Sign in to follow this  

30 minutes of career gameplay

I'm guessing it must be down to lack of time because there always deadlines for companies to meet and get things done by I don't use cockpit view generally so it isn't a huge issue to me personally but I can definitely see why some are miffed about it though
I dont think so, because if they not ready why not just keep the game in the dark and only announce after everything is done since actually no one is expecting this Grid come so fast just one year after Grid 2. No one.
So the lack of time is not logic. No one actually know this game is coming if you dont announce it going to release at late of June.

Its more like they actually not quite interested to do it for the same reason as Grid 2 but force to do it for marketing purposes to say: "See cockpit is back" as one extra selling point so the result is we have a lazy & low detail cockpit which actually look like Grid 2 mod version.

Of course may be the final game cockpit is actually much detail than what we saw so will have to wait & see.

To me its very simple; If the cockpit really like this in the final game i wont buy, if better then i buy. Definitely wont pre-order right now.
well I still think it's lack of time as I think the big wigs at CM I'm assuming only gave them a year to turn this around. I think they do care otherwise they wouldn't have put the cockpit back in they know they made mistakes with Grid 2 and they've only been given a short time in order to rectify them I think.i've seen enough to convince me to buy this game as my pre-order is in and everything I've seen ever since I've placed it has backed those feelings up. one thing's for suer I think CM have learnt the lessons necessary from Grid 2 and it looks to me that regardless of the circumstances and short time frame they've created a masterpiece this time

well I still think it's lack of time as I think the big wigs at CM I'm assuming only gave them a year to turn this around.
Come on this "only gave them a year to turn this around" thing doesnt make sense at all. I mean since when Grid become annual title ?? Who actually expect 3rd Grid title out so fast one year after the 2nd one ?? So why rush to announce it if they actually not ready ??

Yeah i agree everything in those preview video looks great (except AI i guess) but i am hardcore cockpit player so if the final cockpit still like that then i just dont feel like spend money on it, i dont expect it to be super high detail but at least not like this which is so cheap & low.

well I still think it's lack of time as I think the big wigs at CM I'm assuming only gave them a year to turn this around.
Come on this "only gave them a year to turn this around" thing doesnt make sense at all. I mean since when Grid become annual title ?? Who actually expect 3rd Grid title out so fast one year after the 2nd one ?? So why rush to announce it if they actually not ready ??

Yeah i agree everything in those preview video looks great (except AI i guess) but i am hardcore cockpit player so if the final cockpit still like that then i just dont feel like spend money on it, i dont expect it to be super high detail but at least not like this which is so cheap & low.
makes sense to me though besides I never said Grid would become an annual title just said that that's what the guys at the top of CM decided to do the point being hat when you hav such a tight schedule you can only do so much. That said we both have made our choices and I'm happy to have made mine to buy and back this game.

Loore said:

The 'flashback' should only appear at the start of your career, it does go away :)
Thank you  ^:)^
yeah I always thought that would always be the case it's just an early game prompter to help people get up to speed with the game. ot of games have them kind of like a tutorial section in a sense

I wouldn't compare this game to Forza. I like Forza and all, but it's missing something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but Grid has everything I want except longer races. I love the team structure and career mode. Forza doesnt have that structure.

I wouldn't compare this game to Forza. I like Forza and all, but it's missing something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but Grid has everything I want except longer races. I love the team structure and career mode. Forza doesnt have that structure.
neither would I sa tey'er both different series running on different platforms and engines the only thing you can compare it with aer other games of the series really other Grid games and the only question I can resally ask is. Is this game better than Grid 1/2? and right now judging by what I've observed of the game and right now I csan only go on observations and feedback others have given but the answer seems to be yes it is at least that's the answer right now we won't know 100% until the game is in our hands though

By the way PC user gonna have a "huge, free high res texture DLC" .. i wonder if one of the purpose of this dlc is to better the current low tex cockpit view.

By the way PC user gonna have a "huge, free high res texture DLC" .. i wonder if one of the purpose of this dlc is to better the current low tex cockpit view.

It's not, Loore has confirmed this on another thread.  From the videos we've seen so far there aren't nearly enough polygons in the cockpit models to support a hi-res texture anyway-- some of the steering wheels are practically octagonal, surprised there isn't an old Austin Allegro in the car lineup :P

Last I heard the high res textures have something to do with erflections and things like this maybe @Loore can give us some more details but that's all I remember

So this "huge, free high res texture DLC" is to even sharper or higher any textures that is already quite high res example like crowds or track or exterior car view or sky or cloud or tree but ignore & leave that low res cockpit like what it is now ??
Ok that make sense i guess B-)

The texture pack effects the exterior of the cars, you'd be surprised at the difference it makes, especially in terms of how great liveries look.

Haha i actually even surprise it actually have nothing to do with interior at all since interior is the worst compare to others .. but its ok at least i know the cockpit will not getting better for whatever reason.

Is it possible for modders to make high detailed cockpit view with full online compatibility?? @-)
If yes then they should already did that for Grid 2. Anyway may be it can be done but too much job for modder to work it for free i guess ;)

Loore said:
One a bit further back in a more traditional position.
But it's still only an official camera mod. Cockpit is low-detailed. Why modders can create highly detailed car interior for GTA4, but official developers can't?

I guess it is either lack of time to fully polish all 80 cockpits or the last gen consoles could not handle high detail cockpit due to low RAM capacity. If there is a next gen release of Autosport, then, low detail cockpits arent acceptable.

Most GTA4 cars are took from other games, such as Forza which the cars from Forza already have detailed cockpit.
C'mon dude, look at Shift Unleashed 2. Old gen can handle full detailed interiors.

Loore said:
But it's still only an official camera mod. Cockpit is low-detailed. Why modders can create highly detailed car interior for GTA4, but official developers can't?

I guess it is either lack of time to fully polish all 80 cockpits or the last gen consoles could not handle high detail cockpit due to low RAM capacity. If there is a next gen release of Autosport, then, low detail cockpits arent acceptable.

Most GTA4 cars are took from other games, such as Forza which the cars from Forza already have detailed cockpit.
C'mon dude, look at Shift Unleashed 2. Old gen can handle full detailed interiors.

Gui1 said:
Of course it can, if you build your graphics engine to prioritise that over other stuff. Codemasters chose to prioritise the other stuff, and it's too late to backtrack for that gen now.

Loore said:
The texture pack effects the exterior of the cars, you'd be surprised at the difference it makes, especially in terms of how great liveries look.
Some people might, but some of us have been used to such nicities for years.  Its just great that CM finally ackowledge the fact (and save modders a job).  All credit to you for making this move.

Gui1 said:

Loore said:

Then, it could be time constrain. I am not a developer of Grid Autosport so how would I know the actual reason behind it?.Personally, I dont thinK Shift 2's cars are as detailed as Grid Autosport, probably because I am spoiled by the insane model quality in Project CARS.

Cant you guys just cut them some slack? At least they tried to bring back everything to what Grid 1 was with similar to Grid 1 driving physics, lots of race tracks and about half of the car list are track cars. This game looks way better than Grid 2 was at this moment.

Gui1 said:

Loore said:

Then, it could be time constrain. I am not a developer of Grid Autosport so how would I know the actual reason behind it?.Personally, I dont thinK Shift 2's cars are as detailed as Grid Autosport, probably because I am spoiled by the insane model quality in Project CARS.

Cant you guys just cut them some slack? At least they tried to bring back everything to what Grid 1 was with similar to Grid 1 driving physics, lots of race tracks and about half of the car list are track cars. This game looks way better than Grid 2 was at this moment.
I agree 100% I think it was just time that led to the lower res cockpits I think they could have done better with more time. But like you I think they've tried to do this with as short a turnaround as possible and with everything they've done and put into the game I think they've done a magnificent job I love my puddings and they do say the proof of the pudding is in the eati9ng but I have to say it's certainly looking like a tasty cake :p

At least they tried to bring back everything to what Grid 1 was
  Except touge. The most unique mode in all racing games ever created became garbage. OK.

I wouldn't compare this game to Forza. I like Forza and all, but it's missing something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but Grid has everything I want except longer races.
And Pit Stops. Then it would smash Forza to bits.

Forza Motorsport is just all a bit too sterile... too much about the cars, and not enough about the racing. Forza Horizon does a better a job of the latter, but still has less variety than Grid.