F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Changing Corporate Sponsor?

I'm curious if its even possible to change the primary sponsor in this game? I've had the same one since the first season, and was hoping to change it now to one with better rewards at the end of the season, rather than the one I chose at the start for simply finishing a season. Is this even possible, and how? 

It's hidden pretty well! (easy to miss) At the end of the season, you get shown a screen with the car, and a few icons below.  One of the icons is to change the engine supplier, one of the icons is to change the primary sponsor.  If you just click 'Continue' past it, you're stuck for another year with both of those.

Do your reliability and power train upgrades reset if you change engine supplier?

6 hours ago, Flash42G said:

It's hidden pretty well! (easy to miss) At the end of the season, you get shown a screen with the car, and a few icons below.  One of the icons is to change the engine supplier, one of the icons is to change the primary sponsor.  If you just click 'Continue' past it, you're stuck for another year with both of those.

Thank you for that. I know the screen you are talking about so will take a closer look at it once this season ends. 

it is like you start a "new" myTeam season, you can adjust everything you did when you started your first one

Do your reliability and power train upgrades reset if you change engine supplier?

that is a good question, can someone answer?

44 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

it is like you start a "new" myTeam season, you can adjust everything you did when you started your first one

that is a good question, can someone answer?

No they don't, however your engine performance will decrease/increase depending on what engine you select for new season

13 hours ago, vitch said:

No necessarily if you just change suppliers.  However, I just had regulation changes hit Aero, Engine and Durability at the end of season 3.  At the start of season 3 all engines were basically maxed out at 99-97.  I decided to change engines for season 4 & due to the engine regulation changes I noticed all options were back down in the 80's for power and durability.  So the reg changes can be a bit reset to engine suppliers as well.  Something to keep an eye on if you get engine regulation changes may be a good time for a supplier swap too.