Jump to content Jump to content

Failure chance


Recommended Posts

So I purchased 2 Major chassis upgrades. The first one was scheduled to arrive in Spain but it failed. The second one was meant to arrive in the next race (Monaco) but also failed. I have already upgraded the Chassis quality control to level 2 since the end of my first season and my chassis department morale reduces the failure chance by another 8% (so 12% failure chance). If the failure chance is so low why did both upgrades fail? Something is wrong with the failure chance percentage in this game. It shows 12% failure chance but it feels more like 40-50%

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AvengerGR35 said:

So I purchased 2 Major chassis upgrades. The first one was scheduled to arrive in Spain but it failed. The second one was meant to arrive in the next race (Monaco) but also failed. I have already upgraded the Chassis quality control to level 2 since the end of my first season and my chassis department morale reduces the failure chance by another 8% (so 12% failure chance). If the failure chance is so low why did both upgrades fail? Something is wrong with the failure chance percentage in this game. It shows 12% failure chance but it feels more like 40-50%

The failure chance of both could be 1% and you still couldn't conclude anything is 'wrong'. Unlikely things happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong there. Each upgrade has a more than 1 in 9 chance to fail. While unlikely it is going to happen every now and then. And I doubt you were complaining when the majority of your upgrades were succeeding early game even though you should've failed about half of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

Nothing wrong there. Each upgrade has a more than 1 in 9 chance to fail. While unlikely it is going to happen every now and then. And I doubt you were complaining when the majority of your upgrades were succeeding early game even though you should've failed about half of them.

Actually majority of my upgrades early in the game failed so I had to redevelop them. I wasn't complaining about it because it clearly said 45% failure chance and I was expecting many failures. However when it shows 12% failure chance and one upgrade fails after the other, then yes I think I should complain about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AvengerGR35 said:

Actually majority of my upgrades early in the game failed so I had to redevelop them. I wasn't complaining about it because it clearly said 45% failure chance and I was expecting many failures. However when it shows 12% failure chance and one upgrade fails after the other, then yes I think I should complain about it.

Still no reason to complain. You would have reason to complain after doing a significant number of upgrades (at least 100 I would say) and you had about 20% or more fail.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2020 at 4:48 PM, AvengerGR35 said:

If the failure chance is so low why did both upgrades fail?

It is an in game realistic representation of capitalism. Pay us more and we make it not fail!!

Edited by HotLZ
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...