F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Hard tyres in qualy

Last year we had the ability of choosing hard tyre selection so we could use hard tyres in qualy can we have this option back at all??

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Agreed this would be good to have again as at the moment like Ryan has said there is no option to use yards during qually.

also you could add the reserved race tyres to be allowed as you can use them in real life Due to them being part of the tyre allocation for the whole weekend

Edited by dansmotorsport

It would be great if you had the option to fully choose your compounds (of course a minimal of 1 from each compound) in stead of the three choices you have now. And then being able to use all of them without some being reserved. Then you need to give back 2 sets after the practise sessions and have all the remaining compounds available in quily, so you can maybe do 2 medium runs in qualy and safe a set of softs for q3 or the race.

Posted (edited)

I think that a set of mediums and a set of hards is locked, because otherwise it would be technically possible to damage all mediums and hards in qualifying (very easy e.g. in Monaco). In that case it would be pointless to drive the race, you would be DSQed in the last lap because you can not use a second compound. Or you can damage every set of tyres so you cannot start at all.

Or it would be possible to damage so many tyres that it would be impossible to get over the distance.

Edit: I would also like to be able to use the medium tyre in qualifying. But the hard tyre is too slow in my opinion - i do always avoid them during the race, so i don´t know why you want to drive the hards in qualifying.

Edited by Davidj7077

3 minutes ago, Davidj7077 said:

I think that a set of mediums and a set of hards is locked, because otherwise it would be technically possible to damage all mediums and hards in qualifying (very easy e.g. in Monaco). In that case it would be pointless to drive the race, because you would be DSQed in the last lap because you can not use a second compound. Or you can damage every set of tyres so you cannot start at all.

Or it would be possible to damage so many tyres that it would be impossible to get over the distance.

Edit: I would also like to be able to use the medium tyre in qualifying. But the hard tyre is too slow in my opinion, so i don´t know why you want to drive the hards in qualifying.

I think it needs to be our own responsibility, we need to have more freedom in tire choices and usage. E.g. if you decide to go for the softest allocation you're not able to use the mediums in qualy. Maybe they can lock 1 set of mediums/hards or choose yourself if you lock 1 of them or both or none at all, but then at least have the option that all the other compounds are open to use in fp, so if you want to use a set of sofas extra in stead of a set of mediums in fp you should be able to do so, that way you can go with softer compounds but have some freedom of using mediums or even hards (even though they are to slow and cant do what verstappen did in silverstone) in qualy. 

Hope it clear 😅

10 hours ago, Olavstar said:

I think it needs to be our own responsibility, we need to have more freedom in tire choices and usage. E.g. if you decide to go for the softest allocation you're not able to use the mediums in qualy. Maybe they can lock 1 set of mediums/hards or choose yourself if you lock 1 of them or both or none at all, but then at least have the option that all the other compounds are open to use in fp, so if you want to use a set of sofas extra in stead of a set of mediums in fp you should be able to do so, that way you can go with softer compounds but have some freedom of using mediums or even hards (even though they are to slow and cant do what verstappen did in silverstone) in qualy. 

Hope it clear 😅

Thats understandable.

And since I´m usually using the softer allocation, I´d sometimes like to use the mediums. But I assume that for CM it is more important that the experts which are damaging their tyres can attempt a race than giving other players the full freedom of chosing their tyres. Especially because its nearly impossible to set a good time with hards if a good balanced AI difficulty is chosen.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:50 AM, Davidj7077 said:

Thats understandable.

And since I´m usually using the softer allocation, I´d sometimes like to use the mediums. But I assume that for CM it is more important that the experts which are damaging their tyres can attempt a race than giving other players the full freedom of chosing their tyres. Especially because its nearly impossible to set a good time with hards if a good balanced AI difficulty is chosen. 

Sure, but if in "Local Gaming" you balance everything with AI, is not so in online gaming.

If in a League, in Q2, I'd be in a situation when I can qualify to Q3 with hardest tyre and, so, I can use a very different strategies during the race being in the first 10 why I've prevented to have an Hard + Soft/Medium Strategies?
In the F12019 i usually carried with me the hard tyre in private leagues for two reasons: Have 2 train (in italian is Treno, I don't know in english) of hard tyres, or qualify in Q2 using them if the sitation allows it

Edited by DoctorTeuz