Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Transfer of pilots in my team with little movement

Recommended Posts

I am in my third season on my team, so far, two F2 drivers have come to F1 in places of retired drivers. Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen left, and De Vries and Brazilian Sette Camara entered.

Two things, there were no changes for F1 team drivers, and Sette Camara came straight from F2 to the Ferrari car ?? Ferrari could have hired Gasly, as he did very well this season with a smaller team, and the F2 driver entered a small F1 team, or at the end of the grid.

It would be great to be more detailed, and another thing. Can anyone tell me how the driver changes in F1 on my team look like mine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ronei2020 said:

I am in my third season on my team, so far, two F2 drivers have come to F1 in places of retired drivers. Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen left, and De Vries and Brazilian Sette Camara entered.

Two things, there were no changes for F1 team drivers, and Sette Camara came straight from F2 to the Ferrari car ?? Ferrari could have hired Gasly, as he did very well this season with a smaller team, and the F2 driver entered a small F1 team, or at the end of the grid.

It would be great to be more detailed, and another thing. Can anyone tell me how the driver changes in F1 on my team look like mine?

Hey, 

I'm on my 2nd season and so far I haven't seen anything extraordinary. Grosjean retired, Russell went to Haas to replace him, and my former teammate (Alesi) went to Williams to replace Russell while I hired free agent Tatiana as my teammate. Everyone else stayed in their original teams

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many people complained about driver movements and now it's more subdued and 'realistic' people complain still.

Amazing. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

So many people complained about driver movements and now it's more subdued and 'realistic' people complain still.

Amazing. 

funny haven't heard anyone about driver ratings at all since they were released an seeing that they in game which codies said confuses me why people were angry about them. it's ironic that they made something that the fans of the game always dreamt and asked for and they gave it and we complain about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

funny haven't heard anyone about driver ratings at all since they were released an seeing that they in game which codies said confuses me why people were angry about them. it's ironic that they made something that the fans of the game always dreamt and asked for and they gave it and we complain about it

This is precisely what I think needs to be improved in detail, if we have ratings for drivers, why is ferrari hiring a 64 rating driver?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ronei2020 said:

This is precisely what I think needs to be improved in detail, if we have ratings for drivers, why is ferrari hiring a 64 rating driver?

Because they’re still better than Sebastian Vettel? 🤣

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnboy83 said:

Because they’re still better than Sebastian Vettel? 🤣

4 times WC. Yes better😅🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Racingpoint2 said:

4 times WC. Yes better😅🤣

That was quite a long time ago now. Not sure how he just won driver of the day, when Perez comes back after two weeks out to finish 5th (4th if he hadn't ignored those blue flags) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 8:08 AM, Ronei2020 said:

This is precisely what I think needs to be improved in detail, if we have ratings for drivers, why is ferrari hiring a 64 rating driver?

I've noticed that too, some of the top teams are hiring these drivers rated below 70.  Which... is fine I guess because F2 drivers eventually get that shot, but I'd like to see some logic to it. 

First off F2 drivers ratings progress too slow.  Or it's a matter of the F1 teams hiring them too soon.  Either way, it needs addressing as to how drivers progress through the mode.

Secondly; F2 drivers should progress through to teams that actually make sense.  For example Ferrari academy drivrers should join teams in the Ferrari family when they break into F1, whether that be Alfa Romeo, or Haas.  Red Bull academy drivers to Alpha Tauri; Mercedes academy drivers to Williams and RP & now McLaren as well but they have their own development program if I'm not mistaken.   I'm not saying they have to have their career path locked to this team, but I hope there's at least something in the coding that "encourages" them to follow that path.  It's a video game though, so I get that there has to be some randomness to it, but sometimes it just seems too far out of left field. 

If they ever gave us the ability to edit the roster/ratings and control driver moves ourselves though, that would be more than ideal.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 3:14 PM, Racingpoint2 said:

4 times WC. Yes better😅🤣

Im joking, I’m actually a big Seb fan, rated him from his first race standing in for Kubica in USA and scoring points for BWM. I’m well aware of his successes, though they all came while he was in the best car on the grid it must be said, just like Hamilton right now.... 

Its hard seeing him in the doldrums but you have to admit, he’s been off his game for a while now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, amazingblaze said:

That was quite a long time ago now. Not sure how he just won driver of the day, when Perez comes back after two weeks out to finish 5th (4th if he hadn't ignored those blue flags) 

Mmm I think because he did 40 laps on a set of soft tyres. And people couldn’t even do that on the mediums.  I think it’s widely thought he pulled of something of a miracle to do that and scored well deserved points as a result. Maybe that was enough for people to vote.  He still wouldnt have been my choice though tbh. 

Edited by johnboy83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×