F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

Carcass temps in Career mode beyond S1

Anyone else on controller watching their temps skyrocket in the face of higher cornering speeds and straight line speed? I've found about half the tracks I come across un-runnable on softer tyres now which puts me at a huge race disadvantage. I've had to turn carcass temps off.

The devs do a great job of balancing it in general for the base game. Unfortunately for career mode it gets pretty unbalanced against the player as the car gets faster and faster.

Yes had this as well. They don't seem to take upgrades into account across a lot of the later seasons. I find ride height to be the most annoying. I don't find that the AI are affected either.

9 hours ago, SASColfer said:

Yes had this as well. They don't seem to take upgrades into account across a lot of the later seasons. I find ride height to be the most annoying. I don't find that the AI are affected either.

They used to be in 2018 on the extreme end. Had some amusing races at Singapore with upgraded cars. Definitely not a thing now though.

I have it turned off because you are the only one affected by the carcass temps. The AI tires doesn't have carcass temperatures so why should we? It makes the game unfair because the AI can push all the time while you have to worry about keeping your tires below 105°C

2 hours ago, AvengerGR35 said:

I have it turned off because you are the only one affected by the carcass temps. The AI tires doesn't have carcass temperatures so why should we? It makes the game unfair because the AI can push all the time while you have to worry about keeping your tires below 105°C

Is this correct? Do you have a source or can verify this? If so, that’s a major negative with the game, why would they decide to include a huge flaw?!

15 minutes ago, joetoml1n said:

Is this correct? Do you have a source or can verify this? If so, that’s a major negative with the game, why would they decide to include a huge flaw?!

It is, at least from what I experienced in last year's game. From what I've seen in Tiametmarduk's gameplay this year its more obvious because in the formation lap and during the safety car period the AI doesn't zig zag to warm the tires due to a bug yet they have warm tires when the race starts / resumes.

Next time I'm on I'll run a test race with the telemetry app open and save opponent laps. This will answer it for sure. I'll let you know