F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Lighting Positivity

There's a lot I love about these games, but especially since 2019 the lighting has been so gorgeous to look at. 

And it's not even the most elaborate form of it

Ef9KXcRXoAANPoM.thumb.jpg.a55af1fc44dbbda822fe854edd212498.jpg

I don't know if it's actually easy to pick up from a photo but they've done such a good job with just basic cloud cover lighting that with the fans going (as it's roasting hot here) really gives a fresh, 'at the track' feel when you're driving. 

Maybe it's all in my head, or can't be captured on just a screenshot, but with all the negativity we see on here daily, I just wanted to give a shout out to that feeling I get when driving in these conditions that brings such a small joy to me! 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

There are many instances of "oooh this is nice" that we don't often get to talk about. Like how cute is the team interaction while I wait to be wheeled to the garage:

Edit: come to think of it, there's a slight bug in the video! @BarryBL the RPM should be varying slightly when the engine is idling while I wait to get into the box, just like it varies when the car is stopped while the crew do their job.

Jeezus this is so tiny and inconsequential that I somehow feel bad about posting a bug report haha

Edited by marioho
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, marioho said:

There are many instances of "oooh this is nice" that we don't often get to talk about. Like how cute is the team interaction while I wait to be wheeled to the garage:

Never noticed that before!

The entire pit experience from the stops to the garage loadouts, even when compared to a lot other racers this gen, is so detailed and smooth, as an oldie gamer it's very cool and what we imagined back in the day. I especially enjoy if I look back when on the way out of the pits I can see the team packing all their stuff up and going back in, and other teams doing the same. 

Fantastic attention to details. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, marioho said:

Edit: come to think of it, there's a slight bug in the video! @BarryBL the RPM should be varying slightly when the engine is idling while I wait to get into the box, just like it varies when the car is stopped while the crew do their job.

Jeezus this is so tiny and inconsequential that I somehow feel bad about posting a bug report haha

Wow damn this one is great! Never thought I would've seen the best animation in this game from such a rare occasion (double stacking in practice). We need more, MORE of these lively little details in the game😆!

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, marioho said:

I love how they're like "oh **** the boss is coming hurry up!"

• Haha 3