Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POSITIVE ASPECTS

Excellent game. Pretty happy about it. Best F1 game so far from Codemasters.

The only thing is the Force feedback which is too absent and the feeling that the car is rolling on a pool table because it's so soft. I would have like to feel the gravel in the asphalt much more, the grounding effect.

- You can look at other cars directly from the pits. And learn from them maybe.
- tv presentation is nice
- the pitcrew animations
- all aspects of the pit looks nice
- a well done german commentary

B0B said:
- You can look at other cars directly from the pits. And learn from them maybe.
- tv presentation is nice
- the pitcrew animations
- all aspects of the pit looks nice
- a well done german commentary
+1

Plus, genrally it's a lot of fun! It's not perfect, but for the cost, I decent F1 sim:
 - I don't miss the safety car because it never quite works.
 - I don't miss the season mode because a more fully realised season (with car updates) is better. Career modes feel very fake to me (if you want replayability, try again with different cars, and hope random changes - weather etc - happen). All I have ever wanted is what Crammond offered - the chance to drive a season.
 - Damage is not as real life because that would be no fun. There is damange though (maybe codies should have offered an option).
 - Control on PC on the XB1 pad feels good. If I have TC on mid I can lose it out of a controller, but also feather to no lose it (so, I would rather have it on max and increase the AI). The cars feel fast, pointy and twitchy, but not unenjoyably so.
 - I think the graphics are good! I have a high end system so can easily run it at 60fps on max. I'm not really sure about peoples complaints of it being 'blurry'. I suppose it is, with all the post processing, but I like the look because it's not so clinical. And, the problem here is codies not offering enough options, not the graphics themselves. But...it's good to me. I prefer the graphics to Project Cars rather more clinical look.

But, I'm perhaps the wrong market. I want to have a game that's fun and feels like F1 racing. Not a technical simulation that is an F1 version of Falcon 4.0. Complaints about the gamr?

- the in race menus (radio and fuel mixture) dissapear too quickly.
 - Other cars pit timings still feels rather ordered.
 - AI probably too agressive, but I would rather have that than passive. Still they are a touch OTT.

The driving. It really is at least 10x better than 2014. Controls much more natural and intuitive, very progressive and easy to drive with no assists. It maybe a tad to grippy, but apart from that its great.