Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fast laps with Traction Control on medium

I have a race technical question. To experience the challeging handeling I would like to set my Traction Control to Medium.
Than is logically hard too keep the car smooth on track. With TT on full it is easier.

Do you have tips for racing with TT set on medium and achieve competitive times? I play with controller.

I have a race technical question. To experience the challeging handeling I would like to set my Traction Control to Medium.
Than is logically hard too keep the car smooth on track. With TT on full it is easier.

hola said:

Great you treat newbies with respect. He's serious about it and this is no troll at all. Really don't get what's so funny about it.

About the question tho, yeah TT on full might be easier, but I think going with medium in TT is faster once you master it. Just keep practicing. Can't give tips tho, since I'm not playing on a pad...

Thanks ToCGambler.
Good to know that with TT on medium will be potentially faster.
A lot of practicing, but that's no punishment at all!
Any setup tips?

Do you have tips for racing with TT set on medium and achieve competitive times? I play with controller.

Just be gentle on the throttle control. It takes practice once you've taken an aid down a notch or turned it off.
you will get there in time.

Traction control isn't allowed in F1.Its been outlawed for a number of years now.Now just hear me out . . . .With any racing game,it should be easier to be faster without traction control,because you can use the point were the rear tires slightly loose grip to turn,or rotate, the car on throttle coming out of the corner.You don't have to wait on the front tires grip.With traction control you are much slower because your having to wait until the front tires grip before you can turn, on throttle,out of a corner.The more worn the rear tires,the easier it will get.Until they get to worn that is.  

I use a pad as my G25 doesn't work on my PS4:( 
 I turn off all the aids except for automatic transmission, I keep that aid so that I can concentrate on learning how the cars behave without all the others. I have done this with all driving games/sims. It takes longer but I believe I end up with better control and I get more out of the experience.

Great explanation!
So far without TT costs me time due to sliding, correcting the car by turn exit and lack of confidence in my skills so far ;)

What I absolutly like is the greater feel of knowing your car! It a consequent fact to master.
Tomorrow a practice day with Max on Austria.

Please keep on giving tips!

Do you use L2/R2 for brake/throttle? I use R Stick up to accelerate and down to brake, I find it gives me greater control and I can be more smooth and gentle with my inputs which is the key. Just keep practicing and be gentle! 

Practiced a whole weekend, I'm not joking in I say 100+ laps on Austria.
With TT set on medium it's (far) more challeging and the satisfaction bigger after mastering your car in a good lap.

With TT on full, despite on what has been said, lap times are quicker, over 1 second. Also the times are more consistent because with TT on medium there are laps with heavy sliding ;)

It looks like a choice between more challeging or more competitive..
Or can TT on medium be quicker?

Think of having TC on as kinda cheating. Once your tyres are warm and you learn the throttle response you will be faster.

Just try to be smooth with your throttle. If you claim you spin heavily after 100 laps with traction control not even fully disabled, you obviously need to change your driving style.

Smooth on throttle seems slower for me? Later on gas is slower lap times?
Is it in your opinion possible to be gentle with throttle with an controller? RT button as throttle.