Sign in to follow this  

30 minutes of career gameplay

Sorry, if this video was already posted here. But it's very good video, where you can see options, gameplay, handling, interface, almost every aspect of the game. So i decided to make a new discussion. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVfEAVdV64

First of all the game looks amazing! Really! The spirit of racing events is back. We have a team and coordinator and this is cool! But some moments warried me about.

- annoying title "flashback" after each collision in the middle of the screen. I have good memory, stop repeating this! ))
- handling seems a little sharp, sensitive. Turning radius is still to small, so cars turn very fast. So it seems to me that handling will depend on your style of driving. If you drive clear - you will get GRID1. If you drive crazy - you'll get GRID2. Players with keyboard may see no difference with GRID2. 
- chasing cam is too low, like it is in GRID2. Dear developers, do you really think that rear bumper is more interesting, than a road ahead???
- cockpit view is ridiculous. Just a marketing feature.
- the game looks like a mix of everything that was in both previous games. You can see Dubai track and Yas Marina track... So, the absence of touge looks even more sad. The most unique mode is cut like some useless crap, when all other stuff are in. I can't understand why everyone alienates this mode... I will really miss it.

So I have different feelings. Some things look promising, some stuff is weird and unpredictable. But definitely, i'm interested in the game.

Watched it, looks good, I'm happy to see the front wheel drives heading for the barriers under power when cornering and the rear drives scrubbing speed under power when drifting..
The handling will be refined by the players when they realise that smoother is faster, however some just wont get or like that model but I hope the majority will.

:-bd

- the game looks like a mix of everything that was in both previous games. You can see Dubai track and Yas Marina track... So, the absence of touge looks even more sad. The most unique mode is cut like some useless crap, when all other stuff are in. I can't understand why everyone alienates this mode... I will really miss it.

So I have different feelings. Some things look promising, some stuff is weird and unpredictable. But definitely, i'm interested in the game.

You have to understand that no copy and paste goes on, every track in Autosport has been worked on and if we were to add a bunch of P2P tracks we'd likely have to lose a load of the locations that are already in the game. It's a balancing act and it's a really difficult decision to make, what goes into a game and what doesn't but we're confident we've made the right decision.

Unfortunately, we can't make everyone happy to create the game that every individual wants to see, but that said, I will be passing on your love for Touge to the team :)

The 'flashback' should only appear at the start of your career, it does go away :)

Who ever was driving had to smash or cut his or her way through each race but didn't see any penalties only flashbacks, any penalties in single player @Loore ?

Loore said:
You have to understand that no copy and paste goes on
I appreciate it. But from my customer point of view I can't understand such "a balancing act". Developers are not measured with a size of the game. Modern games have 30 gb or even 50 gb! So I see no problem with adding extra content. It's only a question of time and human recources. We still have GRID1, which contains everything. But nowadays developers have to cut derby, or touge, or detailed cockpit "to balance" the game! It seems weird to me!

Loore said:
The 'flashback' should only appear at the start of your career, it does go away :)
Oh, this is good! 

Well, I can guess what they must have thought at Codemasters: there is distance between the player and the screen as well. And in my opinion this is a good thing, I loved that view in ToCA Race Driver 3, because I can see my own steeringwheel anyways. 
For people using an Oculus Rift the other cockpitview is perfect, or if you want to see the dashboard and steeringwheel as well. Only thing I don't like about it, is that's it's so blurry. The dials should be readable so you can't turn of the HUD and still see your RPM and speed etc. 

Worth noting that there are two interior views.

One closer to the dashboard, which works great if you're playing with a wheel as you no longer see two wheels in front of you.
One a bit further back in a more traditional position.

Just thought I'd say I've found a lot of good vids on youtube about pretty much all the opening events in career mode in all the disciplines if people want to start up a thread and post them up on this Forum it might make it a lot easier for people to find and see what goes on in the various Autosport disciplines. Just an idea I may set up a thread to do this later if nobody beats me to it but don't have time right now

Loore said:

Unfortunately, we can't make everyone happy to create the game that every individual wants to see, but that said, I will be passing on your love for Touge to the team :)
Please bring back Touge in a post release DLC with some more Touge cars.

I do enjoy it in GRID and it will fit well inside Autosports as the definitive version of GRID in the last gen console.

Grid Autosport is a circuit-based game, and touge isn’t really a circuit discipline. So it wouldn’t really fit well at all, IMHO.

Loore said:
But it's still only an official camera mod. Cockpit is low-detailed. Why modders can create highly detailed car interior for GTA4, but official developers can't?

Nice to see Grid Autosport are more like Grid 1 than 2 in term of physic but if what the video showing is what we going to have in the final game then that cockpit view is just a little bit too lazy & cheap.

Loore said:
But it's still only an official camera mod. Cockpit is low-detailed. Why modders can create highly detailed car interior for GTA4, but official developers can't?

I guess it is either lack of time to fully polish all 80 cockpits or the last gen consoles could not handle high detail cockpit due to low RAM capacity. If there is a next gen release of Autosport, then, low detail cockpits arent acceptable.

Most GTA4 cars are took from other games, such as Forza which the cars from Forza already have detailed cockpit.

So last gen consoles have enough RAM for cockpit in Forza...
... which uses a completely different graphics engine, and CM are hardly going to rewrite EGO to handle cockpits just for one final last-gen game.

I will be looking forward to the endurance races. I hate all the 3-5 lap sprint races. Its hard to rationalize all those fans sitting in the stands for 5 lap race... Only in Europe I guess. LoL

I guess it is either lack of time to fully polish all 80 cockpits or the last gen consoles could not handle high detail cockpit due to low RAM capacity. If there is a next gen release of Autosport, then, low detail cockpits arent acceptable.

Most GTA4 cars are took from other games, such as Forza which the cars from Forza already have detailed cockpit.
I dont understand this "last gen consoles could not handle high detail cockpit due to low RAM capacity" logic.
The simple fact is that we already have many so call last gen racing title example Forza & GT & Dirt series & many more for pc & console and many of them can do detail cockpit view but now suddenly this game has some kind of limitation doing the same thing ??
Is F1 2013 a next gen game ?? No. Did F1 2013 has detail cockpit ?? Yes

Loore said:

I'm guessing it must be down to lack of time because there always deadlines for companies to meet and get things done by I don't use cockpit view generally so it isn't a huge issue to me personally but I can definitely see why some are miffed about it though

I dont understand this "last gen consoles could not handle high detail cockpit due to low RAM capacity" logic.
The simple fact is that we already have many so call last gen racing title example Forza & GT & Dirt series & many more for pc & console and many of them can do detail cockpit view but now suddenly this game has some kind of limitation doing the same thing ??
Is F1 2013 a next gen game ?? No. Did F1 2013 has detail cockpit ?? Yes

How many tracks does Forza has compared to Grid Autosports? How many cars does Dirt 2 has in comparison to Grid Autosports? How many cars in GT has proper cockpit than the standard shoddy cockpits? How many cars does F1 has? There are 80 cars to work with in Autosports in a short development cycle. This game is obviously a rush job but they tried to make it as polished and complete as possible.

Have you seen how are the trackside crowds in Autosports? They are 3D models, not 2D sprites like the ones in Forza 5. Autosports' general environment fidelity is much higher or comparable than most racing games and that takes up the RAM of the aging consoles.

Try playing the last gen consoles game and see how poor performance and resolution compared to PC. 30fps and sub-1080p resolution, compared to 60fps and 1080p on PC. If Codemaster does make the detailed cockpits, what is the point if the old consoles cant handle it? Or let the old consoles lose even more fidelity in graphics like shorter draw distance and more pop in models?

On to of that, Grid Autosports did not have the luxury of time to develop as most other Codemaster games as it is coming out barely 1 year after the release of Grid 2. Nor the amount of marketing that Grid 2 has. Do they have the time to complete the internal cockpits? Maybe they do if they are releasing it with 40 cars and 10 tracks but does people want a significantly reduced car and track list? With the other half of the content pushed to DLC or never come out? Or you want the drifty physics of Grid 2 in exchange of cockpit view?

As much as I am disappointed with the poor quality cockpit in Autosports but what can I do? Boycott a promising looking game because it didnt have cockpit? There are other camera views to use, not just cockpit view, I'll use that instead to enjoy a potential decent racing game.

I was very disappointed with Grid 2, Autosports seemed like an attempt to release a sequel to Grid 1 with short development cycle and less budget which Codemaster did not have the time and money to put in everything that made Grid 1 great.

I'm guessing it must be down to lack of time because there always deadlines for companies to meet and get things done by I don't use cockpit view generally so it isn't a huge issue to me personally but I can definitely see why some are miffed about it though
I dont think so, because if they not ready why not just keep the game in the dark and only announce after everything is done since actually no one is expecting this Grid come so fast just one year after Grid 2. No one.
So the lack of time is not logic. No one actually know this game is coming if you dont announce it going to release at late of June.

Its more like they actually not quite interested to do it for the same reason as Grid 2 but force to do it for marketing purposes to say: "See cockpit is back" as one extra selling point so the result is we have a lazy & low detail cockpit which actually look like Grid 2 mod version.

Of course may be the final game cockpit is actually much detail than what we saw so will have to wait & see.

To me its very simple; If the cockpit really like this in the final game i wont buy, if better then i buy. Definitely wont pre-order right now.

Even the game has 8000 cars & 1000 tracks but we always only load max say 24 cars & 1 track at a time so how many cars or tracks the game have doesnt really affect the RAM in gameplay too much but only the game size.

And just because you have more cars & tracks to deal with so that become impossible to make a cockpit view at least like Grid 1 ??

Am sorry i dont think it make sense. Like i say no one actually expecting this Grid come out so fast so why the hell they announce it if they actually still need time to polish the game ?? It not like Grid series have to come out every year at June.

Have you seen how are the trackside crowds in Autosports? They are 3D models, not 2D sprites like the ones in Forza 5. Autosports' general environment fidelity is much higher or comparable than most racing games and that takes up the RAM of the aging consoles.
Yes, crowds are much more important, than cockpit. 

Yes, crowds are much more important, than cockpit. 
Haha. Actually we should look at the crowds when racing instead of look at anything else. So crowds should be 3D and everything else 1D or blur out is more than enough :))