Jump to content Jump to content

Drivers transfers Career mode

I have a question about drivers transfers - it is true that when you move to another team you'll always replace 1st driver?

Also, why Coddie connected player moves to overall market? Except on/off option it should be option when only player could change the team, as it was in F1 2019 after patch.

• Agree 1

So far it seems that's the way it is. I've done a couple team moves and it was always the number one driver that swapped teams. This includes Verstappen leaving red bull even when he outscored albon by almost 100 pts.

I'm disappointed. It should be the number two driver who leaves. 

• Sad 1

Just make it easy; give the player the option to pick who they replace.   I get it; it's not "realistic" but at least that way nobody can complain.  Except those who want it randomized like this so they can complain I guess  lol  No offense to the OP here, that's not what I'm saying at all.   I'm just saying the easiest way to make this system work best for all players is just give the player the option.   Hell, I'd like the option to control where EVERY driver goes.  That though is simply because I want Sainz to move to Ferrari in season 2, etc. etc.   I want some realism to it, the game can never replicate real life in this instance, so just give the player the control.  Same way you get to pick your teammate when you start career mode. IT will clear up the whole thing IMO, then there's no reason for anyone to complain really.

Edited by petro1319

This is real?  Did anyone here have a different experience, going to a team instead of the 2nd driver?  This game is really broken.  One disappointment after another.  First it was the error in the sound of the MyTeam engine that made me quit the mode and go to the traditional career.  Then I start the traditional career mode and I already see the disappearance of the Safety Car, and now that.  I am close to finishing my first season and I was hoping to go to Red Bull to fight Verstappen, but apparently, I will be a partner of Albon.  This is so frustrating!  What is the logic of always going to the place of the 1st pilot, and not the 2nd?

41 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

I heard you can't even swap teams in regular career? It just skips over the contract negotiations?

Only if you turn the driver market off at the start. If you don't you get a contract renewal after the 11th race and after the last race. I was the only driver who switches teams during my first season.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys in career mode with your own team,can you replace your second driver with Another?when it's contract season? I'm not happy with nikita mazepin so I want to change my second driver. Is it possible?

19 minutes ago, BRIAN619 said:

Hey guys in career mode with your own team,can you replace your second driver with Another?when it's contract season? I'm not happy with nikita mazepin so I want to change my second driver. Is it possible?

Yes. At week 11 after Austria and at the end of the Season