Rear wing damage

During my first season of my career at the Russian grand prix, in the race I got random orange rear wing damage while driving down the pit straight early in the race which cost me alot of pace. I didn't crash or get crashed into and the damage fixed itself right before my pitstop. Is this a bug or has anyone else had something like this?

Lol yeah the drs fails sometimes. It can occur in any session.  I've had it mostly in practice. In Quali once and again once during the race.

I'm not sure how you lost so much pace since the drs isn't allowed every lap of the race. It fixes itself.

Need to have random failures next year with user cars.

Make it a toggle or something for those who don't want it

Ah ok thanks for the info guys I had no idea it could fail like that. What's also weird is that my engineer never told me about the damage and when I checked the vehicle condition he never mentioned it.

I think what happens with the DRS is that it can either get stuck open or closed, which will obviously have different consequences. 

As the player in career cannot have mechanical failures (should really be implemented CM), some use the DRS failure to retire from race and balance with the AI risking one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RS Phil said:

As the player in career cannot have mechanical failures (should really be implemented CM), some use the DRS failure to retire from race and balance with the AI risking one.

I always have two technical retirements per season. Curiously they always happen in France and Vietnam - I never even make it to practice!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think what happens with the DRS is that it can either get stuck open or closed, which will obviously have different consequences. 

you don`t want this to happen when it is open, so tough to drive then, I had it once like this, in closed position I have it every 3 - 4 races I would say