Jump to content Jump to content

G29 wheel settings question


BurnieBD

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I play on PS4, with a logitech G29 wheel. Making turns in F1 is impossible. I have tried a couple of settings i found online, but non of them seem to work for me.

Can someone share their settings with me? or have any other tips.

Thank you so much
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 1:06 AM, BurnieBD said:

Hi everyone,

I play on PS4, with a logitech G29 wheel. Making turns in F1 is impossible. I have tried a couple of settings i found online, but non of them seem to work for me.

Can someone share their settings with me? or have any other tips.

Thank you so much
 

Try increasing the sensitivity of the wheel in the game settings. Change your view to cockpit view and make sure that the virtual steering wheel turns the same amount as your G29 wheel. When I first started up the game with my G29, I had to turn my steering wheel about 900deg. to get full lock in the game. I increased the sensitivity and now I only turn my wheel about 200deg. to get full lock (similar to what the virtual wheel does). Hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JimmFandango said:

Try increasing the sensitivity of the wheel in the game settings. Change your view to cockpit view and make sure that the virtual steering wheel turns the same amount as your G29 wheel. When I first started up the game with my G29, I had to turn my steering wheel about 900deg. to get full lock in the game. I increased the sensitivity and now I only turn my wheel about 200deg. to get full lock (similar to what the virtual wheel does). Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for responding @JimmFandango can you show me where i should change those settings? i can't seem to find the wheel sensitivity. Or maybe show me a screenshot of your settings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BurnieBD said:

Thanks very much for responding @JimmFandango can you show me where i should change those settings? i can't seem to find the wheel sensitivity. Or maybe show me a screenshot of your settings. 

@BurnieBD Sorry, I believe the setting you want to increase is called "Steering Saturation". It's in the in-game controls options where you find "controls scheme - calibration - vibration & forcefeedback - MFD shortcuts"....it's under the "calibration" menu. I'm on PC but I believe it's the same menu on PS4. I'm not in front of my home computer or I would take a screen shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 10/10/2020 at 3:43 AM, MDelaney20 said:

Oh, ****.  I just ordered a G29 for my PS F1.  Are others having this same issue?

 

No, drove with it for years. The wheel is fine if you set your in-game steering wheel rotation correctly. What's correct is up to you, but I highly doubt it's the 900 degrees the wheel can offer. Try something like 270-360. I'd strongly recommend toning down the on-track and off-track effects on the wheel settings, at least if you like to do long sessions and wish to have your wrists fully functional afterwards.

If anything it's the pedals that are the problem, or one pedal in particular. I'm sure you'll find out which soon enough..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, janbonator said:

No, drove with it for years. The wheel is fine if you set your in-game steering wheel rotation correctly. What's correct is up to you, but I highly doubt it's the 900 degrees the wheel can offer. Try something like 270-360. I'd strongly recommend toning down the on-track and off-track effects on the wheel settings, at least if you like to do long sessions and wish to have your wrists fully functional afterwards.

If anything it's the pedals that are the problem, or one pedal in particular. I'm sure you'll find out which soon enough..

Well the FFB in this game is pretty broken. Have just tried this game recently and i'm disappointed.

I'm a big fan of Dirt Rally 1/2 and PC2. I'm used to their FFB that give every information you need. When you loose adherence, you know it, you can clearly find the breaking steering point in those games.

In F1 2020, you feel nothing. Just the wheel is hard to turn and that's all. You don't feel anything when you loose adherence or when you take it back... it's terrible.

Not to mention that you can't turn at all as stated above. I have a real problem to turn in hard corners... even at low speed (30 km/h) the car doesn't turn properly lol... never happened in any other game. Played Formula A in PC2 and it turns perfectly... Not to mention that PC2 physics is near perfection as AC...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...