Jump to content
F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

After 1.07 patch the SAFETY CAR is gone

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

how do you tag that info on the bottom of your posts?

You can go to your profile and write a signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The safety car feature works very well for me depending on where a car is located the SC VSC or local yellow will come out, as a player this is awesome as your never sure if you put or not. I have an SC every 2 or 3 races a VSC almost every race depending if there is a retirement or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Seems like Codies are kidding gamers. We have a two different games in one box. 

I like to watching some bloggers who plays f1 2020 and they have batlles between AI racers, crashes, mistakes, VSC and SC.

So i have another copy of game. My AI racers do nothing, no crashes and no mistakes. They run on trajectory like a freight train.

Options are: 50% length, damage 'Simulation', 85% difficulty, SC on, ABS on. Sometimes i use "Flashbacks". And i have a VSC every race because of DNFs and, no real SC for two seasons.

So can someone explain me why i see a very big difference between two games on my PS4 and blogger's video?

Edited by Enlate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Enlate said:

Seems like Codies are kidding gamers. We have a two different games in one box. 

I like to watching some bloggers who plays f1 2020 and they have batlles between AI racers, crashes, mistakes, VSC and SC.

So i have another copy of game. My AI racers do nothing, no crashes and no mistakes. They run on trajectory like a freight train.

Options are: 50% length, damage 'Simulation', 85% difficulty, SC on, ABS on. Sometimes i use "Flashbacks". And i have a VSC every race because of DNFs and, no real SC for two seasons.

So can someone explain me why i see a very big difference between two games on my PS4 and blogger's video?

Career mode, and particularly after first few races, because of upgrades to cars arriving at different times, failing, needing replaced etc. adds more to the AI race exeprience and creates more incidents. 

This is not really seen in GP modes or running championship mode etc. as these features don't really apply. 

I see AI fighting, occasional crash, some mistakes, and safety car sometimes and VSC. I just don't expect to see these things every single time a car is off the road or a yellow flag is out. 

What is more likely, really, CM ship two different games? Or you're viewing your own experience with inherent bias. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Career mode, and particularly after first few races, because of upgrades to cars arriving at different times, failing, needing replaced etc. adds more to the AI race exeprience and creates more incidents. 

This is not really seen in GP modes or running championship mode etc. as these features don't really apply. 

I see AI fighting, occasional crash, some mistakes, and safety car sometimes and VSC. I just don't expect to see these things every single time a car is off the road or a yellow flag is out. 

What is more likely, really, CM ship two different games? Or you're viewing your own experience with inherent bias. 

I will try to explain. I have a two copies of f1 2019 for PC and PS4. I bought PS4 version because want to play with SC, but this version was broken too. 

After that i bought f1 2020 for PS4, and start to play MyTeam mode (such as blogger whom i followed). I don't see a fighting, hitting walls, punctures or something else. AI sometimes blocks their wheels, but its all.  I don't expect a SC in every race, but i want to see SC at least in 5-6 races in full season, but it's not working. I don't understand why. When i said about 2 different games, it was a joke obviously, but this things make me sad, because in my country price of this game is very high =(

I don't play an Single GP or Champinonship mode. MyTeam and Career are prefered. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maffoom007 said:

O recurso de carro de segurança funciona muito bem para mim, dependendo de onde um carro está localizado, o SC VSC ou amarelo local vai sair, como um jogador isso é incrível, pois você nunca tem certeza se vai colocar ou não. Eu tenho um SC a cada 2 ou 3 corridas um VSC quase todas as corridas dependendo se há uma aposentadoria ou não

What platform are you playing on and with what settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enlate said:

So can someone explain me why i see a very big difference between two games on my PS4 and blogger's video?

It's not just between yourself and vloggers, there are also differences across groups of members of this forum. Currently I suspect there is some unintended bug that means some combinations of settings and/or actions that nobody would expect to affect the likelihood of each type of safety car, actually does. Contenders in my mind based on posts I've read include the damage mode, AI level and season restarts.

Some will no doubt point to random chance but I'm getting to the point that I've seen enough threads along the lines of both 'I never see a safety car' and 'I get a safety car every race' to make me suspect there is more to this.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

It's not just between yourself and vloggers, there are also differences across groups of members of this forum. Currently I suspect there is some unintended bug that means some combinations of settings and/or actions that nobody would expect to affect the likelihood of each type of safety car, actually does. Contenders in my mind based on posts I've read include the damage mode, AI level and season restarts.

Some will no doubt point to random chance but I'm getting to the point that I've seen enough threads along the lines of both 'I never see a safety car' and 'I get a safety car every race' to make me suspect there is more to this.

This is exactly the situation but as it is, in order to be investigated the issue has to be replicated otherwise CM won’t consider it. That’s why the only way is to post video (with the official bug report) of having/not having SC and why we think there is an issue.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RS Phil said:

Safety Car appears for 25%, 50% and 100% race distance.

Yea, I think only for F2 it appears in 50-100% races. I checked it. I think you must have simulation damage on for a guarantee of it coming out..

Edited by Krisperfectline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Krisperfectline said:

simulation damage on for a guarantee of it coming out..

I’ve tried simulation and full. It does not change anything for this issue, except on simulation you have more chance of having severe damages to your wings while AI is rock solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the SC and VSC disappearing an issue of restarting a career? I first did a 10 race season in career mode and had them for almost every race (25%) and after I finished the season I started a new career and I've now done one full season and 8 races into the second season and I've not had one single SC or VSC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TL77 said:

Is the SC and VSC disappearing an issue of restarting a career? I first did a 10 race season in career mode and had them for almost every race (25%) and after I finished the season I started a new career and I've now done one full season and 8 races into the second season and I've not had one single SC or VSC?

You're certainly not the first person to provide anecdotal evidence that it might be, which is why I put it on my list of possible causes above. As @RS Phil mentioned above, you example would benefit from being posted in the Technical Assistance area to get any real attention from Codemasters.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One user said that if u see a SC in first race in season (Australia) it will be in all season, if not - u couldn't see it in a single race.

I thought that using Flashbacks or Some assist systems can affect on AI Drivers. 

I'm very disapointed about this bug, PC can have a different hardware and software config, but all PS4 are the same. So, many blogers have no issues year-by-year and i have this bug on different platforms :)

Edited by Enlate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RS Phil said:

This is exactly the situation but as it is, in order to be investigated the issue has to be replicated otherwise CM won’t consider it. That’s why the only way is to post video (with the official bug report) of having/not having SC and why we think there is an issue.

What video u want to provide? Sometimes SC trigger works fine but no incidents on track because of "driver on rails', race by race. In this case u need to send a full season video to show a problem. If SC trigger works bad, u can send video with crash or dnf's. But i done it last year and BarryBL said: "No debris and AI parked his car in safe place, no SC or VSC needed." But i saw a same situation with sc and vsc. So, i think codies don't care about this problem or can't fix it

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Enlate said:

What video u want to provide?

This kind of video (when you think a SC was needed). 

First things first. We need to clarify with CM when a SC is needed. IRL, when a car is stopped on a dangerous situation, the SC comes out in order to evacuate the car by marshals. I don’t know if this is implemented in the game, which could explain while so many people have no SC. A lot of mechanical failures but no real incidents.

On the other hand, you are right. I’m pretty sure SC come out for no reason and you don’t see any trouble on the track.

The SC feature needs a complete revamping following the rules of the FIA (lapped cars, informing in Sector 1 it will be in this lap, ...) and be consistent. But, of course, as you said, CM should care about it and put some effort for fixing this.

My personal opinion is that they give all their resources on new features (My Team, gloves, suits, helmets, ...) every year and have nobody to improve or fix existing features (Jeff, mechanical failures for players, SC, ...). All this exist and stay like this for years. It’s pretty commercial you know. Players are more interested in new things to buy a game, rather than having a few advanced players caring about realism and playability. It’s a shame but ...

Edited by RS Phil
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you start a new career mode be sure to turn on safety car on the setting page since it’s always off after creating a new save

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tahiti said:

If you start a new career mode be sure to turn on safety car on the setting page since it’s always off after creating a new save

Interesting. I wonder if that could be something many are missing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tahiti said:

If you start a new career mode be sure to turn on safety car on the setting page since it’s always off after creating a new save

At least in the settings during a career mode you can switch it off and on and I'm 100% sure it was On when I started my second career mode save and I have checked it during the season multiple times and it still says it's on. But still no SC when racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TL77 said:

O desaparecimento do SC e do VSC é uma questão de reiniciar uma carreira? Primeiro fiz uma temporada de 10 corridas no modo carreira e as tive em quase todas as corridas (25%) e depois de terminar a temporada comecei uma nova carreira e agora fiz uma temporada completa e 8 corridas na segunda temporada e eu não teve um único SC ou VSC?

I'm another one who had a Safety Car in every race on my first save in MyTeam mode.  Then I left the mode and started a traditional career mode and I'm already in the 5th race of the second season and no Safety Car or VSC until now.  Coincidentally or not, I started this career after patch 1.07.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Enlate said:

What video u want to provide? Sometimes SC trigger works fine but no incidents on track because of "driver on rails', race by race. In this case u need to send a full season video to show a problem. If SC trigger works bad, u can send video with crash or dnf's. But i done it last year and BarryBL said: "No debris and AI parked his car in safe place, no SC or VSC needed." But i saw a same situation with sc and vsc. So, i think codies don't care about this problem or can't fix it

YES I agree with You. There are TWO PROBLEMS WITH CODEMASTER.

1. They really do not care about Safety Car.

OR

2. They can not FIX the Safety Car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2020 at 7:18 AM, caiocrq said:

What platform are you playing on and with what settings?

PC, 25% race transfers on, sim damage, my team, 80% ai 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after 1.08 patch it seems the Safety car is back!

Just had it appear in Austria on lap 14 of 18 after Sainz stopped on the racing line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×