Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Where the Heck is my Cookie???

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

After the qualifying session, Jeff, the race engineer, sends you a mail containing some pep talk to motivate you to give it your very best shot in the upcoming race. While I think this is a nice touch, there's something that makes me scratch my head.

In one of those mails, he urges you to deal a decisive defeat to your teammate. And he even offers you an incentive: If you manage to beat them by more than a minute, there's a cookie in it for you.

Now, my teammate at the time was Tatiana Calderón who, at the start of a new My Team career at least, is far from being the best driver. So defeating her by a country mile is reasonably easy. But even if you manage to do so, which I did, there was no cookie for me from Jeff.

And why is it even a cookie? Last year, Jeff promised me a pizza, should I manage to lap the entire field. Not that I ever received one, but that's beside the point.

I want my cookie!

2.       Platform

Steam (Windows 7, DirectX 11)

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Every version of the game

4.       Game-mode? 

My Team career, just before some of the races. Probably even in the normal driver career, but I haven't checked that one.

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Let's see ... I think I came across the mail five times so far. And still no cookie!

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Is there anything I can do?

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech F310 Gamepad attached to a computer with an Intel i5-6400 / 2.70 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Do I really need to add a screenshot? You probably know which email I'm referring to.

"La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l'on n'a pas ri." (The most completely wasted of all days is that in which we have not laughed. - Nicolas Chamfort)

• Haha 6

On 8/16/2020 at 11:38 AM, steviejay69 said:

Cookie, meh. Will race for pizza.

delete

Edited by mahmutcan0163
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly? I bought a new computer a few years ago, with Win 10 pre-installed. So I had the chance to give it a try. And what can I say? I simply didn't like it. There are tons of programs running in the background which I simply don't need, but cannot deactivate. Cortana in particularly robs the computer of a lot of resources. I sometimes had the feeling my computer was becoming slower all the time. Plus, Win 10 didn't allow me to configure my computer the way I wanted it. I was basically told what I could do, which rarely was what I wanted. And those things I wanted to do, I wasn't allowed to. So after some grovelling (and quite a lot of curses in the general direction of Microsoft), I reverted back to Win 7. And I'm more than happy with that decision.

My system's fast. (As you can see in the first topic, my computer contains an Intel i5-6400 / 2.70 GHz, 8 GB RAM, and an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card. Yet, despite this less than stellar computer, I can run F1 2020 in 1920x1080 with high visual quality, and what do you know, it's smooth as silk!) It's pleasantly devoid of bugs and problems. (It's been ages since I ran into things like the infamous BSOD) And the DirectX 11 version of F1 2020 seems to be way more stable than the DirectX 12 version. At least that's what I gather from reading all those posts here.

So I've no intention to switch back to Windows 10 any time soon, thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

Well. Most of those processes can be stopped. Cortana can definately be deactivated. In some cases it's a bit trickier than it was on W7 but there are plenty of guides out there on how to shut down unnecessary stuff. I've slimmed down my W10 a whole lot. No cortana, no telemetry and so on. Downside is I have to redo all of it each time there's a major update but that isn't all that often.

Had no choise than go for W10 when I built this rig in october since they locked new cpu's to W10 only.

And now you know why I don't want to buy a new computer. Believe me, I know all about the tricks to deactivate all those programs, but in the end, it just became too much of a bother to do it over and over again each time a new update was installed. As long as my computer's still good enough to allow me to play games like F1 2020, I'm good.

• Agree 1