Wish list for F1 2021

Posted (edited)

F1 2020 is a very exciting game for me. But i have some ideas for the future game F1 2021.

1.For 'My Team' career mode,F1 Drivers can also create their own team. For example, Lewis Hamilton creates his own team call 'Hamilton GP'.
2.Should add national anthem for podium wins
3.Adding F3 cars would be a great idea
4.Former F1 Drivers can also return to the sport.For example, 'Nico rosberg replacing Kimi Raikkonen for Alpha Romeo'.

5.Adding classic tracks would be a great idea like Jerez or Sepang.

6.For classic cars, why not add 2011-2014 F1 cars in F1 2021

7.For 'My Team' career mode, why not add more choices of engine supplier like BMW engine, Lamborghini engine, etc

8.Why not add Martin Brundle's voice for the Commentator with David Croft's voice for realism/

9.Add more Scenarios for Gameplay.

10.Make the engine sounds as realistic as possible because currently im not satisfied with 2018-2020 Car engine like Honda engine sounds, Mercedes engine sounds,etc

11.Why not add Well known people in the game like Rowan Atkinson representing Mclaren.

12.It would be a good idea when driving to the grid manually during formation lap instead the game take over the car.

13.Add more car Failure like Suspension Failure, Brake Failure,etc.And maybe add more random failure frequently to the player instead to the AI.It will be annoying when u have a failure during gameplay. But it will be abit interesting and challenging for the player.

That's all for now.I will add more stuff in this topic. I hope Codemasters will read this

Goodbye.

Edited by AnomalyXD

Posted (edited)

Just a few improvements  on My Team this year would be nice or an announcement from them that they are not going to add to My Team and only continue to patch their game would be even better. It is the only reason I got back into F1 games (2017,16,14,12 >> 2019,2020) and it is a bit of a let down. They don't even need to overhaul just make a few improvements. Here are some ideas for free and not even original.

My Team Free Agency and Contracts

• PLEASE FIX the contract negotiations. I saved up money for LeClerc after the first season, I signed him, only to lose him midway into my second season because I didn't upgrade my facility without any heads up. Then he sits in free agency until the end of the season. Also happened with other drives (Checo and Kimi). What a waste of time! It really makes a player want to fully stop playing.
    • Show what the drivers require so I am not guessing and wasting time later. (That graph on driver comparison is useless BTW).
    • Push back contract negotiations to the very end of the season so it gives me time to upgrade my facility after finding out what they want.
    • Why is Verstappen so hard to sign despite meeting all his needs? Can I get a reason why a driver declines me when all items are fullfilled?
    • Drivers retire before I can even reach what they want. Seb, Ricciardo retired when I finally met their wants...prompting me to fully simulate a season in order for it to happen again...yeah f this game and game mode.
    • Can I sign a driver for more than 11 races at a time? LeClerc just signed until 2024. Add a contract clause like facilities  at tier 2 by 12 races or R&D is tree is not 60% completed, too many failed components. (eff I had 8+ components fail in a season I'd leave my own team).
    • I just won the constructor championship and this driver in a struggling team doesn't want to sign because I finished 6th the season prior and not 5th. But my team just won the WCC this year!!!
  • More free agent drivers. Don't limit me to a small group of drivers when starting a team. Just give me the full list. I want to start with Mick Schumacher instead I have to exit the game in order for this to randomize again. They should also have team affiliates and should be the ones to replace retiring/moving drivers. Ex. Kimi retires, a Ferrari Junior driver like Mick replaces him.
    • Bottas usually leaves for Alfa, can we just move Russell over to Mercedes instead he moves up to a another bottom team.
    • Also some players never move, ex. Ocon I have testd at least 20+ My Teams and have not seen him move once.
    • Oh look first female F1 driver, that would get a lot of media coverage. Can we somehow add this in as an extra acclaim.
    • Stroll/Perez leaves. Let me offer them a seat for some of that sponsor/legacy money.
    • Red Bull Racing juniors replace Red bull racers only unless they are struggling in the top 3.
  • Probably not possible due to license issues but put all drivers with a Super License available as a free agent, ex. Hulkenberg.
  • Can I just be an owner and not an owner and driver. So I can sign two of the best drivers and have them fight compete for the title?
  •  Allow my created driver  to retire and be replaced with a different created driver and the old drivers stats is archived.

Customization

• Please fix the sponsor decals. It is a waste of time to have to go back and re apply decals when renewing a sponsor. I only add my main sponsor and that is it.
  • Fix the color picker. OMG it is so hard to accurately choose a color when using a console. How about you just let met use a mouse/kb on console so I can at least make incremental movements on the bar.

OSD/Stats

• Allow player to display last lap time. Or give an option to display 3-5 previous lap times. I'd like to see if I'm consistent and if I can keep with the other drivers.
  • Let user display lap time of driver in front and back to show what they are lapping. I know I can ask but I don't have a kinect. I have enough mental bandwidth to cycle through but it can't be done for every track.
  • Allow user to change descending/ascending order of lap times. (Sorry if this is already possible).
  • Allow users to view full results of past races.
  • Save pole results much like previous season results.

Extras

• I know you guys worked hard on your cut scenes but will you please allow us players to skip Will and go directly to the questions. Both Career and My Team mode, that opening interview in Career is cringy.
  • Let me pick my rival like in 2019. Why would I want to risk my small acclaim to try and beat Vettel just because I qualified in the front row. It is also a wasted question for Claire.
  • The questions are not very well implemented. Create a chemistry bar between teammates, rivals, fans and the team depending on how I answer a question. and show 'Jeff/Teammate did not like that'
  • So a kinect is still required to fully immerse myself to this game to talk to my race engineer?

EDIT: Probably not possible but create a budget cap for later seasons or add it as a regulation change.

- Create a Dream mode, much like career or My Team where the player can either use a draft, manually move players, or a random roster to start season a My Team career.

Edited by micahlitt
Grammar, and addtion.

I would like to add

Finance

- I have a full season to operate. Let me go in the red and if not I either shut down or sell assets. That wind tunnel, gone, back to using air hoses.

- That F1 2020 Simulator,  gone!. Back to using a game pad and console.

Gameplay

- How do I stop Jeff from 'mansplaining' how to do a practice program every time. Like yo' this is my 150th time doing this, shut up already!

- If all I wanted to do was drive/race I could have chosen another game for that. The gameplay & racing is good but the supporting modes are...bland. Career mode didn't move the needle at all this year seems like a direct import from last season.

Marketing

- What's the point? I was able to fully fill all R&D trees without upgrading my Marketing acclaim percentage tier.

Race Weekend

- Can I simulate a full weekend without having to load UI's? Just give me the option to either enter the race weekend screen or simulate the whole weekend and show me the results. Yes, I know this isn't 2k and seasons aren't as long as the NBA or other sports but the load screens make it seem longer.

Extremely important:

1. Saved full race replays (like were in EA Sports F1 games). It's very important in Online championships;

2. TV graphics (especially it is important for streaming races as a spectator);

3. Manual pits and parking to start position at formation lap. Lap from pits to starting place before formation lap;

4. AI making mistakes (spins, crashes...);

Important:

5. Reference as better as possible.

6. More realistic car damage;

7. To be able to ask engineer where you will get out if you will pit at this lap and how busy track you will have;

8. Better menu at practice and qualifying (to be able to check lap times, top speed);

9. Weather from wet to dry changes too quickly; Too many wet races;

10. AI level recommendation after the races in Carrer mode (it's important for new players, then you don't know 50...70...90 to choose);

11. Team pit place moved to other place by klast year result (like in real F1);

12. Update team / driver performance with game updates;

13. To be able to race medium/hard tyres in TT or 5 laps race;

14. Team members on the podium have champage now. Need to be solved;

15. Bottom to save all information about the race into text file after race;

16. Don't change gearbox mode racing at SC time (with AG), leave more space to car ahead;

17. Terminal technical problems (as to AI drivers). With possibility to turn off at menu.

Edited by Horn
  • Agree 1

It would be great if you had a training program where you drive 3 fast laps and the strength of the opponent adjusts to it

On 8/23/2020 at 4:26 PM, AnomalyXD said:

F1 2020 is a very exciting game for me. But i have some ideas for the future game F1 2021.

1.For 'My Team' career mode,F1 Drivers can also create their own team. For example, Lewis Hamilton creates his own team call 'Hamilton GP'.
2.Should add national anthem for podium wins
3.Adding F3 cars would be a great idea
4.Former F1 Drivers can also return to the sport.For example, 'Nico rosberg replacing Kimi Raikkonen for Alpha Romeo'.

5.Adding classic tracks would be a great idea like Jerez or Sepang.

6.For classic cars, why not add 2011-2014 F1 cars in F1 2021

7.For 'My Team' career mode, why not add more choices of engine supplier like BMW engine, Lamborghini engine, etc

8.Why not add Martin Brundle's voice for the Commentator with David Croft's voice for realism/

9.Add more Scenarios for Gameplay.

10.Make the engine sounds as realistic as possible because currently im not satisfied with 2018-2020 Car engine like Honda engine sounds, Mercedes engine sounds,etc

11.Why not add Well known people in the game like Rowan Atkinson representing Mclaren.

12.It would be a good idea when driving to the grid manually during formation lap instead the game take over the car.

13.Add more car Failure like Suspension Failure, Brake Failure,etc.And maybe add more random failure frequently to the player instead to the AI.It will be annoying when u have a failure during gameplay. But it will be abit interesting and challenging for the player.

That's all for now.I will add more stuff in this topic. I hope Codemasters will read this

Goodbye.

I'm already of what 2011-14 classic cars they should add

2011 Red Bull Racing RB7

2012 Lotus E20

2014 Mercedes AMG WO4

You get the idea