Country Flag

Can Codemasters please add the Albanian country flag to the game.
I have been playing this game for so long and i feel like this is an easy implementation to add and should take a few minutes from one of the developers.
I have also included the file for the flag to this post

1200px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.webp

1200px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png

Edited by YodaMRL
image preview
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I have emailed codemasters repeatedly for this and they have ignored me.
I don't understand why we have North Korean flag in the game available to be represented but not flags of people that actually can play the game.

Dominican Republic flag sure would be nice as well. Central, South Americans, and Spaniards aren't the only Hispanics/Latins that enjoy F1. Granted I live in the US, and am a citizen, therefore I use the USA flag... but still, would be nice to use the flag from the country I was born in. 

On 10/25/2020 at 8:42 PM, sergey_blackbird said:

I wonder why can't flags of all countries be included? Why do we have this inequality? Not good. :classic_biggrin:

Because there are 195 countries in the world and it would probably take a while adding them all, but they don't have to. They could at least add the popular ones which are missing, like in Europe, South America, and the Caribbean. Places a lot of their player base and F1 fans live. Even if they expanded it by 10-20 each release we would've had all of them by now. Since it's basically all copy paste since 2016 as they're using the same engine and only adding onto it. 

It's shocking that there are so many countries missing from the Balkans for example, when there are A LOT of F1 fans from there. They have almost every European country except for 6. They are ignoring Albania, Macedonia, Bosnia, Montenegro. And then outside of the Balkans only two countries missing are Belarus and Moldova. Is it so hard just to add 6 nationalities into the game and complete Europe, which is F1's largest audience? 

I understand not adding a lot of African and Middle Eastern countries, the audience is small there anyway and a lot of people who don't even have access to a TV let alone video games. But Europe!? Come on Codemasters. Get your nationality guy or gal off the couch for the next game at least and give us some more representation in the future. This is important, especially now with e-Sports being a thing, people want to represent their nations. 

Is there anybody I can email to forward what I just wrote? 

Edited by JamesG

Same here. I've sent them multiple emails to add flags in the next game and they always give me the same answer, "We can't make contact with our development team but we will look into it" or something along those lines. What is so wrong to add to more national flags? We want to race with our own country flag.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 11:33 PM, Konme said:

Same here. I've sent them multiple emails to add flags in the next game and they always give me the same answer, "We can't make contact with our development team but we will look into it" or something along those lines. What is so wrong to add to more national flags? We want to race with our own country flag.

Can't make contact with their development team? That makes no sense. Terrible excuse. Even with COVID what's stopping them from sending an email to someone who makes decisions or even someone on the e-Sports side who can influence this type of thing?

Who do I email? Maybe if enough people do it they will listen.

Edit: Fun fact - Just looked through my games and Project CARS 2 has all of the nationalities of the world. I counted 197. What's Codemasters' excuse.

Edited by JamesG