F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Patch 1.08 | Patch Notes

Any update on when the "sport" or performance update will arrive? Bit ridiculous that we are 1 and a half months in and we still haven't even had a Ferrari Engine nerf! Please just half the performance of the Ferrari Engine and we'll be happy 

15 minutes ago, Art746 said:

Any update on when the "sport" or performance update will arrive? Bit ridiculous that we are 1 and a half months in and we still haven't even had a Ferrari Engine nerf! Please just half the performance of the Ferrari Engine and we'll be happy 

Coming soon as Barry said.

Just now, zon1bzh said:

Coming soon as Barry said.

So that will be next decade then... He's been saying that for a month now

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Art746 said:

So that will be next decade then... He's been saying that for a month now

I understand the enthusiasm for this, however, we have had to prioritise issues that are critical to players playing the game ("Xbox One wheels controls will no longer control the car and camera at the same time" being a obvious example), as this has taken precedent. The Sport Update is in the process of being completed internally, it is just not ready as of yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

No love for online yet again 🤷‍♂️

Oh boy, the esports rounds will surely do very well.

Edited by Costa
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Hi Barry,

When will the following My Team gameplay issue be solved:

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I understand the enthusiasm for this, however, we have had to prioritise issues that are critical to players playing the game ("Xbox One wheels controls will no longer control the car and camera at the same time" being a obvious example), as this has taken precedent. The Sport Update is in the process of being completed internally, it is just not ready as of yet.

Thank you for the response, I understand you need to prioritize gameplay issues but I don't understand why the sport update has taken so long. I say this as modders have been able to produce mods that can do the sport update with not 100% accuracy but better than vanilla. 

Hopefully we can get it soon though

5 minutes ago, AVAlesi02 said:

Hi Barry,

When will the following My Team gameplay issue be solved:

Thank you.

Please check the recommended posts in the thread @AVAlesi02. As mentioned in the recommend, was unlikely to make 1.08, but we are working towards this being added into a future patch soon.

2 minutes ago, Art746 said:

Thank you for the response, I understand you need to prioritize gameplay issues but I don't understand why the sport update has taken so long. I say this as modders have been able to produce mods that can do the sport update with not 100% accuracy but better than vanilla. 

Hopefully we can get it soon though

Fair Comment. However, users who mod don't have to gain approval of FOM and their various stakeholders, the drivers and the teams. They are also variants of builds that are added to the games 'at the users risk'. We have to stress test updates, ensure that all parties are happy with our changes (as you can imagine with F1, this will take time) and implement them. If stakeholders disagree, it can hold things up.

Modders are users who can take something and change it to their desires. Our updates are official and have the 'red-tape' to go with that.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Fair Comment. However, users who mod don't have to gain approval of FOM and their various stakeholders, the drivers and the teams. They are also variants of builds that are added to the games 'at the users risk'. We have to stress test updates, ensure that all parties are happy with our changes (as you can imagine with F1, this will take time) and implement them. If stakeholders disagree, it can hold things up.

Modders are users who can take something and change it to their desires. Our updates are official and have the 'red-tape' to go with that.

Now that explains a lot, thank you very much for the reply. That explains why updates take so long so come through I guess.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Please check the recommended posts in the thread @AVAlesi02. As mentioned in the recommend, was unlikely to make 1.08, but we are working towards this being added into a future patch soon.

Thank you for your response Barry.

I appreciate it's not in your latest patch notes however do you have any idea of timeline of when a fix will be released? 

Right now i feel i shouldn't play my team until this issue is resolved which is a shame as it was the main reason I bought this game on its release date.

Just now, AVAlesi02 said:

Thank you for your response Barry.

I appreciate it's not in your latest patch notes however do you have any idea of timeline of when a fix will be released? 

Right now i feel i shouldn't play my team until this issue is resolved which is a shame as it was the main reason I bought this game on its release date.

No ETA at this time. I wouldn't want to promise a date and then break that promise.

We are hoping that the fix for your issue will be a part of 1.09 and is scheduled for that at this time, but, as ever, always subject to change.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

No ETA at this time. I wouldn't want to promise a date and then break that promise.

We are hoping that the fix for your issue will be a part of 1.09 and is scheduled for that at this time, but, as ever, always subject to change.

Thank you Barry, your honest response is much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

@BarryBL has error code HO78.6443 been fixed yet? You mention “have had to prioritise issues that are critical to players playing the game” but haven’t fixed people being kicked every single multiplayer race. It’s getting ridiculous that after 7 patches this hasn’t been sorted and that half the games overall content can not be used. We have provided bug reports and footage but have given little communication as to what the issue is. 

8 minutes ago, swifishy said:

@BarryBL has error code HO78.6443 been fixed yet? You mention “have had to prioritise issues that are critical to players playing the game” but haven’t fixed people being kicked every single multiplayer race. It’s getting ridiculous that after 7 patches this hasn’t been sorted and that half the games overall content can not be used. We have provided bug reports and footage but have given little communication as to what the issue is. 

Still under investigation and with our network team. It is a very difficult one to replicate, as its user and network related with a lot of variables.

Still under investigation and with our network team. It is a very difficult one to replicate, as its user and network related with a lot of variables.

This waffle is honestly so disappointing. It’s been under investigation for more than a month now, what has the network team actually achieved in that time? Please provide details, i payed £55 for this game and I want to play the game I payed for and I want to hear a proper answer from people who are actually looking at the problem! Why wasn’t this happening in the last f1 games and happening now! I understand it’s a difficult issue but something like this should be prioritised over the superficial things like you mentioned. 

• Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, Enlate said:

Still ignored by Codies 😞

@Enlate, you've added a lot in your post there covering pretty general concepts. Maybe adding them and creating a thread in 'Suggestions' and in more detail would be a better way to do so. Adding 'AI Mistakes, Crashes etc' is pretty general topics.

Dear @BarryBL

Has the my team acclaim decreasing/resetting be fixed with this patch since I don't see it mentioned in the notes?

You mentioned in the thread that it was a high priority and would be in an upcoming patch.

Thanks for answering.

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL

Is this PC too? Says consoles.

And absolutely no “various other unspecified fixes”?

probably ignore me, I saw 1.08 and thought this was a today patch. Didn’t realise it was and oldish post

but then you mention DLSS and graphic cards which makes me think this is PC

Edited by TeenierNeilb69

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

It is for PC and it’s updating now

I had a bit of a lucid moment when I thought "CM will issue a patch this week....probably tomorrow" 🙂

You can guess the next thought.

Edited by steviejay69