Jump to content Jump to content

Pikes Peak in the failed shadows of trees

bokimoto

has it already been discussed, that the sun is in the wrong place in the sky? ... i haven't played it mice elf, yet, but have watched gameplay of the "sunset - clear" setting, and the sun is low in the northeastern sky, which is unusual for evening in the northern hemisphere  ;) ... the afternoon setting places the sun slightly higher, in the er, um, northeastern sky ... now, for their "sunset" view, the only time you'd see the sun there on a timed run, is sunrise on practice days, not race day ... and you'll never find the sun in the northeast, mid-morning, let alone afternoon ... the sunrise drive, i totally dig, they can just relabel it ... the daylight version with the shadows going backwards is just bizarro, and makes me totally lose my orientation . . . . . - i wonder if Codemasters has the capability to fix it in an update?

• 4 months later...
since in real life, there are never cars racing the course at "sunset", they should just change the name of the setting to "Sunrise"

the sun is coming up on the eastern horizon, there, ... and in real life, there are race cars running at sunrise, all three practice days, every year

Archived