F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Ai v ai are a step backwards

5 hours ago, Aef251 said:

Verstappen pitted with 4 laps to go for soft tyres and a nose cone. Came out 2 seconds behind a very slow Williams on old hards in Spain. Did not make it past despite setting fast lap.

Not sure what happened because I did not watch the replay of the race, but it seems a little strange.

Possibly Verstappen's front wing got damaged by trying to overtake? It would be a pretty major mistake to have damaged this on any of the barriers around Barcenlona circuit.

Driving with a damaged front wing in a track like that is like trying to evacuate with your buttocks plugged.

Naturally I'm not talking from experience but just exercising my imagination. 

3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Possibly Verstappen's front wing got damaged by trying to overtake? It would be a pretty major mistake to have damaged this on any of the barriers around Barcenlona circuit.

most likely but since he pitted I assume they fixed his wing and since he was fast enough after the stop to set fast lap he should have been able to take the Williams

Just sat behind Verstappen for 6 laps at Hungary while he couldn’t get past a Williams. Do me a favour.

ai v ai is terrible in f12020. I’ve seen far too many long trains so far. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Aef251 said:

most likely but since he pitted I assume they fixed his wing and since he was fast enough after the stop to set fast lap he should have been able to take the Williams

Yes but part of the argument of this thread was AI not being aggressive enough in going for overtakes on each other whereas your example is actually probably a counter-example. Unless the damage occurred battling you?

12 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Yes but part of the argument of this thread was AI not being aggressive enough in going for overtakes on each other whereas your example is actually probably a counter-example. Unless the damage occurred battling you?

Point is that after pitting with what I assume is now a repaired car and fresh tyres, and the pace to set fast lap, he then was stuck behind a slower car despite getting to DRS range.

1 minute ago, Aef251 said:

Point is that after pitting with what I assume is now a repaired car and fresh tyres, and the pace to set fast lap, he then was stuck behind a slower car despite getting to DRS range.

And my point is that there are two relevant points from your anecdote, not just one :classic_smile:.