Jump to content Jump to content

Revs always reach max even when only 10% throttle is applied


Nick19

Recommended Posts

In F1 2020 if you hold the throttle at 10% for example the revs still keep building and reach max revs. The same happens at pretty much any percentage of throttle being applied. This makes starts incredibly difficult because you cannot hold the RPM at 10,000 for example to get a good launch because the revs just keep building. Older F1 titles titles such as F1 2017 & 2019 (as I have just tested) do not have this problem. If you hold the throttle at 10% it will reach about 9000 revs and stay there so long as you keep your accelerator pedal still, just like a car would in real life. 

Playing on Xbox one X

Game version 1.07

Issue occurs in all game modes

9 replications. 7 during race starts in my team and 2 whilst in time trial with the car not moving on track, in neutral and holding the throttle so the first 2 green bars on the MFD are lit

I have tried restarting my console, the game and updating my wheel/pedals

I am using a Thrustmaster TX wheel base, the Thrustmaster F1 Wheel add on and the Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nick19 said:

In F1 2020 if you hold the throttle at 10% for example the revs still keep building and reach max revs. The same happens at pretty much any percentage of throttle being applied. This makes starts incredibly difficult because you cannot hold the RPM at 10,000 for example to get a good launch because the revs just keep building. Older F1 titles titles such as F1 2017 & 2019 (as I have just tested) do not have this problem. If you hold the throttle at 10% it will reach about 9000 revs and stay there so long as you keep your accelerator pedal still, just like a car would in real life. 

Playing on Xbox one X

Game version 1.07

Issue occurs in all game modes

9 replications. 7 during race starts in my team and 2 whilst in time trial with the car not moving on track, in neutral and holding the throttle so the first 2 green bars on the MFD are lit

I have tried restarting my console, the game and updating my wheel/pedals

I am using a Thrustmaster TX wheel base, the Thrustmaster F1 Wheel add on and the Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals  

Have you updated the wheelbase firmware? Have you an XBox controller attached? (Normally a lot of these input errors are due to the controllers having 'float' or registering when they shouldn't.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is "by design ", when you start a race, building up the revs is very different to previous game.

The throttle is more sensitive when you are about to start. It makes it harder to find the optimal Revs.

If you are in neutral at any time, it's more sensitive than being in 1st gear 2and 3rd...

You just need to get used to it..

Hopefully that helps you @Nick19

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a bit of a play with this and I agree with the OP. Using T3PA pedals with a T300RS wheel on PS4 (v 1.07) there doesn't seem to be any throttle position that maintains a fixed RPM between idle and max, rather the RPM always either gradually increases or decreases. This is true even if I turn the throttle linearity up to 50. So it's possible to stay in the ballpark of a target RPM by fluctuating the throttle pedal position but not by keeping it stationary.

Edit: I doubt this is relevant but for info. I tested this in TT at Hungary using the Mercedes car.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zon1bzh said:

This is "by design ", when you start a race, building up the revs is very different to previous game.

The throttle is more sensitive when you are about to start. It makes it harder to find the optimal Revs.

If you are in neutral at any time, it's more sensitive than being in 1st gear 2and 3rd...

You just need to get used to it..

Hopefully that helps you @Nick19

I really hope this isn’t by design because it’s not true to real life. It would be like Codemasters making the hard tyre compound only last 5 laps on a 50% race just to make the game more challenging which would be crazy. The problem I have is it’s not possible to get used to because if the revs go to say 12,000rpm and you very slightly take your foot off the throttle, they just die right back to like 7000 and by the time you’ve tried to somehow get the revs close to about 10,000 again the lights have gone out and you’ve completely missed the start. If this is by design I think it needs changing because like I said it’s not true to real life. You don’t hear the cars RPM keep fluctuating up and down in a real life race start, they just build them up and hold them

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nick19 said:

I really hope this isn’t by design because it’s not true to real life. It would be like Codemasters making the hard tyre compound only last 5 laps on a 50% race just to make the game more challenging which would be crazy. The problem I have is it’s not possible to get used to because if the revs go to say 12,000rpm and you very slightly take your foot off the throttle, they just die right back to like 7000 and by the time you’ve tried to somehow get the revs close to about 10,000 again the lights have gone out and you’ve completely missed the start. If this is by design I think it needs changing because like I said it’s not true to real life. You don’t hear the cars RPM keep fluctuating up and down in a real life race start, they just build them up and hold them

I don't believe it is by design based on my own test. I think @zon1bzh probably hasn't tested this using the same conditions that you and I have. When I first read this thread I thought you probably just needed to be more gentle on the throttle but having actually tried it I now don't think it is as it should be. On v 1.06 and using T300RS pedals I believe I was able to maintain a steady RPM value but now on V 1.07 with T3PA pedals I am not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I

49 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I don't believe it is by design based on my own test. I think @zon1bzh probably hasn't tested this using the same conditions that you and I have. When I first read this thread I thought you probably just needed to be more gentle on the throttle but having actually tried it I now don't think it is as it should be. On v 1.06 and using T300RS pedals I believe I was able to maintain a steady RPM value but now on V 1.07 with T3PA pedals I am not. 

I haven't updated to patch 1.07 yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm I have had issues with this for a while as well (as it was the same on previous games). Revs always increase, impossible to hold a steady mid/low RPM. I predominantly use a T500 with pedal set, although it does it on a dualshock 4 as well.. Currently on v1.07

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've recently swapped to no TC and have found it near impossible to get a good race start because of this issue. I'm using a G920 & literally just a touch (10% at a guess) of accelerator pedal and I'm maxing out rpm. Lift ever so slightly and it's 3k-4k... Resulting in either very slow starts or being unable to maintain traction and spinning out. Ruining my race before it starts, as well as that of others if I'm ahead of them on the grid. Not only is it infuriating for me trying to improve my driving abilities, it annoys the hell out of my mates who sometimes get caught up in the carnage of my grid spin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Have users also tried tweaking their linearity

I did this as I noted earlier in the thread, without any significant difference.

The reference you tried to post isn't showing for me - I just see a white rectangle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So, have we any answer for this? so far i've tryed it on 3 different wheels, a T150, a friend's G29 and an old DFGT I had collecting dust, and is always the same, barely press the throttle and I get max revs, lift a little and they drop under 5k, barely press again and max again.

So no way is a wheel or configuration problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 12:24 AM, Erudain said:

So, have we any answer for this? so far i've tryed it on 3 different wheels, a T150, a friend's G29 and an old DFGT I had collecting dust, and is always the same, barely press the throttle and I get max revs, lift a little and they drop under 5k, barely press again and max again.

So no way is a wheel or configuration problem.

Yep still got the issue and clearly it’s affecting many people yet I’ve heard no update on this 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...