F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Bad AI in Singapore?

I’ve just completed a 50% race in Singapore on My Team and around 10 drivers at different points during the race would ram into me just before T13 over the bridge. This also happened in Practice and Qualy. Maybe I’m braking too early but on the replays it just looks like they lose stability and grip and slide into the back of me. I ended up finishing 5th with my team mate 3rd (who’s never scored a point upto now). 

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Yes very much so. Happened in qualifying at Singapore with Lance Stroll and it was me who got the penalty! 

During the race both Ferrari's broke their wings as well. 

I don't know if it is exactly the same way because I haven't played in Singapore yet, but from your description, something similar happens in an Abu Dhabi curve.  AI always comes crazy and hits the back.

1 hour ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

Yes very much so. Happened in qualifying at Singapore with Lance Stroll and it was me who got the penalty! 

During the race both Ferrari's broke their wings as well. 

1 hour ago, caiocrq said:

I don't know if it is exactly the same way because I haven't played in Singapore yet, but from your description, something similar happens in an Abu Dhabi curve.  AI always comes crazy and hits the back.

Thanks, nice to know it’s not just me then.

Posted (edited)

And also the tight downhill left hander midlap in Bahrain (bring back corner names, not numbers!). 

It's like the AI doesn't recognise a car is there. The odd thing is I'm not even particularly slow around these corners, the AI just don't slow down in time. 

Edited by rocojuanclarkus

23 minutes ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

And also the tight downhill left hander midlap in Bahrain (bring back corner names, not numbers!). 

It's like the AI doesn't recognise a car is there. The odd thing is I'm not even particularly slow around these corners, the AI just don't slow down in time. 

Yeah I get what you mean, it’s like they drive their own line and don’t care whether your car is there or not.

I mean, it does this in straights, sometimes. The AI really needs to be a bit more aware of what is going on in front of it. In that regard we need the 2019 AI back. You could pretty much brake check them and nothing would happen.