Learn the lesson people !!

Let's see if i can recall... 

Grid 2019 released less than a year ago. Crazy and pointless marketing pushed all the time. Community request completely ignored, before and after release. Ugly missing features and the most idiotic online ever seen, with ai on tracks and countless bugs (don't even worth the effort to list them all).

How many editions ? Ultimate ? Pre-orders ? How many money for a real fan who buy at full price day1 ? (now they can give it away for free i would not waste 100GB of my ssd-drive anyway).

Online was dead after few weeks, and it was a big fiasco of sales and players presence. 

Latest slap at customers now, a promotional update for money grab only. Customers money ? who cares, that's the past.

Now peoples, learn the lesson. Don't be fooled next time. No more pre-orders, and evaluate carefully if a game worth it.

• Agree 3

22 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Community request completely ignored, before and after release.

Well there were a fair few community requests that made into the game, including an achievement tab, custom public lobbies, adjustable race lengths for career mode, cleaning your car and others. Not to mention all the things that were adjusted thanks to feedback! It's a bit unfair to say that the community was ignored because they didn't change those things that mattered for you 🙂 

I don't know how many times it has to be said. Never pre-order anything if you don't know everything about what the game will offer and you're not absolutely 100% sure that you'll enjoy it. There is no reason to gamble and hope you'll like something, when you can just wait if you're unsure!

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

Well there were a fair few community requests that made into the game, including an achievement tab, custom public lobbies, adjustable race lengths for career mode, cleaning your car and others. Not to mention all the things that were adjusted thanks to feedback! It's a bit unfair to say that the community was ignored because they didn't change those things that mattered for you 🙂 

I don't know how many times it has to be said. Never pre-order anything if you don't know everything about what the game will offer and you're not absolutely 100% sure that you'll enjoy it. There is no reason to gamble and hope you'll like something, when you can just wait if you're unsure!

Achievement tab (and stats player?), custom public lobbies and adjust race length are something should be already into the game. Cmon !! Is like forget to put the wheels on cars and after people ask you say: ''see? we listen''. 

Meaningful features we asked, like text chat overlay, no ai cars online, spectator mode from lobby, demolition derby etc etc. nothing of that features was made after community request (all said in a development stage, months before release date). This features are not minor or secondary. Is what we ask since forever.

Of-course agree with you about pre-orders. And anyway this recent way to build fast burn games, is not good. Grid brand is destroyed, and is clear that code-masters is not able anymore to build a game with a proper online mode. And what is sad, is that they are so fast to develop and update all platforms in a blink if any bs feaure (like trueforce) is good to make some advertising backfire.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Achievement tab (and stats player?), custom public lobbies and adjust race length are something should be already into the game. Cmon !! Is like forget to put the wheels on cars and after people ask you say: ''see? we listen''. 

Meaningful features we asked, like text chat overlay, no ai cars online, spectator mode from lobby, demolition derby etc etc. nothing of that features was made after community request (all said in a development stage, months before release date). This features are not minor or secondary. Is what we ask since forever.

Even if they should have been in the game on launch, they still take development time from the small GRID team 🙂 

Surely open custom lobbies allow for no AI cars?

On 8/16/2020 at 9:18 AM, UP100 said:

Even if they should have been in the game on launch, they still take development time from the small GRID team 🙂 

Surely open custom lobbies allow for no AI cars?

In custom lobbies you can disable AI cars and there is spectator mode too (not tv style camera just gameplay ones) i dont want to defend the game , my opinion is similar to Flashstealth's one..

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

People ask about in-game chat since GRID2. Did they make some research in history of GRID? Also the absence of default features in a racing game from EXPERIENCED RACING STUDIO is a joke. Yes, they added some later but ***???

They understood that they had to tone down damage, one of GRID killer features. And what did they deliver instead? Poor visuals, lack of content and blatant career? How the hell could it happen?

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Without exaggeration, I read and sometimes I have the impression that these are not only opinions but orders and for not carrying them out there will be a public crossing, endlessly. Even worse, when you read critical (sometimes disrespectful) posts you start to get screwed up and add your comments. You stop enjoying the new game but start enjoying pointless comparisons and writing about them feeling like a crusader.

Let's cool down a bit, it is the publisher of the game that decides which ideas are relevant to him and what concept he has, and how much inspiration he will transfer from previous series to which the title refers.

Grid, Dirt 2.0 and F1 2019 are great driving generation with a huge step forward of speed race impressions, but at the same time probably the most criticized. All three games have a phenomenal driving model, good graphic comparing to the competition like giant as Forza 7, great sounds, beautiful models of cars and a wealth of characteristics in the control. At the same time a diverse race grid that in one title and on just a dozen tracks can change the face so perfectly in each subsequent group of competitions from the entire domino that we have to unlock another race with fun from ride. And when we win all the competitions, having fun in the free mode, we can make our time more attractive by collecting new target cards. I like it 🙂

Maybe we are looking for comparisons unnecessarily, and this stimulates such a snowball of criticism. Note that the longer the game collects platform opinions, the more positive player reviews appear. So it seems that the criticism was based mainly on different expectations of the group brought up on the previous parts.

Maybe this is not the extended refreshed remaster of the cult game that many people dream of, but let's be honest - does the gameplay in the latest God of War resemble the iconic God of War III?

Maybe the newest Grid will not be iconic, but it is a solid game with a great driving model that allows you to jump behind the wheel in so many cool competitions with beautiful realistic cars that I will recommend it in my reviews 🙂

The only thing that Im asking for the CM team is not to put it out after less than a year and release minor DLCs

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, minetti said:

Maybe the newest Grid will not be iconic

no is not.

• Agree 1

If we're willing to argue, let's at least argue about on-topic stuff 😉

Removed some comments from here. If you need a reminder of the rules (as most don't read them, cough cough) you can find them here!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Holy truth 😉 I still hope CM doesn't leave us with this highly playable title without support and DLC expansions. The game's update to support the Logitech TRUEFORCE standard shows that the GRiD is still selling well. They are now expanding their portfolio with more arcade crazy Dirt5. GRiD is in the other customer drawer with Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo like raceing. At the moment, it is the only and quite nicely tailored position with a real representation of real vehicles and known tracks. It is in the interest of CM to arm this game with a split-screen option and think about another season or DLC pack with some track and cars.

@ChrisGrovesMCM @CMTGK can you hear me? 🙂 is there a chance that you will ask CM team for such a paid DLC pack? just with split-screen option and with some additional route or a car? it would really find buyers as short Season 4 update and technically it is probably not such a challenge for team since the new F1 and Dirt 5 got a split screen

Edited by minetti

On 8/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, UP100 said:

The problem is that the game was "advertised" as a rebirth of GRID, Sadly that was farther from the truth then EVER in CM history !

Sorry you have to LIE, i hope you're paid for it dude !

"if" i LIE about what i sell as a wood worker i will be BROKE !

This is plain FACTS !

On 8/22/2020 at 1:14 PM, minetti said:

Without exaggeration, I read and sometimes I have the impression that these are not only opinions but orders and for not carrying them out there will be a public crossing, endlessly. Even worse, when you read critical (sometimes disrespectful) posts you start to get screwed up and add your comments. You stop enjoying the new game but start enjoying pointless comparisons and writing about them feeling like a crusader.

Let's cool down a bit, it is the publisher of the game that decides which ideas are relevant to him and what concept he has, and how much inspiration he will transfer from previous series to which the title refers.

Grid, Dirt 2.0 and F1 2019 are great driving generation with a huge step forward of speed race impressions, but at the same time probably the most criticized. All three games have a phenomenal driving model, good graphic comparing to the competition like giant as Forza 7, great sounds, beautiful models of cars and a wealth of characteristics in the control. At the same time a diverse race grid that in one title and on just a dozen tracks can change the face so perfectly in each subsequent group of competitions from the entire domino that we have to unlock another race with fun from ride. And when we win all the competitions, having fun in the free mode, we can make our time more attractive by collecting new target cards. I like it 🙂

Maybe we are looking for comparisons unnecessarily, and this stimulates such a snowball of criticism. Note that the longer the game collects platform opinions, the more positive player reviews appear. So it seems that the criticism was based mainly on different expectations of the group brought up on the previous parts.

Maybe this is not the extended refreshed remaster of the cult game that many people dream of, but let's be honest - does the gameplay in the latest God of War resemble the iconic God of War III?

Maybe the newest Grid will not be iconic, but it is a solid game with a great driving model that allows you to jump behind the wheel in so many cool competitions with beautiful realistic cars that I will recommend it in my reviews 🙂

The only thing that Im asking for the CM team is not to put it out after less than a year and release minor DLCs

LOL >>> i NEED to cool down ? are you in the same universe ?

Does your body meet a strenuous work load like mine to make ends meet ?

Oh, ALL my fault for being poor & trying to make ends meet..............ALL my fault the CEO needs another multi mill house or yacht 

i am Sooooooooooooooo BAD for feeling my $$$ was WASTED !

GEt a grip you ....................YOU Know what i wanna say ! ! !

• Agree 1

it is beyond me how STUPID people can be, maybe age isn't what it was taught to me............NOW the rich just **** on the poor like no other time in history !

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OugaBooga said:

it is beyond me how STUPID people can be, maybe age isn't what it was taught to me............NOW the rich just **** on the poor like no other time in history !

Totally agree with you.

The point is that CM is not making games anymore, is making marketing products with the shape of a game. And with this goal you can see how unplayable an AMAZING game like GRID1 has become in 2019 !! They ruined the original idea, the style, the damage model, the game mechanics, all the racers interaction are zero (no text chat). They put AI cars online just to show up the ******* ALONSO named car !!

And after how many months to see the custom lobbies ?? And the list of idiotic mistakes into this game is so long, i cannot put everything to write a book.

Is a game made just for advertisement, ALONSO, STADIA, LOGITECH, and so on... And what is funny ? Customers put money inside to buy CEO new car, and after less than a year the game is already dumped into the trash. And more funny than that are arse-licker peoples who keep tagging community managers without luck just to see some thanks in return. 

Sad we never see again a grid1 lookalike, this brand is basically destroyed.

Edited by FlashStealth
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

dudes, but no one is forcing you to buy these games and you can spend money where the products suit your tastes better.
as the experts you can even form a dev studio and produce the games you dream about.

in fact, these offensive texts that you throw in are in no way substantive criticism that should support the development of the titles you are fans of.
on the contrary, they destroy sales and dev support because are in no way an honest reviews. maybe someone wants it, maybe even someone pays for it.

I don't want to wonder why you care about hating so much, let everyone judge it for themselves. I do not want to think about it because every normal person, if he is not satisfied with the food, changes the restaurant. and if the favorite restaurant change the menu, just culturally expresses his opinion about new dishes and continues or goes away wishing good luck. that's how I was taught

I think the moderator should have some calming pills, if you feel the need

Edited by minetti
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, minetti said:

dudes, but no one is forcing you to buy these games and you can spend money where the products suit your tastes better.
as the experts you can even form a dev studio and produce the games you dream about.

in fact, these offensive texts that you throw in are in no way substantive criticism that should support the development of the titles you are fans of.
on the contrary, they destroy sales and dev support because are in no way an honest reviews. maybe someone wants it, maybe even someone pays for it.

I don't want to wonder why you care about hating so much, let everyone judge it for themselves. I do not want to think about it because every normal person, if he is not satisfied with the food, changes the restaurant. and if the favorite restaurant change the menu, just expresses his opinion about new dishes in a cultural way and continues or goes away wishing good luck. that's how I was taught

I think the moderator should have some calming pills, if you feel the need

I partially agree with you here. And if you read old message of last year, a lot of people asked for refund for that game. And is the same warning of the OP.

The criticism exist because me and many of my friends (and other upset people) we are the most loyal to the company.

And we are asking and making post of ideas and suggestion every-time a game is under development. And every-time we are completely ignored.

Read how many thread i started since spring 2019 full of ideas and suggestions... 

The company well deserve our hate. This is the time to lets say we wasted every cent for this game already dumped and forgot. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

Read how many thread i started since spring 2019 full of ideas and suggestions... 

The company well deserve our hate. This is the time to lets say we wasted every cent for this game already dumped and forgot. 

you have to go to the other side of the mirror and look at what you have achieved by building a demanding hate attitude.

if the son you love will go his way despite a million life advice that he ignores, will you persuade people to hate him?
or maybe you will support him and look for positives in his new way and decisions? you don't have to contradict yourself and always like it.
just be honest but patient and understanding and try to be helpful, but most of all enjoy your life and don't waste time on toxic emotions

I understand the disappointment, marketing is at fault because inflated the expectations using the iconic game title and everyone expected something similar.
however, we got a new game that was some kind inspired by the icon. this game has a new, simpler formula and less content but a wonderfully designed driving model and many beautiful cars with unique characteristics and quite a lot of possibilities to adjust driving options hidden into a somewhat clunky menu.

so we should be happy because in car games it does not happen so often 😉 that's why i loved this game

Edited by minetti

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, minetti said:

you have to go to the other side of the mirror and look at what you have achieved by building a demanding hate attitude.

if the son you love will go his way despite a million life advice that he ignores, will you persuade people to hate him?
or maybe you will support him and look for positives in his new way and decisions? you don't have to contradict yourself and always like it.
just be honest but patient and understanding and try to be helpful, but most of all enjoy your life and don't waste time on toxic emotions

I understand the disappointment, marketing is at fault because inflated the expectations using the iconic game title and everyone expected something similar.
however, we got a new game that was some kind inspired by the icon. this game has a new, simpler formula and less content but a wonderfully designed driving model and many beautiful cars with unique characteristics and quite a lot of possibilities to adjust driving options hidden into a somewhat clunky menu.

so we should be happy because in car games it does not happen so often 😉 that's why i loved this game

Your is very good attitude, looks like a bit a Ned Flanders type... I mean, imagine walk into a bar and order a cup of coffee, instead you receive a cup of petroleum... let's keep our attitude good and say to barman ''thanks the same for the effort, is not a cup of coffee okay but is still black and instagram photo looks good''. ''Here my 2dollars...'''. 

Now my curiosity is about project cars 3, i not know much info yet, looks good anyway, let's see if will turn to be a good racer.

Edited by FlashStealth
petroleum

On 8/20/2020 at 7:45 AM, lastbreath said:

People ask about in-game chat since GRID2.

In-game chat is never going to make it into a console-first title like GRID, or any other Codemasters series, I'm afraid. They want the same codebase on all platforms as far as possible, and nobody's going to use it on Xbox or PlayStation.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Your is very good attitude, looks like a bit a Ned Flanders type... I mean, imagine walk into a bar and order a cup of coffee, instead you receive a cup of petroleum... let's keep our attitude good and say to barman ''thanks the same for the effort, is not a cup of coffee okay but is still black and instagram photo looks good''. ''Here my 2dollars...'''. 

Now my curiosity is about project cars 3, i not know much info yet, looks good anyway, let's see if will turn to be a good racer.

rather, you were invited to have an espresso and a cappuccino was served. so you decided that now you would go from house to house and persuade people that they should hate this cheating bar, great.  well, this coffee tastes good to me and I will repeat that I had a great cappuccino there, although I was expecting something different.

when it comes to the PCARS3, a lot has changed in the driving model, which is now more affordable for casual gamepad players, that's what I've heard. contrary to PCARS2 community opinions, this change is not bad at all and the gameplay is nice though it gets a bit boring after a long while. the biggest problems are technical such as fps drops and problems with some kind artifacts and sometimes poor quality of the environment. many people hope that these problems will disappear with huge update comming soon but they also add can't recommend buying it right now. they also mention that the driving model is pleasantly arcade simple and reminiscent of what was good in the DriveClub or NFS Shift.

the more interesting thing is that the title was priced like games from the AAA group, which raises a lot of controversy in feedback after the premiere. with the naked eye you can see that a lot has been invested in promotion because there is a wave of marketing (news, reviews, youtubers, opinions). however, if you look well, there is more and more information that the whole content is heavily based on PCARS2 and basically only expanded (about +22 cars and drop of the tracks location list form 63 down to 51 but with some new like Toscana and Shanghai), adjusting the driving model to be more accessible. I honestly didn't expect it to be that similar and I have mixed feelings when promoting it as a new AAA title

Edited by minetti

4 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Not for me

• Like 1

opening up to gamepad players through a friendlier driving model is not a bad decision. it will work in the long run imho. the game does not look bad but these changes apart from the driving model are a bit too little to call it a new game in the top class AAA. we'll wait, we'll see

3 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

Not for me

I only care about online, i just need to check if it's done properly (and you know what i mean). If not i'll pass. 

3 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

I only care about online, i just need to check if it's done properly (and you know what i mean). If not i'll pass. 

If it is done grid style.

You'll only have playlist filled up with AI and a cheatmode.   :classic_tongue:  :classic_laugh:

5 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

If it is done grid style.

You'll only have playlist filled up with AI and a cheatmode.   :classic_tongue:  :classic_laugh:

excluding driving model, the game it's done more like the PCARS2 style and there is huge community, should be fine

Then, of course, there’s the online multiplayer, which was a ghost town at review stage but should give sim fans some close racing at last. But what is interesting is that besides the lobby-hopping Quick Race and the ability to set up your own game, there’s also a third, pretty straight facsimile of Gran Turismo Sport’s online setup, whereby you must register for an event that takes place at a set time, then qualify for it to determine your starting position.  https://www.gamesradar.com/project-cars-3-review/

after years of complaining the Autosport is one of the most-chosen games on mobiles so let's be patient because fate is unknown 😉 I say so, Ned

On 8/29/2020 at 6:57 PM, minetti said:

opening up to gamepad players through a friendlier driving model is not a bad decision. it will work in the long run imho. the game does not look bad but these changes apart from the driving model are a bit too little to call it a new game in the top class AAA. we'll wait, we'll see

from what i can tell pc3 is a copy paste of pc2 but less in the way of it being a sim.

i'am playing the waiting game with pc3, i have pc1 & 2 for both xbox & PC so the got paid twice for the same games.

there's not much new content wise with pc3 so until they add the missing tracks i find the price too expensive.