Double Stops

Future games should have a feature where teams can do a double stop with no waiting for the second car, but it would come with a higher percentage of the 2nd pit taking longer. You could ask for a double stop on your radio or the team would you give you a option for this to happen. There could even be a feature where a second stop increases the chance that the wheel is not put on correctly, so later in the race you would have to retire because your wheel has a issue.

• Disagree 1

I wouldn't personally want this unless it became possible in real F1, which I can't see happening as all the pit lanes would need to be much longer.

There's no place for a double stop and it's not even a thing real life.

• Agree 2

i think he is on about a double stack rather than 2 pit stops happening simultaneously. In F1 2020 you can be 15 seconds behind your teammate and still get a slow stop if you both pit at the same time.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, CameronB said:

i think he is on about a double stack rather than 2 pit stops happening simultaneously. In F1 2020 you can be 15 seconds behind your teammate and still get a slow stop if you both pit at the same time.

no he means having 2 pit stops but if you are behind you teammate you will go into the second pit area which he says will be slower a slower pit crew. as it doesn't happen in real life i wouldn't see the point of it being added and would doubt it would be allowed by FOM 

On 8/14/2020 at 8:16 AM, Nas00 said:

There's no place for a double stop and it's not even a thing real life.

Actually that’s wrong. We have seen Mclearn, Mercedes, and many other teams preform double stops this year.

Just now, InductedPark184 said:

Actually that’s wrong. We have seen Mclearn, Mercedes, and many other teams preform double stops this year.

That's one car waiting for another, which is not what the OP asked about.

29 minutes ago, InductedPark184 said:

Actually that's not correct.

A double stop supposes the two cars pitting simultaneously. What you're pointing at is a successive stop, with one car waiting fir the other.