Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015 Gamepad issues across the board

Game is pretty much completely unplayable for me right now. Without remapping, using either the default direct input preset, or the generic controller or whatever the wording is, the car won't accelerate forward, only backwards.. and the brakes are locked the entire time. Once I remap, the game can't make up it's mind whether to use generic names for the assignments, like AXIS Z-, or RT. Or BUTTON 3, or B. This probably isn't an actual issue, but it's a tiny nuisance.

Then there's the actual problems. Randomly, the game starts thinking A is.. A, X is B, and B is A, and Y is.. Y, and BACK is.. B? Seriously, it makes no goddamn sense. And then, navigating some screens, this isn't the case, the button prompts actually correspond to the correct ones. Navigating menus is just.. a whole unenjoyable experience alone because of this mind baffling bug. You can't even navigate the setup menus without using F5 and F6, because it randomly will jump between the first two tabs... sometimes. Other times the shoulder buttons do absolutely nothing on this screen.

Then that wouldn't even be that big of a problem to deal with, if the actual *game* functioned. As it stands, there's no way to change the deadzone/saturation options for the analog sticks, because for some absurd reason it's probably thinking it's a wheel. I've had a look at files briefly and it's either presets which are named dumb in an xml file, or in my docs for the hardware settings, or a proprietary file format in the userdata folder of Steam. So what happens because of this? The small resting range of the analog stick means steering "settles" a few degrees off center when I let go of it, leading to some catastrophically unpredictable scenarios, like suddenly meeting walls or other cars. And because of the saturation, even the smallest movement on the stick means a huge movement on the car, so it's squirrelly as hell all the time.

A+, would not buy again.

(The pad is a Thrustmaster GPX, for what it's worth. But honestly, it really should not bloody matter. It works completely fine as an XBOX controller in every single other game that uses the API/driver/whatever.)

im having the same issues with my Xbox 360 controller for PC
Car constantly accelerates full on using the default 'xbox controller' setting

If i create a custom profile its ok but it feels awful using look back makes the car swerve to one side i thought it was me at first so i pressed look back on a straight and left the stick alone and the car swerved to the left...

im massively disappointing and normally im the one defending games with bugs on day 1 release but this is too problematic to be ignored
This needs fixing ASAP i'm pretty annoyed about it right now and my post might reflect how annoyed i am but seriously guys.... i'm feeling let down.

A+, would not buy again (on day 1 i'll wait next time and not plan a free evening to play the game and then be let down)

my controller simply doesnt work

its like the throttle is stuck open, cant select gear - cant set the car up, cant remap the controls

the game is simply unplayable

I'm having exactly THE SAME FUCKING ISSUE... 2 days with the game installed and don't got run 1 single lap 

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE why the fucking hell anyone from codemasters doesn't said nothing nether fixed this UNPLAYABLE issue ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what a shame !!!!!!!!

I discovered that plugging the controller after launching the game solves the issue for me :) I can play and I'm having quite some fun with it :)

Great discovery Winzards, i will try it... Almost this way i can experiment the game a first time because until now, nothing...

WTF because I'm using exactly a 360 gamepad so I hope CM release a patch ASAPASAPASAP AFTER TEST!!!!!!!!!

I can't seem to keep it in a straight line with my Xbox 360 game pad.  Normally with previous versions of the game I have had all assists off.  Now with all the assists  on it's just a nightmare!!!  So are we having to wait for a patch or does anyone know of any good controllers for the PC?

uploading a video of what happens when i try to play at the moment will post it soon as its done.
its a joke honestly i have no idea how its been sold like this, i could forgive the odd bug normal day 1 issues but when you see what happens when i try to drive in my video you will  understand why i am so frustrated!!! 

Winzards said:
I discovered that plugging the controller after launching the game solves the issue for me :) I can play and I'm having quite some fun with it :)
I actually saw this suggestion as I was in the middle of the whole buttons re-orienting themselves issue, so I replugged my pad and initially it fixed the buttons (but not the actual driving controls). Then it quickly went back to broken. So yeah, brief fix, broken mess of a game.

My Logitech f710 doesn't work.  I can't even play this friggin game long enough to give it a review.  I bought this game pad thinking surely it would be compatible for most games etc... What a joke this game is.  Last time I will buy a code masters game.

Ok from now on, I will be downloading pirate copies of Codemasters' games if I even want to play it. I have been buying their F1 titles since 2010 - and each time we do this sh!t. We complain about crap they need to fix until the next title comes out - only to find out there is more stuff missing or not working. 
The worst issue in F1 2015 is the deadzone issue with custom wheel settings. WTF can't they fix this with an update after almost a year?
So Codemasters hear me out - I will NOT buy your kak ever again.