F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Who's at fault?

Hi fellow F1 2020 drivers,

Pictures below were taken as I was fighting Bottas (AI 90%) for the 2nd place at Spa, trying to overtake him at the Bus Stop chicane. He defended extremely well on the long straight before, then took the racing line while I went for the inside. We were coming side by side at the chicane and I tried to out-brake him while staying on my line. He then cut right inside, his right front wheel colliding with my left rear one as I was turning in. Obviously  I needed space to turn the car since I was in the inside line and despite my best efforts, his wheel went off and he suffered terminal damage. 

Question: Did I turn too wide (can't honestly see how much slower I could have been) and forced the collision or did he simply took a too sharp turn leaving me and himself no room?

Spa 1.jpg

Spa 2.jpg

Spa 3.jpg

Spa 4.jpg

Spa 5.jpg

Spa 6.jpg

Spa 7.jpg

Posted (edited)

Not your fault, for sure. Dumb AI.

The only thing is perhaps your line is a bit unnatural. You could move left a bit, closer to bottas on the run to the corner. 

Edited by stevetemp7

Car 2 had the inside line and the right to the corner.

There was plenty of space for Car 77 to hang it round the outside.

Since it's the Bus Stop at Spa my only guess for them taking the inside line on exit is that they were attempting to get into the pitlane, and their line crossed with yours.

Am i the only person looking at all those tyre marks on track entering the corner and thinking there have been some questionable track limits going on ?! 🤔

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Am i the only person looking at all those tyre marks on track entering the corner and thinking there have been some questionable track limits going on ?! 🤔

delete

Edited by mahmutcan0163

1 minute ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

I think he obeys track limits.

Me thinks you don't understand the post.

• Agree 1

Just now, SIMRACER123 said:

Me thinks you don't understand the post.

Sorry,i understood when i read it again.

• Like 1