F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Multiplayer car v equal performance car v grand Prix car

Hi. I am wondering if there's a real performance difference between the cars. In Grand Prix I am much faster in the Mercedes than I am in the equal performance car during multiplayer lobbies and then the multiplayer car is even slower. Can anyone officially state what the performance difference is between these cars? I thought the equal performance cars are based on the Mercedes, but this doesn't seem to be true when comparing times between them.

The multiplayer car is the Mercedes. That was confirmed on this forum.

If i were to take a guess its probably something unrelated like the track state you are provided which differs when the race starts.  

I have a clarification on this. After driving the Mercedes and the multiplayer car in time trial, it felt like they could achieve similar lap times, but the multiplayer car is a lot easier to drive. It seemes less prone to sliding compared to the Mercedes.  Anyone feeling the same? I have tried searching for confirmation that the multiplayer car is exactly the same as the Mercedes, but with a different livery, but I can’t seem to find that evidence.

Note: I have always driven the Mercedes in GP mode.

For me the MP car feels superior simply because of the driving view. It has the best cockpit out of the entire bunch. I don't think I'll ever touch the Merc again in TT.