of them.

Am I being too picky here? Or is this something codies should look at adjusting?

Do you have examples in video? On which tracks?

Modern F1 are really difficult to overtake due to dirty air and if you set your difficulty level right, you should have difficulties overtaking even weaker cars.

That said, if you feel there is an issue, please fill in the official bug report in the correct section of this forum.

Posted (edited)

I agree, I think F12020 is still the best of the bunch but ai overtaking has taken a step backwards. 

It is most noticeable on the rare times you get a mixed grid. Even the best cars struggle to overtake. 

Edited by stevetemp7