Jump to content Jump to content

Time trial

mahmutcan0163

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

My guess would be that the top three times use some form of cheat.

Top times achievable times in game are generally faster than in real life though. There's another current thread discussing this somewhere.

Top three has vac bans.😡

Just now, mahmutcan0163 said:

Top three has vac bans.😡

I don't actually know what that means?

It's interesting to see there are about 30,000 times set for Spain on PC. There are over 40,000 on the current PS4 TT leaderboard.

Just now, mahmutcan0163 said:

Codemasters must make something.

Online cheating bothers me more actually. I'm sufficiently far off the top of the TT leaderboards that if a few at the very top cheat it doesn't really affect me :classic_biggrin:. Obviously many may be more subtly cheating but I do think the vast majority won't as its just more fun to genuinely achieve times.

Another view point on this.

Is it possible for anyone to be in the top 10 (bearing in mind the quality of the drivers there) by running a stock F1 2020 game setup?

In addition, by coincidence, in the TT board posted above, the 5 drivers who are using stock setups are also using assists. Mmmmm. 

Let's give 4th the benefit of the doubt here because they're within any reasonable margin of error from fifth. Thus, there's no guarantee 6th, who's slower than the first truly legit time, is cheating either. First through third, however, are clearly cheating. An example of MoE coming into play is my lengthy stint on Singapore in an Alfa earlier today because I ran a 2:14 in the wet before altering the setup I ran several laps with. I didn't think I'd beat that time after altering the setup due to increased ride heights, but I'd almost always have at least one green sector unless I botched the first sector somehow. Granted, I don't think I had a clean lap after making my alterations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 1:05 PM, KNT2011 said:

What is gained from cheating to this extent? Is it just to have your username top of the leaderboard? Is there anything else that can be gained or is that literally it?

It could help one getting into some leagues that have a pre-qualifier in terms of TT times. Although any league organizers in possession of two occasionally colliding brain cells will see times like that as cheats. It's the more subtle ones that are the pain. If someone raises his grip and power output by 3%, it's already much harder to detect, but has a big impact on laptime.

Archived