Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... √ó

DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series - 2020 Season

Recommended Posts

On 8/25/2020 at 5:46 AM, PJTierney said:

Quick check, can everyone see the World Series tab in-game now?

 

They should do since Qualifiers are live.

I already have Steam confirmation, checking Xbox and PS4.

I have the World Series tab in-game on Xbox.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1:05

What do you think about that?? 

For me is not fair ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to almost any response :classic_angry:, cheats the majority of riders on the first places World Series?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cheat? Absolutely not. There's no auto reset zone, so it's fair game. Ugly and risky, but fair. Would've been different if it was a hole in the auto reset zones that could be exploited. 

Some cuts in Poland are what I would consider exploits, but that's about it. Remember, until WRC made rules that at least one wheel was to be on the road drivers did some really dodgy cuts at places, at times simply skipping the road and driving on the side of it.

Edited by Dytut
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was fine... but it couldn't happen in real life! haha

Certainly suspension damaging, car flying corner... but in saying that I watched some footage from USA stages of this game and there were some great cuts!

I'd love to be able to push more knowing I wouldn't get reset and a penalty... too if I go wayyyyy off the road and know I can turn around and head back on the actual stage rather then reset and a penalty! It's not that great ūüė쬆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 12:23 PM, Dytut said:

Cheat? Absolutely not. There's no auto reset zone, so it's fair game. Ugly and risky, but fair. Would've been different if it was a hole in the auto reset zones that could be exploited. 

Same policy as last season; if a line is legal in the game, use it.

For the 2020 season we looked to select Stages that have as few "cuttable" areas as possible, which is why Poland isn't on the calendar this time, for example. Some Stages, like this one have minor things like this, but nothing that'll gain you 5+ seconds like the famous "Polish potato field".

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like this world series even when I only get 4:05.8 in week one but to be honest I have done it without a training of the car and track. So I get a new car and that's ok for me :classic_biggrin: It's a nice add on to the dailys and weeklys.

For sure some will try very hard and will try to find the shortest way using each unsportsman cuts. But that's the way if you could win prizes, each time it goes this way.

Edited by Peter Mathen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierney apologies if i missed it somewhere, but is the overall cumulative time or points per stage? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dytut said:

@PJTierney apologies if i missed it somewhere, but is the overall cumulative time or points per stage? 

Cumulative time.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Some Stages, like this one have minor things like this, but nothing that'll gain you 5+ seconds like the famous "Polish potato field".

What¬†is the famous potato field? If it's the one in Kopina that one doesn't even save a full second and this NZ one saves way more than that¬†ūüėē¬†If it was Czarny Las¬†then ye, that was quite an off-track festival with one driver exploring for half of sector 4 if I recall correctly ūüėÖ¬†Nice to hear you've taken this into account! Using these things is not something most top drivers like but it is almost required. The stages picked barely have any of them though which is nice so again thanks for doing that! A personal downside is that this probably caused 3 stages in Spain haha

 

EDIT://Speaking of cuts. Holjes seems to be broken and it seems the PS4 guy is legit according to the rules. Cutting half the track can be classified as a major problem I reckon. And Holjes will appear again in 2 months time.

Edited by Maxiemwagenaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to know what I can do if my round 3 time never posted. My vr headset crashed b4 I could hit continue to register my time and now I can't go back in the qualifiers and my time doesn't display in the top left corner. Not that I was going to win this thing but I was kind of curious to see if I could finish in the top 500...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RacingJunkie76 said:

Would like to know what I can do if my round 3 time never posted. My vr headset crashed b4 I could hit continue to register my time and now I can't go back in the qualifiers and my time doesn't display in the top left corner. Not that I was going to win this thing but I was kind of curious to see if I could finish in the top 500...

I believe there are no do-overs, so a technical issue counts as a retirement ūüė쬆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the track stage degradation work in these Championships?  Is this the same for everbody in the championships? Can it be switched off?

You're 04:34.465 is a good time!  So how is it possible that someone can get a 04:19.068 with this different, more difficult surface degradation in this championship mode?

Can this more difficult track surface be practised on? Or is it only Time Trial smooth surface?  

 

Edited by stein11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stein11 said:

How does the track stage degradation work in these Championships?  Is this the same for everbody in the championships? Can it be switched off?

It is the same for everybody.

6 hours ago, stein11 said:

You're 04:34.465 is a good time!

It is Jon Armstrong's time driven in Time Trial in perfect conditions (currently 106th place as of writing with cross-platform leaderboards enabled).
I'm sure he can drive much faster in the Kadett, and even faster in the Escort. Was probably just a quick run for the video.
He is just a tenth faster than me currently, and he is much better than me.

6 hours ago, stein11 said:

So how is it possible that someone can get a 04:19.068 with this different, more difficult surface degradation in this championship mode?

Because they are aliens. I'm sure of it.

6 hours ago, stein11 said:

Can this more difficult track surface be practised on? Or is it only Time Trial smooth surface?  

In Time Trial you can only run in perfect conditions, but you can do a custom championship and choose the degradation level as you wish.
But I don't know wich level of degradation this championship run is on.
None, low (Time Trial conditions), medium, high and max are the options I think.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 12:17 PM, PJTierney said:

Same policy as last season; if a line is legal in the game, use it.

For the 2020 season we looked to select Stages that have as few "cuttable" areas as possible, which is why Poland isn't on the calendar this time, for example. Some Stages, like this one have minor things like this, but nothing that'll gain you 5+ seconds like the famous "Polish potato field".

Would have been better if you actually took the time to fix the "cuttable" areas.

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand.. I drove 4.41 in practice (free run time trial) and in real World series run got time 4.50. I spinned out, because of low grip and I also felt that gear ratio was not the same.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but is cars always in 'stock' setup in time trial? And can it be considered that car is in same setup in World series stage?

I just can't believe that 4.19 time is possibile, if you can't practice exactly the same setup and surface degradation.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emp9u said:

Maybe this is a stupid question, but is cars always in 'stock' setup in time trial?

No. You can use setups in Time Trial.

2 hours ago, emp9u said:

And can it be considered that car is in same setup in World series stage?

No. In World Series qualifier it's always stock. No setups allowed.

2 hours ago, emp9u said:

I just can't believe that 4.19 time is possibile, if you can't practice exactly the same setup and surface degradation.. 

I explained it just two posts above yours...
Yes, you can practice in all conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×