GRID the most underrated car game

metallica any one ?
Sad but true....mwahahhahaaaaa

i have a sudden case of dairy queen banana split fever !

Edited by OugaBooga

On 9/4/2020 at 1:57 PM, OugaBooga said:

minetti, you are a very aggressive fan boi

good job, you deserve split scream

...meanwhile at cm headquarters

CM community managers: '' why that minetti guy is continuously tagging us on the forum ?"

dev team: '' uuhhm we think he asking for that split thing''

CM community managers: ''what thing ?''

dev team:'' dunno, he posted a video about banana something... must be a BANANA SPLIT !!''

CM community managers: '' right doh !!''

:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin: 

• Haha 1

one day after at codemasters blog - the proude Codemasters announce the GRiD Monkey Ball DLC, including the touring bananas group racing

Tra la la tra la la la
Tra la la tra la la la

One banana two banana three banana four
All bananas make a split so do many more
Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
Come along to bring you the banana split-screen

Edited by minetti

7 hours ago, minetti said:

one day after at codemasters blog - the proude Codemasters announce the GRiD Monkey Ball DLC, including the touring bananas group racing

Tra la la tra la la la
Tra la la tra la la la

One banana two banana three banana four
All bananas make a split so do many more
Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
Come along to bring you the banana split-screen

the music is EXCELLENT, Must commend you for it cause i love it.

is she the best singer for the rest of the musicians ? i won't say but i FELT this song !

..you beat me up with this 1 minetti !

if you want me to be hurtful i CAN & WILL............"if" i want to.

Don't hide your background, be PROUD to be a pollock
i kept thinking you're some  "wop"............lol i'll be sens soured for that my comment.

Anyhow, i NOW totally understand you & your push for recognition................NP dude & the rest of "dying" community hear you, just stop SCREAMING bananas !

we ALL have issues !

I think if you visit Bologna Florence Siena Ferrara once, you will stop thinking in stereotypes like wop

I agree Grid 2019 is a fantastic arcade racer, and it has improved so much since launch.

• Agree 1

All we need is season four with new tracks that they, after all, only transplant from Autosport, just like most of the content.

Also, they should add the promised split-screen because it's a game changer sell breaker option.

Cool if they unlock possibility to run multiclass races because now the choice of cars in free race option is very limited - need "all cars" option in free race.

Statistics section is for improvement. It doesn't remember the settings you are looking for. It doesn't visualize car groups or tracks and it's very clunky to use it. People love stats imho

@BRICKS44 will you help us claim the split screen?

Edited by minetti

3 hours ago, minetti said:

All we need is season four with new tracks that they, after all, only transplant from Autosport, just like most of the content.

Also, they should add the promised split-screen because it's a game changer sell breaker option.

Cool if they unlock possibility to run multiclass races because now the choice of cars in free race option is very limited - need "all cars" option in free race.

Statistics section is for improvement. It doesn't remember the settings you are looking for. It doesn't visualize car groups or tracks and it's very clunky to use it. People love stats imho

will you help us claim the split screen?

ho.jpg

You are still into the ''motivated and hopeful'' phase.

As soon as you realize some few fact about this company you will join the ''screw all'' club.

Good waiting for all that feature adding to the game... :classic_biggrin:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

minetti, what has more effort ?  season 4 or split screen ?

if they won't do split screen then why would they do a season 4.

Personally i would like a season 4-6 but they didn't give much "value" to those that paid extra for ultimate / season pass buyers.

it's You regular greed 2019 owners that got the best out of it.

i will load up greed 2019 in a bit, have the itch for some arcadey action, lost interest in this game after season 1.

P.S. i agree with your 3 stages FlashStealth minetti will be at phase 3 soon enuff, he just can't see it "yet" !

i wonder what stage the PC3 community is at right now.

i will get the pc3 when i see grid 2019 type sale prices..............

Edited by OugaBooga
funky cold modina
  • Agree 1

minetti, You just Love Boonana splits !

Admit it & then we can be done with it ending up as friends.

You try to Hard for a lost case, Have a sense of humor in the process yoooooooooo !

Edited by OugaBooga
itty bitty .............fill in the gap, plastic surgeons do

@FlashStealth

Translation:

1. A new person who hasn't heard much of the game yet, and has plenty of time to decide. They can be swayed either way.
  2. A person who likes the game and enjoys it, even in the face of criticism. They mostly remain silent and hide the fact that they enjoy this game.
  3. A person who hates the fact that people are still enjoying this game, and will be very toxic to anyone who disagrees. This is NOT a valid way to dislike the game.

I am a person who thinks this game can be improved, and I am basically playing Devils Advocate. I understand why you are angry, but when you call the game dead when it STILL has people playing it, then you need to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "What have I done?"

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, CordedQuill42 said:

@FlashStealth

Translation:

1. A new person who hasn't heard much of the game yet, and has plenty of time to decide. They can be swayed either way.
  2. A person who likes the game and enjoys it, even in the face of criticism. They mostly remain silent and hide the fact that they enjoy this game.
  3. A person who hates the fact that people are still enjoying this game, and will be very toxic to anyone who disagrees. This is NOT a valid way to dislike the game.

I am a person who thinks this game can be improved, and I am basically playing Devils Advocate. I understand why you are angry, but when you call the game dead when it STILL has people playing it, then you need to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "What have I done?"

i call the game dead meanwhile 3 or 4 people are still playing it ?? ahahaha of course you are right, i should shut down their pc first !! LOL

you cannot be serious, is that a new horizon of trolling or what ?? LOL :classic_biggrin:

@CordedQuill42

It is exactly as you write. In addition, according to gamestat, the game is still selling and has a good eturning players ratio. It just had a wrong campaign preparing the community for something completely different and the day one edition was heavily cuted but Codies. I still hear opinions that now, after all the seasons, the content looks much better. The decision to abandon this game after less than a year and these unfulfilled promises like a split-screen is a picture of current CM politics - quick sale effect only 😕

I am late to the party because I thought reviews and people are right. Bought it recently for the test and I love it. It's so good and I don't understand why it got so much bad reviews. OK, I got fixed version but current state is very good for me as a gamer. Many ppl say arcade racer but it's not, I love the physics there. I just completed all base races and continue with the seasons. So good game...

59 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

I am late to the party because I thought reviews and people are right. Bought it recently for the test and I love it. It's so good and I don't understand why it got so much bad reviews. OK, I got fixed version but current state is very good for me as a gamer. Many ppl say arcade racer but it's not, I love the physics there. I just completed all base races and continue with the seasons. So good game...

The game had the potential to be a real 2019 version of the grid racedriver. Try read some of the long reviews on steam, there are a lot of people explaining the details.

Can be a good racing game and enjoyable for some hours of fun in single player, and for few money (under 10eur). If this is the goal, i would rate it positively too.

People who loved the brand and the first grid knows exactly what is missing. And people who bought on pre-order the limited uber edition for 80eur was simply scammed.

3 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

The game had the potential to be a real 2019 version of the grid racedriver. Try read some of the long reviews on steam, there are a lot of people explaining the details.

Can be a good racing game and enjoyable for some hours of fun in single player, and for few money (under 10eur). If this is the goal, i would rate it positively too.

People who loved the brand and the first grid knows exactly what is missing. And people who bought on pre-order the limited uber edition for 80eur was simply scammed.

I know, I checked a lot of stuff about the game. The problem is it looks like fans wanted too much for the money. Everybody wants more cars, more tracks, more everything but it's not possible now. Why Grand turismo sport went out in that state? It's probably too hard to build a racing game today. It's not 2010.

I could be wrong but it looks like it's not possible to build "complete" game for normal game price. Who knows. I saw a lot of ads in the game and it should be another source of the money?

After all the game has everything for me. What other better choice I have? None. What about fans? Maybe they just wanted too much, I don't know but friend of mine played all Grids and he's very disappointed with the game. I am still not sure what is going on but I loved playing like no other racing game yet. Something there is just right.

1 hour ago, Johnnnn said:

I know, I checked a lot of stuff about the game. The problem is it looks like fans wanted too much for the money. Everybody wants more cars, more tracks, more everything but it's not possible now. Why Grand turismo sport went out in that state? It's probably too hard to build a racing game today. It's not 2010.

I could be wrong but it looks like it's not possible to build "complete" game for normal game price. Who knows. I saw a lot of ads in the game and it should be another source of the money?

After all the game has everything for me. What other better choice I have? None. What about fans? Maybe they just wanted too much, I don't know but friend of mine played all Grids and he's very disappointed with the game. I am still not sure what is going on but I loved playing like no other racing game yet. Something there is just right.

we never asked the perfection or a complete game... people asked to put inside into this so called GRID what was the usual GRID fun. People asked for demolition derby ? They made it into that stupid pointless skirmish waiting room. And many other examples, like AI cars inside multiplayer just to show up Alonso named car (at the price to ruin the whole online experience) and many other nonsense like that. (is a very long list).

Is all about marketing nowdays, and don't talk about money, they are not a no-profit company ! There is always a better choice and it starts with leave game like that on the shelf.

They should have never called this game Grid 2019, same as PC3 shouldn't be named like that.

By doing that they raised certain expectations especially with the people who played the original Grid.

And they failed to deliver that, so people are telling them that.

Content: It is just to little for that price, minumum al the 3 seasons should have been in the base game from start.

Also Grid was known for his different disciplines, you cant leave that out of the game and still call it Grid then.

And no people are not expecting to much as there are more games with 3x the content grid has

Online: only playlists filled with AI and cheatmode (flashbacks)

Really not attracting me and many others with me to go play online.

Yes they added lobbies later but by then it was to late also they forgot alot of settings people like to have in it like no collisions for example

Graphics not to 2020 standard but there is enough said about that.

For me the perfect Grid game should be with all the modes and damage and and how online works from original Grid, All the tracks and cars from Grid autosport and the handling from grid 2019.  :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Yeah, calling it Grid could be problematic. My main problem is I haven't played any Grid before 😄 Call it some sort of reboot should be fine but communication from teams to fans is very bad these days. I don't know what is problem with that. If they are not open, not many people will buy new products next time.

PC3 is different but the name is very misleading. I think I will like PC3 because PC2 was OK and 3 should be similar (in many ways) on a gamepad. But I won't support not fixed games. For wheel users, it's a different story.

18 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

And no people are not expecting to much as there are more games with 3x the content grid has

What games? We have bigger GTS, Motorsports and Horizons. Every game could be nonprofitable because it's not the point for them. They are mostly system sellers. What other games? PC2 was more expensive for bigger content.

And now I understand more what is "wrong" with it. And bad communication didn't help at all. Sometimes it looks like CM teams are 5 people only. But their games are great in many ways, it needs some polishing and better communication (the blog is great idea and I use it a lot).

PC3 AND Dirt 5 has more content then I had for the pre-order ultimate edition for example.

Grid 2 and autosport has more content. 

14 hours ago, Assiemodis said:

PC3 AND Dirt 5 has more content then I had for the pre-order ultimate edition for example.

Grid 2 and autosport has more content. 

PC3 costs more and PC2 has the same content so you paid twice for it. Dirt 5 is not out and is more expensive and you can use older assets from Dirt/Dirt rally.

Grid 2 and Autosport are last-gen game, it was easier to build game assets before.

I don't have a problem to say Grid was overpriced but I don't see any competition. Who can do it better and cheaper? I have around 40 hours in it already and still it's not boring at all so the price is OK from that perspective.

8 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

PC3 costs more and PC2 has the same content so you paid twice for it. Dirt 5 is not out and is more expensive and you can use older assets from Dirt/Dirt rally.

Grid 2 and Autosport are last-gen game, it was easier to build game assets before.

I don't have a problem to say Grid was overpriced but I don't see any competition. Who can do it better and cheaper? I have around 40 hours in it already and still it's not boring at all so the price is OK from that perspective.

Check day1 and preorder cost of grid2019 ultimate... $79.99 (LOL)

Grid 2 and Autosport are more next gen than grid2019, except trees and instagram sunglare filter and blur of course.  

Better and cheaper ? Any competition ? Buy grid1 for $5, is better and cheaper, specially for you since you never played it before.  

41 minutes ago, FlashStealth said:

Check day1 and preorder cost of grid2019 ultimate... $79.99 (LOL)

Grid 2 and Autosport are more next gen than grid2019, except trees and instagram sunglare filter and blur of course.  

Better and cheaper ? Any competition ? Buy grid1 for $5, is better and cheaper, specially for you since you never played it before.  

Exactly, it's fine. Horizon is HUGE and costs $99 or something. PC3 is not huge and is even more expensive. It's PC2 again from content (cars/tracks) perspective.

Grid 2 and Autosport is 720p (and 30 FPS, I guess) and Grid is dynamic 4K with 60 FPS. I can see the difference 😄 I don't think they used 4K assets before.

720p and 30 FPS, that's the problem for me 😄 I know, some people play on PC but it was good 20 years ago, not now when almost nobody cares about PC players.

3 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

PC3 is not huge and is even more expensive.

What are you talking about?

Project car 3 base game is 60 euro's on steam same as the price was for grid2019 when it was released, and it is bigger then grid2019.

Dirt5 isn't released but it wil have more content then grid and base game wil be 60 euro's aswell.

And I have no doubt that on console all new games has the same price for a base game

3 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

. Horizon is HUGE and costs $99 or something.

Yeah the ulitmate version is

Edited by Assiemodis