Jump to content Jump to content

Party mode ban

Michaelab156

Let me know  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should they ban party mode in game?

• Yes
    • No

This is just a theory,

So as I'm sure many of the people in this community are aware that party mode might be banned from Spa, my question is, like the halo when it was added IRL it was added in game, shouldn't party mode in quali be removed in game too? I mean if codemasters want to be as realistic as possible, Just wanted to start a discussion. Yes it will be a game changer but isnt it worth it if it lets the game be as close to the IRL season as possible? 

Haha this looks like a no-brainer to me. Codemasters is always trying to simulate FIA rules. The whole ERS change from the previous game to F1 2020 was designed to make it more realistic. Why wouldn't they follow suit with the quali mode, at some point?

If the proposed project from FIA is approved, YES. CM should stick closely to reality but what a shame and once again political mess to come with this in the middle of the season!!! I don’t think it will be implemented in this year game. The party mode is basically the max fuel mix during qualifications.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.qualifying-engine-modes-what-are-the-proposed-changes-and-why-do-they-matter.OI3cSGqWS6mONcBHUFncL.html

The subsequent Technical Directive will require the power unit to be run in the same single mode during qualifying and race.

Does that mean the overtake mode will be banned too?

8 hours ago, KrazyLurt said:

Engine Power is in the game the different fuel modes, and yes, with the ban, there would be no reason for it to exist in the game.

As far as I understand, this is correct. Changing fuel flow would still be legal. What is not going to be legal (potentially) are the teams being able to adjust the engine mapping as soon as they enter parc ferme.

25 minutes ago, CarloLewis said:

As far as I understand, this is correct. Changing fuel flow would still be legal. What is not going to be legal (potentially) are the teams being able to adjust the engine mapping as soon as they enter parc ferme.

That's my impression too. Engine mapping rather than fuel flow or ERS setting, so not something that is currently in the game at all.

I think it's a little of column A and a little of column B. Mostly engine mapping (i.e. how much fuel the engine will allow in the combustion chamber and when it will go kabum depending on (1) your throttle position and (2) engine RPM, broadly speaking). Fuel mix as we have in the game is like a slice of that.

Fuel mix is your settings for the ratio between petrol and air in the ICE anyway. Halfway up there with remapping the engine power output. 

Hahahaha thanks for saving me a few keyboard presses!

Anyway, Chainbear has a fabulous video on the subject as it just seem to happen so frequently with that guy. Engine maps look like those sheets below with the x axis being the throttle state (how much you're pressing on the pedal) and the y axis the engine RPM. The computer will read both variables, throttle position and RPM, to look up at the map how much torque the engine must deliver (the colored bits in the chart).

How one goes about changing this torque/power output? Well, basically by changing how the ICE manages the fuel. 

image.thumb.png.83401be03ed0bb0cf5f170b3db2f7553.png

That's when the two maps at the sides of the picture comes in hand. A specific power output is achieved by burning fuel in the ICE and you can tweak that by (1) changing the amount of fuel (or the air to fuel ratio – AFR) and (2) the moment the ignition spark will go on.

Engine maps are a complex thing and we can't change it for real in the game, but the fuel mix kind of achieve that but changing the AFR. 

On 8/14/2020 at 10:34 AM, RS Phil said:

If the proposed project from FIA is approved, YES. CM should stick closely to reality but what a shame and once again political mess to come with this in the middle of the season!!! I don’t think it will be implemented in this year game. The party mode is basically the max fuel mix during qualifications.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.qualifying-engine-modes-what-are-the-proposed-changes-and-why-do-they-matter.OI3cSGqWS6mONcBHUFncL.html

The subsequent Technical Directive will require the power unit to be run in the same single mode during qualifying and race.

Does that mean the overtake mode will be banned too?

it’s seems that this will be the case if approved.

Archived