F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Why can't we report players who deliberately take you out because your better than them

I'm finding it rather annoying that a few racers seem to only want to wreck my race, i mainly race ranked 25%, and I'm finding several players who side swipe me when I'm going for the over take, this sends me flying into the barriers/grave traps effectively ending my race and giving me penalty for a collision and affects my driver safety ratting, while they Carrie on with no apparent damage or penalty, 

Surely we could highlight these players via the lobby and if they are constantly being reported then they should all get to race each other in a special dunce races for a week or even ban these tards

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dixon12376 said:

I'm finding it rather annoying that a few racers seem to only want to wreck my race, i mainly race ranked 25%, and I'm finding several players who side swipe me when I'm going for the over take, this sends me flying into the barriers/grave traps effectively ending my race and giving me penalty for a collision and affects my driver safety ratting, while they Carrie on with no apparent damage or penalty, 

Surely we could highlight these players via the lobby and if they are constantly being reported then they should all get to race each other in a special dunce races for a week or even ban these tards

To be honest i don't think reporting is the way forward. There would be too many incidents reported for codemasters to review.

What may work though is gamers mentality.

If there was a feedback system built within the lobby where you could click either a positive or a negative button after the race to leave your feedback on your experience of racing someone after each race that may work.

The total of your average feedback is then displayed within the lobby eachtime you join or while you remain in the lobby. From a psychological point of view, nobody wants to be that person that have a level of feedback that shows that they are not great to race against and may encourage people to drive a bit cleaner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

To be honest i don't think reporting is the way forward. There would be too many incidents reported for codemasters to review.

What may work though is gamers mentality.

If there was a feedback system built within the lobby where you could click either a positive or a negative button after the race to leave your feedback on your experience of racing someone after each race that may work.

The total of your average feedback is then displayed within the lobby eachtime you join or while you remain in the lobby. From a psychological point of view, nobody wants to be that person that have a level of feedback that shows that they are not great to race against and may encourage people to drive a bit cleaner.

I like this idea but there's a problem. If you are the fastest guy in the lobby, you will be downvoted into oblivion. I've gotten kicked out from so many lobbies after winning the first race that it's ridiculous.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

@janbonator

You are 100% correct on what you said. Anybody who is fast would just down voted for being too fast. In my experience, if I go to pass somebody who has started in front me in a ranked race, they run me off the track as I go to pass them. Then I get ****** off, do whatever I have to do to catch them. Then give them the chrome horn, only to get punished for it. Hence, myself imposed ranked room racing ban. Now I only run weekly events online. As long as I qualify good, get a good start and through the first corner before everyone else, I'm good to go. I always pit late to make sure I always keep the lead. Then the only issue is the backmarkers. Even know they are ghosted, catching them at the wrong time through corners is my only issue. Sometimes they block my site line and I miss my turn in point. I think CM should take a page from GT sport and have ranked races the start every 15 or 20 minutes for 5 lap races and something like every 45 minutes or an hour for 25% races. this way we all know when the next race is going to start. The race should start even if only one real player is in the room and the rest of the field shall be AI controlled cars. Something has to change for both the penalties and how the ranked rooms are populated, even if its bring back inviting friends. Something at least. 

• Like 1

I really don't get these guys that take someone out on purpose. I mean, why would you spend 60 euro's for a racing game and not race? What's the fun in that? Wheel-to-wheel racing in a clean way is what I love but unfortunately this doesn't happen often.

• Like 1

@GenerationRL22

my guess would be that most of the guys who are wrecking people are only worried about winning. They don’t care who they take out. I am more of a person that doesn’t really care about winning, but my overall performance through a 25% race. No offs, no hitting other cars & completing all laps as fast & as clean as possible. I gave up on ranked races a long time ago & won’t be going back to them until I hear that CM has implemented some kind of new penalty system that will properly punish these jerks. Good luck racing & try not to let them bother you. 

• Like 1

I concur, I consider and pride myself on being a clean racer and will put up the cleanest fight during a pass. I have had people come off the racing line just to punt me off and of course the weavers who weave constantly from one side of the track to the next to block a pass. 

As it’s been mentioned I now stay away from Unranked, and try to keep my rating high enough to get matched with like minded racers. 

I feel your frustration and constantly wonder why people ram in F1 when there are other games that are more suited to crashing. The game is 60 bucks I will be ever understand why one would pay such a a hefty price to not play the game as intended. 

3 hours ago, ReeceWon said:

I concur, I consider and pride myself on being a clean racer and will put up the cleanest fight during a pass. I have had people come off the racing line just to punt me off and of course the weavers who weave constantly from one side of the track to the next to block a pass. 

As it’s been mentioned I now stay away from Unranked, and try to keep my rating high enough to get matched with like minded racers. 

I feel your frustration and constantly wonder why people ram in F1 when there are other games that are more suited to crashing. The game is 60 bucks I will be ever understand why one would pay such a a hefty price to not play the game as intended. 

As do I. As an aside, the NASCAR games, being mostly ovals, ar more suited for this type of thing than F1 games, especially on tracks like Bristol and Martinsville. Near the end of my NASCAR '99 play, I'd, eventually, turn around and hit someone head-on.