Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[PC][Multiplayer League] Getting stuck at the "waiting for players" screen – (20/20)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

IA drivers do not give a second lap attempt on Q1 and Q2. Only a few drivers try.
The main drivers remain with only 1 lap per qualifying session.
In Q3 it is normal, two attempts each.

2.       Platform

Xbox One

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode?

Grand Prix, Career Mode, My Team

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

No

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Gamepad

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

No

• Disagree 1

@Gladystonff It's not a bug, just what would happen in real life.

While in Q1, if you managed to achieve a top time, among the top five, for example, you don't need to take another attempt - your time will take you through to Q2 anyway. Same goes for Q2 itself - if you're solidly within the top ten, you'd be stupid to try and improve your time. In these days of limited engine components, putting unnecessary stress on these components isn't what you should do. Preserve the engine components, that's the smart way. That's exactly what most of the top drivers do. You'll rarely see Lewis Hamilton do more than one attempt during Q1, neither in this game nor in real life.

The same cannot be said about those who aren't "safe" yet, whose time might not be fast enough to make it through into the next qualifying session. Those need to do another attempt. And they do.

And then there's two more groups of people. First we have those who think they're safe, but they're not. They should do another attempt, but they chose to gamble instead. The fourth and final group of people tried to do another attempt at the last possible second, only to find out they crossed the finish line after the clock had run down, so they cannot do another timed lap.

All this I've seen in these F1 games, all these things happen, and they also happen in real life. Like I said, not a bug.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, ostendorfjens said:

@Gladystonff Não é um bug, apenas o que aconteceria na vida real.

Já no primeiro trimestre, se você conseguiu um melhor tempo, entre os cinco primeiros, por exemplo, não precisa fazer outra tentativa - seu tempo irá levá-lo até o segundo trimestre de qualquer maneira. O mesmo vale para o segundo trimestre - se você estiver solidamente entre os dez primeiros, seria estúpido se tentasse melhorar seu tempo. Nestes dias de poucos componentes do motor, colocar pressão desnecessária nesses componentes não é o que você deve fazer. Preserve os componentes do motor, essa é a maneira inteligente. Isso é exatamente o que a maioria dos principais pilotos faz. Você raramente verá Lewis Hamilton fazer mais de uma tentativa durante o primeiro trimestre, nem neste jogo nem na vida real.

O mesmo não pode ser dito sobre aqueles que ainda não estão "seguros", cujo tempo pode não ser rápido o suficiente para passar para a próxima sessão de qualificação. Esses precisam fazer outra tentativa. E eles fazem.

E então há mais dois grupos de pessoas. Primeiro temos aqueles que pensam que estão seguros, mas não estão. Eles deveriam fazer outra tentativa, mas preferiram jogar. O quarto e último grupo de pessoas tentou fazer outra tentativa no último segundo possível, apenas para descobrir que cruzou a linha de chegada após o término do relógio, portanto, eles não podem fazer outra volta cronometrada.

Tudo isso eu vi nesses jogos de F1, todas essas coisas acontecem e também acontecem na vida real. Como eu disse, não é um bug.

You are mistaken, in real life even Mercedes made two attempts, even in Q1, that would never get away.

• Disagree 1

Funny. Whenever I get to see a Formula One qualifying session, there always are quite a lot of drivers who don't do two attempts in Q1 and Q2. Some do, even those who are sure to go through to the next session, but there always are quite a lot of drivers who think that conserving their engine/tyres is a much smarter thing to do. Maybe you came across a few examples where drivers like Hamilton and Bottas did two attempts in Q1, but they surely don't always do so.

Believe what you want, but I'm telling you, this is not a bug!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ostendorfjens said:

Funny. Whenever I get to see a Formula One qualifying session, there always are quite a lot of drivers who don't do two attempts in Q1 and Q2. Some do, even those who are sure to go through to the next session, but there always are quite a lot of drivers who think that conserving their engine/tyres is a much smarter thing to do. Maybe you came across a few examples where drivers like Hamilton and Bottas did two attempts in Q1, but they surely don't always do so.

Believe what you want, but I'm telling you, this is not a bug!

See the number of laps for each driver below, only in Q1. In the two great prizes in Great Britain.

Screenshot_20200814-115515_1.png

Screenshot_20200814-115753_1.png

• Disagree 1

Are you really trying to squabble over details here? You are missing the point completely!

This is not about whether drivers take two attempts each time! (Verstappen didn't, for example, nor did Leclerc, according to your own sources!) This is about whether it is a bug or not. All I'm trying to tell you that it isn't. It happens in real life, it happens in the game. Just because drivers can make two attempts in the given time doesn't mean they need to.

If you really insist on claiming that it is a bug, I can't help you. And the guys and girls at Codemasters certainly won't be able to help you either. So if you're really waiting for a reply from them, you'll probably be waiting for a long time ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ostendorfjens said:

Are you really trying to squabble over details here? You are missing the point completely!

This is not about whether drivers take two attempts each time! (Verstappen didn't, for example, nor did Leclerc, according to your own sources!) This is about whether it is a bug or not. All I'm trying to tell you that it isn't. It happens in real life, it happens in the game. Just because drivers can make two attempts in the given time doesn't mean they need to.

If you really insist on claiming that it is a bug, I can't help you. And the guys and girls at Codemasters certainly won't be able to help you either. So if you're really waiting for a reply from them, you'll probably be waiting for a long time ...

This same bug was fixed in F1 2018, Patch 1.13

Screenshot_20200814-182225_1.png

• Disagree 1

You cannot compare the two cases. The bug they fixed back then, that was due to the fact that even when drivers weren't yet through to the next qualifying session, they'd still not do another attempt at improving their lap time. This is not the case here! Here, they go out as long as they aren't through, but once they are, they stay in the pits, which is perfectly reasonable, as every F1 expert would be able to explain to you!

Besides, I'm not the one you need to convince here! You need to convince the guys and girls at Codemasters, and I can promise you this: You will have a VERY HARD TIME doing so.

And that, as far as I'm concerned, ends this discussion!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ostendorfjens said:

You cannot compare the two cases. The bug they fixed back then, that was due to the fact that even when drivers weren't yet through to the next qualifying session, they'd still not do another attempt at improving their lap time. This is not the case here! Here, they go out as long as they aren't through, but once they are, they stay in the pits, which is perfectly reasonable, as every F1 expert would be able to explain to you!

Besides, I'm not the one you need to convince here! You need to convince the guys and girls at Codemasters, and I can promise you this: You will have a VERY HARD TIME doing so.

And that, as far as I'm concerned, ends this discussion!

It’s a good thing that you don’t decide. ✌🏽

• Disagree 2

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

AI drivers are not giving a second try on Q1 and Q2.

Today racing in Bahrain, I saw Ricciardo being eliminated in Q1, Verstappen and Leclerc being eliminated in Q2, and Bottas staying in 10th, both of them took just one lap at the start of the session and did not attempt a hot second lap.

This happens in all races, Australia, China, Vietnam, the Netherlands, Spain ......

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode?
Career mode

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
Several times

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
Nothing.

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
Gamepad

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
No

@BarryBL

Edited by Proracer20
  • Like 1

This happens to me too, I have already observed McLaren, Racing Point not attempting a hot second lap, and ended up being eliminated in Q1.

It would be good to post with the report a screenshot with the result screen and the tyre sets.

Allright guys, lets cool down for a bit and wait what @BarryBL has to say about this. I will close the report regarding this since that's not what the report section is for. There is plenty of room here to discuss it in a proper mature way.

• Agree 2

I have experienced this also. Drivers in midfield teams who aren't safe yet, don't do a second attempt. When the top three teams won't make another run, I can understand but all the other drivers can't afford this luxury. Therefore I do think it's some kind of bug. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, GenerationRL22 said:

I have experienced this also. Drivers in midfield teams who aren't safe yet, don't do a second attempt. When the top three teams won't make another run, I can understand but all the other drivers can't afford this luxury. Therefore I do think it's some kind of bug. 

Exactly, it doesn't make sense for McLaren not to try a hot second lap, and finish Q1 in 15th, a situation I saw yesterday.

10 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Allright guys, lets cool down for a bit and wait what @BarryBL has to say about this. I will close the report regarding this since that's not what the report section is for. There is plenty of room here to discuss it in a proper mature way.

How it works, I'm new here.  Does he answer this topic?

He will look into the matter, maybe relay it to the devs. Be patient, I'm following this thread too but not in the position to forward it to the devs.

• Agree 1

The same thing happens to me, I've seen Verstappen and Leclerc being eliminated in Q2.  Racing Point and McLaren eliminated in Q1.  In F1 2019 this did not happen, regardless of having a good time, everyone should have a second try.

@BarryBL @1512marcel

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 8/16/2020 at 11:49 PM, RS Phil said:

It would be good to post with the report a screenshot with the result screen and the tyre sets.

This happens here too. See the images below.

Most of the drivers only took one lap, and Charles Leclerc was eliminated in Q1.

@RS Phil   @BarryBL

IMG_20200905_211935669_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200905_212000822.jpg

And, I believe this would happen in real life as well, so it doesn’t seem like a bug to me. After all, they were late enough to miss their second hot laps despite being near the cut when they needed to go out again. Granted, that may be what you’re reporting, but the topic’s title relates to the above portion of this post.