F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Where is the performance update?

26 minutes ago, MikavB said:

You can’t deny that on social media Codies won’t win the award for helping their community.

Don’t know about the forum, as I’ve only posted a few times before. 

The only social media I read in relation to F1 2020 is this forum.

27 minutes ago, MikavB said:

I love it how people think people who criticize a certain thing are angry. 
The game could’ve been a lot better and that’s just a fact. 

For me and many others that share that opinion, Codies have had enough tries at making a mostly bug free game but seeing that certain bugs have been around for a very long time I don’t think they can. 

and i share the opinion that its the same people who complain about the same issues year after year and yet still continually buy the game.

You will be familiar with the well known saying of doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

I respectfully point out codemasters f1 games have always had some bugs on every game yet people still buy it despite complaining about it. Which raises the question that perhaps the issues people complain about either aren't actually that bad, or they just like a good moan 😂 

• Agree 1

8 patches in 6 weeks but the game doesn't get updated... Maybe if you spent more time in the bug thread and less time on Twitter you'd see the work that is actually being done. I can't fault any of the CM team for their efforts considering the challenges they have faced to get the game out and working this year due to... you guessed it, COVID.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Rango said:

8 patches in 6 weeks but the game doesn't get updated... Maybe if you spent more time in the bug thread and less time on Twitter you'd see the work that is actually being done. I can't fault any of the CM team for their efforts considering the challenges they have faced to get the game out and working this year due to... you guessed it, COVID.

Psssh don't you know COVID was made up by codemasters so they could take a year off

Edited by KNT2011
  • Haha 7

@Rango don't you dare pop his bobble and spoil the narrative of a disgruntled consumer!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rango said:

What’s the point of reporting bugs? I’ve done 3 since release and each one has been ignored and not a single fix imminent. Developers still getting away with releasing unfinished games. 

All the bugs I reported were either fixed, scheduled for one or turned out to be on my side. 

And you did not need to wait for me or anyone else to come tell you that as the correlation between patch notes entries and threads in the bug reporting forum is high. You just need to peek at the thread titles and see how they match.

Don't know where you're getting at but this picture of "no one hears us" you're painting is objectively unfounded.

Just now, marioho said:

All the bugs I reported were either fixed, scheduled for one or turned out to be on my side. 

And you did not need to wait for me or anyone else to come tell you that as the correlation between patch notes entries and threads in the bug reporting forum is high. You just need to peek at the thread titles and see how they match.

Don't know where you're getting at but this picture of "no one hears us" you're painting is objectively unfounded.

Go and have a look at F1 Game’s latest tweet about 1.08, then look at the replies. Then come back to me about people feeling like they’re being ignored. 

Tweeter, the hallmark of a healthy community.

You're complaining about bug reporting. Would be so kind to keep the convo on this main topic and tell me how I am wrong about patches not correlating with the bugs being reported?

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, MikavB said:

The title sums it up, how long do we need to wait for performance updates that will change Ferrari and their OP engine in-game. Make RP and Mclaren the teams ahead of Ferrari. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the performance update wouldn’t even come at all. As well that the only replies will be because of the covid pandemic but yeah that excuse isn’t going to cut it and you all know that. 

We pay a lot for these games and right now after quite some time post launch we still have a inaccurate, buggy/glitched game that needs a lot of updates yet we don’t get any. 

I get it we can’t get the new tracks on this years game, fully understand (even though I might think it would be achievable) but the performance update always was one that came quick after launch. 

But knowing Codies, this will prob stay unanswered.

It hasn't gone unanswered.  You apparently just choose to ignore the answer.  It's been addressed several times around here, and elsewhere that the performance patch will come once data is available to produce it.  Do you just think they sit around, watch one race and go... Yup!  OK guys, here's the data for the performance update!      The performance patch was always about 2 months after release if I'm not mistaken.  That gives them data from a good sample size to produce something accurate.  They're using real world F1 data from F1 and the teams to put it together, it's not random or based on the opinions at the office.

They've addressed several times that it's coming, and that it's a ways off still until they have enough data.   I'm not even going to address the nonsense of Covid not being a valid excuse; I guess you've been living under a rock, or in someones basement for the last 6 months or so.

No updates... we're on patch 8 right now.  The game was released July 10. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Think AI sliders for cars and drivers would of been a good solution. Just my opinion please nobody hire a hit man to take me out.

12 hours ago, CactusJax90 said:

Go and have a look at F1 Game’s latest tweet about 1.08, then look at the replies. Then come back to me about people feeling like they’re being ignored. 

Twitter is handled by various Community Managers, some of which aren't even working full time on F1. That's why the forums are the official place for technical assistance 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Twitter is handled by various Community Managers, some of which aren't even working full time on F1. That's why the forums are the official place for technical assistance 🙂

Urgh could anyone imagine having part of your job as being solely responsible for dealing with a Twitter account for the F1 game. Seeing some of the abusive comments to codemasters from people who probably lack the ability to make a pot noodle would make you want to spend your day banging your head against the desk.

• Haha 2

I feel online players/leagues have been neglected the game is too buggy. MyTeam is a cool feature but I dont know anyone that actually plays it. Its just too unreliable to go online, sometimes the cars dont even appear.

14 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I feel online players/leagues have been neglected the game is too buggy. MyTeam is a cool feature but I dont know anyone that actually plays it. Its just too unreliable to go online, sometimes the cars dont even appear.

My Team is all I play.   Never touch online.   110% certain I'm not the only one that feels this way.  Online is a disaster.  I suppose leagues would be better since you "control" the field/members.  Not my thing though, never will be.

14 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I strongly suspect more people play My Team than online. I agree with you though that online performance is not getting enough attention.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I dont go near online. All i play is career, and this time my team. I want to enjoy my spare time without some 12 year old getting upset/bored/whatever and ruining my game.

The only time i enjoy multiplayer racing is IRL! and even then it has its... incidents/moments.

Could it be that the online community are so vocal is because they are online?

Edited by dshepsman
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2020 at 2:17 PM, dshepsman said:

I dont go near online. All i play is career, and this time my team. I want to enjoy my spare time without some 12 year old getting upset/bored/whatever and ruining my game.

The only time i enjoy multiplayer racing is IRL! and even then it has its... incidents/moments.

Could it be that the online community are so vocal is because they are online?

Maybe so but after this years covid disaster and all the attention the Virtual GPs and stuff got it made a lot of people want to go online and race their friends. 

I've never seen so many leagues expand or new ones pop up.

Lando being kicked out of the game live on stream was priceless. Allegedly the esports drivers get a different build to the rest of us that is bug free. 

This is kind of wrong seeing as we have all paid our money for a game that should be at least functional, the fact they have a separate build that wont glitch out because thousands of people will be watching is such a kick in the teeth, what about the thousands of people who actually paid money for it. Just as bad for them to see all the glitches first hand than for it to be seen on a twitch stream.

Edited by zZ A M P Aa
Word

6 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

This is kind of wrong seeing as we have all paid our money for a game that should be at least functional, the fact they have a separate build that wont glitch out because thousands of people will be watching is such a kick in the teeth, what about the thousands of people who actually paid money for it. Just as bad for them to see all the glitches first hand than for it to be seen on a twitch stream.

Which is pretty much what makes this theory bonkers.

esports players having an advanced build, i.e. running on 1.09 when we're at 1.08, is a different conversation and a plausible one. The slice of the game they get to play is much thinner and thus much easier to proof test the patch before releasing to the general public.

Now, keeping two different versions of a game is simply bonkers. Makes no sen$e.

Sorry but online is very bad this year, it's like it's not been tested at all. Something different always happens. 

I'm not hating on the game or CM, I love this game. It is just so frustrating that the online community come second to career mode.

32 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

the online community come second to career mode.

I doubt this is actually true but if so, here here. It would be nice if EA would take note. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would like to say something about it now. Unfortunately, I'm also very disappointed with this game. There are a few improvements but also a lot of old things that have just been copied from the 2019 game. Unfortunately also bugs. That's awful. The characters look terrible, the questions have become so stupid. The game 2019 was not bug-free until the realse of the 2020 game. As a buyer, I have the feeling that Codemasters only wants to sell and then unfortunately for the most part leaves its customers in the lurch. You would just have to watch 2 to 3 league races to see how many bugs this game still has and these are really not difficult to find. Mistakes in the safety car, corner cutting, bottle tires fitted, Ki simply takes the wheel. I don't even know where to stop counting. The support is unfortunately one of the worst of a game manufacturer.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, AgentEngelTwitc said:

I would like to say something about it now. Unfortunately, I'm also very disappointed with this game. There are a few improvements but also a lot of old things that have just been copied from the 2019 game. Unfortunately also bugs. That's awful. The characters look terrible, the questions have become so stupid. The game 2019 was not bug-free until the realse of the 2020 game. As a buyer, I have the feeling that Codemasters only wants to sell and then unfortunately for the most part leaves its customers in the lurch. You would just have to watch 2 to 3 league races to see how many bugs this game still has and these are really not difficult to find. Mistakes in the safety car, corner cutting, bottle tires fitted, Ki simply takes the wheel. I don't even know where to stop counting. The support is unfortunately one of the worst of a game manufacturer.

Codemasters only wants to sell... well would you look at this conversation where someone can’t even play the game normally anymore.

Now who where defending Codies in this thread? 

Personally, with that level of bad language and abuse, I suspect they ARE thankful he's uninstalled it. Why would you want someone who does that to be a customer? 

• Agree 3

https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-driver-ratings-update?fbclid=IwAR3wJyAT3ank9wwdWg8K4cTpcAlxkrhQkfn4-NTHsoRm07YelH4P5z79Ukg

We have an update in the drivers... I don’t understand Hamilton’s drop in awareness even though he has spun in qualifying in Silverstone. If we base awareness on only car control, then Hamilton’s 95 was already fine in comparison to Bottas’ 99. If we base awareness in general, then Hamilton probably deserves a 100 if Bottas is 99. Vettel’s pace has been dropped 2 points, which I still find odd considering Leclerc has been maintained at 93.