Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | 1.15 PATCH NOW LIVE Read more... ×

any contact between two cars behind the SC gives both cars a 5 second penalty

Hi, 

We've been having an issue in our multiplayer league where if there's the slightest bit of contact between any cars behind the SC, both cars get a 5 second penalty for a severe collision. While the obvious solution is "don't make contact behind the SC", it seems really unfair if you get into a situation like the below where the leader had a lapped car behind him, the lapped car taps the back of the leader and they both get a 5 second penalty. I can see why the car behind might get one, but the car ahead's done nothing wrong and been penalised, and in this instance lost the race because of it. 

I've also had a similar issue offline where a car overtook me behind the SC (that's an issue in itself but never mind for now), we skimmed wheels and I got a 5 second penalty. 

1. See above

2. PS4

3. 1.07, but it's happened in all versions of F1 2020
4. Multiplayer, although I have had similar in My Team
5. Has happened several times. To replicate, make contact with another car behind the SC
6. None - only option would be to turn off the SC
7. Various - in the video above, the driver in front was on a wheel, driver behind a pad
8. Please see above 

• Agree 7

this is a huge problem. you even get a penalty if you only get very close to the other vehicle without touching it

• Agree 3

The obvious answer here is: give more control to online racing communities in lobby settings.

Edited by Costa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Costa said:

The obvious answer here is: give more control to online racing communities in lobby settings.

Yes agree with this.

+1

I'm surprised theres not more reports of this. The car in front often gets a penalty in race conditions aswell, I've had a couple of warnings and penalties for the name of the car behind hitting me in single player mode also. But I experienced this SC issue the other day online. Car behind didn't even touch me as far as I was aware, just driving around under SC and I got a penalty for hitting him. 

Edited by cmch15

Quick bump for this. It is slightly alarming there are quite a number of safety car bug posts which don't appear to have received any attention/been moved to  "with Devs" or "more info" status, yet a post for a small hole in the barriers at Spa was "with Devs" within hours of it being posted. 🤔

On 8/28/2020 at 8:31 AM, cmch15 said:

Quick bump for this. It is slightly alarming there are quite a number of safety car bug posts which don't appear to have received any attention/been moved to  "with Devs" or "more info" status, yet a post for a small hole in the barriers at Spa was "with Devs" within hours of it being posted. 🤔

Codies don't care about their online league racing community.

• Like 1

Hi,

This is a huge issue for league racing, because you can give the driver in front of you small bumps till he get disqualified without being able to do anything about it. The person behind me got bumped, that's the reason he bumped me, which resulted in a penalty for me. That's unfair and the game shouldn't give the person in front penalties except if he is trying to "brake check", but you can't really know if that's the case. Sometimes you need to brake hard and this will result in another unfair penalty, the drivers should maintain a gap to the driver in front.

Please add options to turn off (harsh) penalties during the safety car.

• Agree 1

The safety car is a mess.

5 sec penalties for no reason.

It vanishes and appears behind you, bumps you then DSQ you.

Doesnt allow people to overtake when they need to, 4 cars can go past etc then the other 16 and held behind a lap down.

50% chance that if the SC comes out your frame rate will drop by half.

On 9/4/2020 at 2:53 PM, iHax0r said:

Hi,

This is a huge issue for league racing, because you can give the driver in front of you small bumps till he get disqualified without being able to do anything about it. The person behind me got bumped, that's the reason he bumped me, which resulted in a penalty for me. That's unfair and the game shouldn't give the person in front penalties except if he is trying to "brake check", but you can't really know if that's the case. Sometimes you need to brake hard and this will result in another unfair penalty, the drivers should maintain a gap to the driver in front.

Please add options to turn off (harsh) penalties during the safety car.

Thats awesome, a penalty for being rammed. Really need that hole in the barrier at Spa fixed first though. Fortunately that ones in progress "with devs". 

• Agree 1