Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Hi, can anybody explain me a difference between these two graphs

Or is it just u bug

I'm thinking that "Progress history" is without reliability, because I'm last in reliability and mostly second in every other department

1.png

2.png

From what I understand, the first graph shows your car's/team's actual on track performance (race results). I have no idea what the numbers on the left mean though.

It’s graph shows recent R&D performance gains Canada to Italy. 
2nd graph shows overall performance for the current season. 
no bug here. 

1 hour ago, PorcsheRevs said:

It’s graph shows recent R&D performance gains Canada to Italy. 
2nd graph shows overall performance for the current season. 
no bug here. 

That doesn't seem to fit with the numerical scales on the two graphs though? If the first graph was just showing gains (changes) then I'd expect all of the numbers to be a lot lower, and start at zero.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

That doesn't seem to fit with the numerical scales on the two graphs though? If the first graph was just showing gains (changes) then I'd expect all of the numbers to be a lot lower, and start at zero.

No it’s an estimate of where Karl thinks teams are with recent performance upgrades relative to the current point in the season. 
97254320-47CC-4897-8085-AD2510E3E254.thumb.png.f3bb5dd2a8b45938afc138d3e12dc4af.png
Karl’s email explains the Mercedes gains an estimate of 40 points on the performance index between Canada and Monza. The Ferrari gains an estimate of 20 performance points. 

7429E9C5-ACEF-4981-9981-DB3F45D5AAD3.thumb.png.6e76ec1de43cd561a46e90599d0801d0.png

Graph 2 matches almost perfectly with the overall graph above when you look at the same period. So Karl’s estimates were reasonably accurate. 

Karl also estimates the Williams has no upgrades between Canada and GB but then gains an estimate of approx 40 points before Monza. However Graph 2 indicates that Williams actual upgrade was more around 20 points between GB and the Italian Grand Prix so his estimate was a little off. He was right about no upgrades between Canada and GB though. 
His email does state that it’s an estimate. 

Ultimately the emails from Karl are exactly what the email says. A rough idea of who’s been upgrading the most over the recent race weekends.

Edited by PorcsheRevs
Not sure why font size changed. Mobile.

You've rather changed your argument their @PorcsheRevs :classic_smile:.

If you're right and the discrepancies just boil down to the difference between Karl estimating and the game giving absolute values then that just means what Karl says is completely pointless. This doesn't of course mean that you're wrong :classic_biggrin:.

• Agree 1

On 8/19/2020 at 10:04 PM, CameronB said:

Its actually showing the performance graph from Monaco  

After comparing these two graphs i´m pretty sure that the graph in Carls message is actually showing the progress history graph from the beginning of the season till Monaco (with the wrong flags under the graph) and not the graph from Canada to Italy.

The flags in Carls message are: Canada= season start, Austria=Australia, Great Britain=Vietnam, Hungary=China, Belgium=Netherlands, Italy=Monaco).

This would also match with the numbers on the left: Mercedes started the season at 710 and got around 750 at Monaco, BMW started the season at 560 and got 660 at Monaco, Red Bull started around 670 and got around 680 at Monaco, Racing Point started around 660 and got to 700 at Monaco, Ferrari started around 680 and got to 700 at Monaco, McLaren started around 620 and got to 650 at Monaco, Alpha Tauri started around 600 and got around 650 at Monaco, Renault started around 610 and got around 650 at Monaco, Alfa Romeo started below 600 and got around 650 at Monaco, Haas started around 580 and got to 620 at Monaco, Williams started around 530 and got around 580 at Monaco.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

We had this discussion just today at the Chat forum.

I'm not willing to pinch and zoom ad infinitum on mobile right now to check, but if @Davidj7077 is right on his reading then the mystery is over, pals. Bug indeed.

As I said on the other thread, I even did a quick search here in the forums and on reddit.com/r/f1game for "performance chart email", framing it from June 2019 to 1st of July 2020 to see if anyone picked up on this inconsistency on F1 2019, but found none.

It could be that no one spotted it in the lifespan of the 2019 game or that I wasn't competent enough on my Search Fu, but I find it unlikely. At least I remotely remember finding these emails useful on F1 2019 because they're were kind of a zoomed in version of the big chart.

If that's the case it's probably an easy fix of correcting the data points.

@Davidj7077 Is completely right, Carl is showing part of the graph from first 5 races, so this is a bug where Carl is useless. It's not a game breaking bug, but I was rly confused. If it is hard to fix, don't fix it in 2020 focus on another bugs.

Thank you @Davidj7077

@BarryBL

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

From time to time you recieve mails from Carl that are supposed to show the R&D progress during the last five races. But instead the graph is always showing the development from the beginning of the season till the fifth race. (The lines simply do not match the flags and results)

• Platform

PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?

Myteam

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes

• How do you make the problem happen?

By simply playing till i get a new message from carl after about five to six races.

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Closing and reloading does not fix the issue.

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 controller (Dualshock 4)

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

The graph is supposed to show the progess from Austria to Singapore. Instead they are showing the progress from the start of the season till Spain. (Austria=season start, Great Britain=Bahrain, Hungary=Vietnam, Belgium=China, Italy=Netherlands, Singapore=Spain)1982626060_F12020_20200909015206-FEGraph.thumb.jpg.a46361dd9b5decd4dfdb04e3e6490dd4.jpg643547628_F12020_20200909015219-FEGraph.thumb.jpg.b7bb76c16b0f1fc89b1af8a404e94faf.jpg

Now the graph is supposed to show the progress from Singapore to Brazil, but it is still showing the progress from the start of the season till Spain. (Singapore=season start, Russia=Bahrain, Japan=Vietnam, USA=China, Mexico=Netherlands, Brazil=Spain)

641739121_F12020_20200928004927-FEGraphFehlerbearb..thumb.jpg.6bd929db0b4b2314441ef98221efed7a.jpg1465112536_F12020_20200928004956-FEGraphFehler_bear..thumb.jpg.24f580934d8152d61eaf987c6b3067af.jpg

Some more screenshots can be found in the first threads of this topic.

Edited by Davidj7077

Thanks for the reports everyone, especially @Davidj7077

Have moved it over to the testing team to look at, as I don't have a save with enough progression. Will update when possible.

Quick update here,

Test completed internally and replicated. Now with developers pending a fix. Thanks for the report everyone.

• Thanks 1