F1 2020 | 1.15 PATCH NOW LIVE Read more... ×

F1 2020 Career Mode Reg Changes

Received notice near end of my first season regulation changes were coming next season. 

I then started to adapt parts I had upgraded so far in season 1. My next race, still in season 1, I feel like my car is far slower. 

Did I make a mistake adapting parts early? Any suggestions to strategy for this? Thanks! 

No, all parts in departments on concerned by the regulations changes are still valid. You pay half the price to adapt them for next season otherwise they are lost. There is no reason for your car to be slower, except setup, ...

My advice would be to adapt your parts before buying new ones and not upgrading new parts in those departments since they will cost you 150% of the price.

28 minutes ago, RS Phil said:

No, all parts in departments on concerned by the regulations changes are still valid. You pay half the price to adapt them for next season otherwise they are lost. There is no reason for your car to be slower, except setup, ...

My advice would be to adapt your parts before buying new ones and not upgrading new parts in those departments since they will cost you 150% of the price.

Appreciate the clarification. I probably just suck on this track. Casual fan just getting into the sport and the game, so learning as I go. 

Thanks again!