Jump to content Jump to content

Failure chance

So I purchased 2 Major chassis upgrades. The first one was scheduled to arrive in Spain but it failed. The second one was meant to arrive in the next race (Monaco) but also failed. I have already upgraded the Chassis quality control to level 2 since the end of my first season and my chassis department morale reduces the failure chance by another 8% (so 12% failure chance). If the failure chance is so low why did both upgrades fail? Something is wrong with the failure chance percentage in this game. It shows 12% failure chance but it feels more like 40-50%

Just now, AvengerGR35 said:

So I purchased 2 Major chassis upgrades. The first one was scheduled to arrive in Spain but it failed. The second one was meant to arrive in the next race (Monaco) but also failed. I have already upgraded the Chassis quality control to level 2 since the end of my first season and my chassis department morale reduces the failure chance by another 8% (so 12% failure chance). If the failure chance is so low why did both upgrades fail? Something is wrong with the failure chance percentage in this game. It shows 12% failure chance but it feels more like 40-50%

The failure chance of both could be 1% and you still couldn't conclude anything is 'wrong'. Unlikely things happen.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong there. Each upgrade has a more than 1 in 9 chance to fail. While unlikely it is going to happen every now and then. And I doubt you were complaining when the majority of your upgrades were succeeding early game even though you should've failed about half of them.

2 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

Nothing wrong there. Each upgrade has a more than 1 in 9 chance to fail. While unlikely it is going to happen every now and then. And I doubt you were complaining when the majority of your upgrades were succeeding early game even though you should've failed about half of them.

Actually majority of my upgrades early in the game failed so I had to redevelop them. I wasn't complaining about it because it clearly said 45% failure chance and I was expecting many failures. However when it shows 12% failure chance and one upgrade fails after the other, then yes I think I should complain about it.

1 hour ago, AvengerGR35 said:

Actually majority of my upgrades early in the game failed so I had to redevelop them. I wasn't complaining about it because it clearly said 45% failure chance and I was expecting many failures. However when it shows 12% failure chance and one upgrade fails after the other, then yes I think I should complain about it.

Still no reason to complain. You would have reason to complain after doing a significant number of upgrades (at least 100 I would say) and you had about 20% or more fail.

• Agree 1
On 8/15/2020 at 4:48 PM, AvengerGR35 said:

If the failure chance is so low why did both upgrades fail?

It is an in game realistic representation of capitalism. Pay us more and we make it not fail!!

Edited by HotLZ