F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Patch 1.08 | Patch Notes

4 minutes ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

What new bugs?

It was "I wonder what breaks with the patch?" 🙂 Ye of little faith.

36 minutes ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

@BarryBL

Is this PC too? Says consoles.

And absolutely no “various other unspecified fixes”?

probably ignore me, I saw 1.08 and thought this was a today patch. Didn’t realise it was and oldish post

but then you mention DLSS and graphic cards which makes me think this is PC

@TeenierNeilb69, it is a patch issued today, just I add the Patch Notes a little earlier so I can get the announcement/changes updated to the right list as the list progresses internally.

• Like 1

Thanks for the frequent patches, this has gotten better with every iteration of the game and I sure hope you guys are not done yet. 🙂

I'd like to ask though what your take on multiplayer is as of now.
Is the Team satisfied with the current state/quality of online modes?
Are there any major overhauls/improvements planned for it?

Also, it would be cool if we could arrange for an AmA with the devs. I see a lot of questions popping up and maybe having some guys from the Team answering it would be nice.

Hi @BarryBL

The problem with the yellow color of sponsorships on pilots' clothing in my team mode?  Has anything been done in this patch?

10 minutes ago, Moriano11 said:

Hi @BarryBL

The problem with the yellow color of sponsorships on pilots' clothing in my team mode?  Has anything been done in this patch?

Not in this patch.

23 minutes ago, LSKone said:

Thanks for the frequent patches, this has gotten better with every iteration of the game and I sure hope you guys are not done yet. 🙂

I'd like to ask though what your take on multiplayer is as of now.
Is the Team satisfied with the current state/quality of online modes?
Are there any major overhauls/improvements planned for it?

Also, it would be cool if we could arrange for an AmA with the devs. I see a lot of questions popping up and maybe having some guys from the Team answering it would be nice.

The Multiplayer experience is something we are looking at updating and improving in the patch/game cycle. However, details, unfortunately, are TBC at this time. 

I can try @LSKone to arrange something like this, but it might be difficult given time and workloads.

• Thanks 2

Any word on G923 support?  I'm having an awful time trying to get this thing to work with this game on PC.  Thanks

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kyllin said:

Any word on G923 support?  I'm having an awful time trying to get this thing to work with this game on PC.  Thanks

Would have thought this would be simple enough given that GHub is the common software driver for that and G29/G920

Wanna post your dxdiag? @Kyllin

Edited by steviejay69

I can get it to steer (although it stopped twice in the middle of races) but it is extremely light and just doesn't give the proper feedback with the rumbles.  I have messed with all the calibration settings and nothing fixes it.  It feels nothing like my G920 even though I copied the same settings.  My feeling is that if the wheel is not directly supported in the game, you will never get the correct feedback.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Kyllin said:

I can get it to steer (although it stopped twice in the middle of races) but it is extremely light and just doesn't give the proper feedback with the rumbles.  I have messed with all the calibration settings and nothing fixes it.  It feels nothing like my G920 even though I copied the same settings.  My feeling is that if the wheel is not directly supported in the game, you will never get the correct feedback.

Just please post a dxdiag. It helps me to understand the requirement as I don't have the device. It's harder to offer advice when there is no feedback.

And copying the G920 settings wouldn't be necessarily a good thing. It's a G923, I've read about it.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1

When are you gonna fix My Team mode not loading on Xbox One? Loads and crashes to Xbox desktop. Been like this for ages. 4 seasons in but haven’t been able to play this mode for nearly a month. Pre ordered this too. 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, pinmanf1 said:

When are you gonna fix My Team mode not loading on Xbox One? Loads and crashes to Xbox desktop. Been like this for ages. 4 seasons in but haven’t been able to play this mode for nearly a month. Pre ordered this too. 

You did over 3 seasons in the first 14 days or so? Anyway, have you posted a full bug report in the relevant section?

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I installed patch 1.08 today on Ps4 and played 1 Grand Prix today. And i think unfortunately the 'New Stratety in MFD' bug is back. Or maybe its a new bug(?) The race started with rain and progressed into dry conditions. 

Edited by Markovl
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Fair Comment. However, users who mod don't have to gain approval of FOM and their various stakeholders, the drivers and the teams. They are also variants of builds that are added to the games 'at the users risk'. We have to stress test updates, ensure that all parties are happy with our changes (as you can imagine with F1, this will take time) and implement them. If stakeholders disagree, it can hold things up.

Modders are users who can take something and change it to their desires. Our updates are official and have the 'red-tape' to go with that.

If updates are official does it mean we will not see certain team is going to be artificially boosted so that various stakeholders are happy with it, meaning it is solely their decision on how a certain team should perform in the game?

9 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

If updates are official does it mean we will not see certain team is going to be artificially boosted so that various stakeholders are happy with it, meaning it is solely their decision on how a certain team should perform in the game?

Then Team B would be very unhappy with it as it will be portrayed as being inferior to Team A when it clearly is not.

These things sort themselves out, I believe. There were performance updates in the past, weren't there? Same procedure, as this step is a contractual obligation and not a gracious and generous courtesy from Codemasters to the teams. Or Team A.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sergey_blackbird said:

I'm pretty confident that the new updates have to mostly signed off by FOM, but, there's still a lot of stakeholders in place here. Will get absolute confirmation on this topic once I have it (have messaged the appropriate people). Was more to illustrate that the time a mod can invest into change a game vs the time needed to change the game by the studio has a lot of variables and is a difficult comparison to make.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeenierNeilb69 said:

Pretty stable so far

Played one weekend in MyTeam so far (practice programs, quali and race) and was stable and flawless. Seems to be a good update. 

49 minutes ago, BorislavAndonov said:

And Safety Car and Virtual Safety Car when they will be patched? May be before Christmas or after New Year.

We’ve been waiting since 2017 ish.  Won’t be fixed and robust till next gen I’d bet.

• Agree 1

So no fixes at all for 

1. Acclaim being reset to 1 in Mycareer which renders the mode useless. 

2. Random safety car and vsc glitch one after the other 

10 minutes ago, C0DEmASTerS said:

1. Acclaim being reset to 1 in Mycareer which renders the mode useless. 

You only posted this bug 20 hours ago, so it would have been just a tad optimistic to have expected it to have been fixed in 1.08...

Posted (edited)

Was the handling or assists touched at all?

Also, my FPS skyrocketed with DLSS on, went up about 20 FPS on my ultrawide. Doesn't even look worse IMO. Good job.

Edited by Ryne

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

You only posted this bug 20 hours ago, so it would have been just a tad optimistic to have expected it to have been fixed in 1.08...

Yeah incorrect there mate. 

Ive posted this report atleast 2/3 times before, well before the 1.08 patch. Ive posted it again 20hrs ago because ive received literally zero response to any of my previous ones

And considering its a game breaking issue you'd think id get an answer