F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Tyre strategy midrace

f120

Ps4

Just got screwed on Monaco when my pit put me onto the same compound on a 1 stop strategy effectively forcing me into a second pit as to not get disqualified.

How do I adjust pit strategy or the tyre compound midrace or view the upcoming tyre.

I'm not technically advanced and am new to this game, in other words text like you're texting to a 5 year old and what is this "mfd" that everyone keeps texting about. 

Come to think of it, has codemasters created a comprehensive instruction manual of all the tiny things like telling jeff to shut up during practice while I'm adjusting the set up but not while on track.

You can press your radio button and then say “set softs/ mediums/ hards/intermediates or wets” anytime before your next stop and they will change your strategy. You can also change it in the MFD but saying it is easier

MFD (multi-function display) is the bit at the bottom right (by default) that shows gear, speed etc but importantly has bits that pop out of the top for other functions if you press the square button (for radio messages) or circle (to give you info on car status and to adjust fuel mix, brake balance and diff.)

On the second or so MFD screen you have the Pit menu and there you can both check and change your tyre compounds. I don't use it much but if I remember correctly you can even check your pit window (the laps you're expected to go in for a stop).

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, marioho said:

On the second or so MFD screen you have the Pit menu and there you can both check and change your tyre compounds. I don't use it much but if I remember correctly you can even check your pit window (the laps you're expected to go in for a stop).

Exactly, and you have your new expected position expected as well. Telling Jeff about next tires set is indeed easier.

• Agree 1

Don't forget you can set your pit strategy before rhe race, and select which tyres at that point, as well as your pit lap. 

Something similar happened to me yesterday in Austria. All of us were on Softs then it started raining on lap 58 and Jeff suggested a new strategy. He suggested to come into the pits and put on another set of Softs despite the track being slippery so I changed to the Intermidiate as my next pit tyre. He tried to screw me over too. Unfortunately the AI were also screwed and put on another set of Softs only for them to pit again 1 lap later for Inters, gifting me the win.