Jump to content Jump to content

Driving Force GT setup (Autocentering)

OzoreXS

Hi all,
I´m trying to figure out how to make a good config with this wheel. I tried some googled configs, tried FFB xml files... everything.

The config I fund more confortable is NO PROFILE in profiler,+ 900º & default options (separated pedals) in driver and 100% values in game but 30 % wheel friction and soft lock on.

The thing is, I cant make steering wheel back to center when exiting a hairpin or tight turn... very frustrating and annoying. I have to "unwrap" wheel manually...

Can you help me with this? I think so :dizzy: 

Best regards!
Update:
70% autocentering feature in driver almost did the trick.

Now I still find weakness at the center zone ... this happened to me before with titles like pCARS where it was fixed by ingame "Deadzone removal range" option with a value of 0.15 previously obtained with "Wheelcheck"
sods said:
Thanks mate, but that config will not match OK with DR because of the strength and the 180º of rotation.

Dirt rally requires constant corrections over the wheel to maintain the car on track.. 180º is too sensitive (I play with the real rotation º of each n´every car from 540º to 900º) and the strehgth will camuflate the FFB effects.

Anyway, I found a quite pretty good setup with config mentioned above:
65/70% autocentering feature on global settings works pretty good. And 30/40% wheel frition in game FFB options. Pretty good config IMHO.
Now I can exit hairpins and tight turns letting wheel slide in my hands! 

These are my options on Logitech Profiler. I'm using a Driving Force GT, as yourself, and I never had problems with profiler itself. The adjustments I do are all ingame (and I can show them later if you need to).

I don't know if these are my definitive options, but I feel very confortable with them right now.

jpneves said:
These are my options on Logitech Profiler. I'm using a Driving Force GT, as yourself, and I never had problems with profiler itself. The adjustments I do are all ingame (and I can show them later if you need to).

I don't know if these are my definitive options, but I feel very confortable with them right now.

The fact is, "Enable centering spring in FFB Games" is DISABLED in global options by default. I must Enable it to get the centered during play in DR. This didnt happeneed before with Dirt 2/3 or Grid games.

Indeed, I never changed any option but degrees of rotation during CODIES games.
  • 1 month later...
Malyngo said:
In the game, I have everything on 100% in the FFB vibration settings and in Logitech driver:
Effects Strength 136%
Spring Effect 99% (probably just missed the 100%)
Damper 100%

No centering,
900° steering
let game change settings

I have a clear centering force in the game, so maybe this is somehow in the wheel friction?

I´ll try this setting later. But I suspect I´ll dont like them because of the 100 value at wheel friction: this gives me a strange opposite force during countersteering (hairpins, sustained drift,...ect)

Thanks anyway, it deserves a try!
Malyngo said:
I have to take a look at the countersteering behaviour myself, didn't notice anything unusual, but than again, I am not a good driver.  :|
Maybe something between 30% and 100% will do the trick for you.

With opposite force, do you mean that you steer the direction that you want to go, and you have a force working against you?
Exactly. I understand the opposite force as an unnatural effect created in certain conditions.

In example, when you drift a RWD car you´re driving under oversteer conditions when the back of the car is loose. If you are drawing a right turn, the steering wheel should move to the left automatically (you just need to let the wheel slide on your hands or accompany the movement of the steering wheel); in this moment is where I notice the strange behavior, the opposite force that tries to move the steering wheel to the right instead of letting you to freely correct the direction gently.

Before the june FFB update this was even worse... reaching unplayable levels.

I suspect this is related with changes of trajectory and wheight transfers... its a bit hard to explain, but its the most noticiable moment you feel the opposite force.

Maybe is just a wrong FFB settings; I´ve to work more on this.

Archived