F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

How to know you're close to being dropped in Driver Career?

Is there a way to know in 2020, obvious bad results aside?

With Ferrari, got hired at Silverstone, won Belgium and Spa in a 16-race season, got a points finish in Brazil and failed to score in Japan and Abu Dhabi, while Leclerc won one of them. Got sacked at the end of the last race of the year, which seemed harsh and I couldn't tell it was coming that soon. I know it was the end of my contract but aside from my acclaim dropping a little, there wasn't any graphical way to tell that the team were really losing faith in me. You don't even have expected race positions in your contract in 2020.

In previous games there was the team reputation bar which almost empty when you were close to your team dumping you. Is there something I'm missing this year?

Maybe people who have been sacked by their team will have an idea.

I think it is good, if it is like you said. Its way more realistic. Without all this graphic bar etc. a driver feels the pressure, when he does not get the results like the teammate does. This is exactly how it should be. It is better and a lot more immersive when you cannot be sure to have a safe Seat, instead of reading a boring coloured bar, which gives you more Information than its good for.

You do make a good point. Suppose they've gone for a bit of a Helmut Marko approach.

1 hour ago, DonBlanko said:

I think it is good, if it is like you said. Its way more realistic. Without all this graphic bar etc. a driver feels the pressure, when he does not get the results like the teammate does. This is exactly how it should be. It is better and a lot more immersive when you cannot be sure to have a safe Seat, instead of reading a boring coloured bar, which gives you more Information than its good for.

Yeah I agree on this. Not everything needs to be displayed, some things are better left to a level of mystery. 

You know Gasly wasn't looking at a bar when trying to figure out if his time was up at RB, and the pressure was red hot. 

Is getting dumped by your team in driver career something that happens often? Sounds good. My concern with the driver career I have experienced so far is that you can just drive for whichever team you want. I might need to change my career house rules!!!

20 minutes ago, pacers101 said:

Is getting dumped by your team in driver career something that happens often? Sounds good. My concern with the driver career I have experienced so far is that you can just drive for whichever team you want. I might need to change my career house rules!!!

Honestly don't mind this personally as it means I can run it as a season mode and drive for Ferrari for example, but have the season upgrades, interviews, driver moves and just all around presentation that it includes, as compared to bare bones championship mode. 

Now if they'd give us real drivers last names to use so I didn't have to think of something suitably F1 sounding to use I'd be happy.