Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Where is the performance update?

Recommended Posts

The title sums it up, how long do we need to wait for performance updates that will change Ferrari and their OP engine in-game. Make RP and Mclaren the teams ahead of Ferrari. 
 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the performance update wouldn’t even come at all. As well that the only replies will be because of the covid pandemic but yeah that excuse isn’t going to cut it and you all know that. 
 

We pay a lot for these games and right now after quite some time post launch we still have a inaccurate, buggy/glitched game that needs a lot of updates yet we don’t get any. 
 

I get it we can’t get the new tracks on this years game, fully understand (even though I might think it would be achievable) but the performance update always was one that came quick after launch. 
 

But knowing Codies, this will prob stay unanswered.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MikavB said:

The title sums it up, how long do we need to wait for performance updates that will change Ferrari and their OP engine in-game. Make RP and Mclaren the teams ahead of Ferrari. 
 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the performance update wouldn’t even come at all. As well that the only replies will be because of the covid pandemic but yeah that excuse isn’t going to cut it and you all know that. 
 

We pay a lot for these games and right now after quite some time post launch we still have a inaccurate, buggy/glitched game that needs a lot of updates yet we don’t get any. 
 

I get it we can’t get the new tracks on this years game, fully understand (even though I might think it would be achievable) but the performance update always was one that came quick after launch. 
 

But knowing Codies, this will prob stay unanswered.

Codemaster have already addressed this, I believe @BarryBL made a post about it; but I am not scouring the forum to find it. The gist however, is that Codemasters are short on IRL data from the F1 teams due to the late start of the F1 season because of Covid. So its literally a case that we will get the performance update when we get it.

Given how this year has gone, we all need to practice some patience.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Codemaster have already addressed this, I believe @BarryBL made a post about it; but I am not scouring the forum to find it. The gist however, is that Codemasters are short on IRL data from the F1 teams due to the late start of the F1 season because of Covid. So its literally a case that we will get the performance update when we get it.

Given how this year has gone, we all need to practice some patience.

We’ve literally had 6 races? How much data do you need or how much times you need to see to come to the simple conclusion that Ferrari’s engine isn’t the fastest. 
 

And I could’ve bet €1000 on it that someone would say that it is ‘because of covid’... 

 

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MikavB said:

We’ve literally had 6 races? How much data do you need or how much times you need to see to come to the simple conclusion that Ferrari’s engine isn’t the fastest. 
 

And I could’ve bet €1000 on it that someone would say that it is ‘because of covid’... 

 

Compare that to a normal F1 season, in which there would have been about 12 races. Not to mention other potential data. On top of that, there is also the time it takes for that data to be looked at before adding it into the game. Or would you rather Codemaster just rush to impliment bases  on only race visuals and potentially wreck the performance balance even more than it currently is?

And yes, Covid is a very clear and understandable reason why things are moving slower this year with regards to these things. Hell, Codemasters staff are even still working from home, as far as I am aware.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikavB said:

We’ve literally had 6 races? How much data do you need or how much times you need to see to come to the simple conclusion that Ferrari’s engine isn’t the fastest. 
 

And I could’ve bet €1000 on it that someone would say that it is ‘because of covid’... 

 

Obviously someone is going to mention covid because, well, it's caused by covid. You don't need to be a genius to figure that out.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, since you didn't bother:

A 5 pages long discussion on the topic with the staff chiming in. 

Another one, 2 pages long:

Those 1k still on the table? I'll take by wire.

If you care about the matter for real or would be nice (not to say basic and necessary) to catch up on the reasons, put off the attitude and come back with useful feedback instead of just ranting.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MikavB said:

We’ve literally had 6 races? How much data do you need or how much times you need to see to come to the simple conclusion that Ferrari’s engine isn’t the fastest. 
 

And I could’ve bet €1000 on it that someone would say that it is ‘because of covid’... 

 

Stop being a spoilt child. This has been the best F1 game by Codies to date and they have addressed several issues already. 
 

However you clearly want everything instantly. 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they new patch will be here in the next couple weeks. The running order is pretty easy to work out now after 6 races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

I think they new patch will be here in the next couple weeks. The running order is pretty easy to work out now after 6 races.

I think 'easy' is pushing it since there has been variability across those races, which in itself is reason enough for this not to have been rushed by Codemasters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think 'easy' is pushing it since there has been variability across those races, which in itself is reason enough for this not to have been rushed by Codemasters.

I think the variables have come for strategy rather then car performance ie Leclerc one stopping a couple of times and getting a podium and 4th place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MikavB said:

We’ve literally had 6 races? How much data do you need or how much times you need to see to come to the simple conclusion that Ferrari’s engine isn’t the fastest. 
 

And I could’ve bet €1000 on it that someone would say that it is ‘because of covid’... 

 

 

Seriously there are more important things to worry about than some cars being slightly in the wrong order on a game.

I mean what do you want? Hamilton to practically win most races and every championship for realism purposes?  Williams more often than not aren't always trailing around at the back with Alfa miles off the pace, so does that not need to be amended too? 

How about Vettel spinning more times than the tea cups at your local fairground? What about Albon struggling in quali? 

There comes a point where you have to say to yourself just chill out and enjoy the game. It can't be fun being angry all the time.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

I think the variables have come for strategy rather then car performance ie Leclerc one stopping a couple of times and getting a podium and 4th place.

That would be part of my point though - things like this need to be unpicked. I'm not going to check through all details now but I think the picture with from memory McLaren, Renault and Racing Point being more complicated for example.

Mostly my point was that whilst it's tempting to say from afar that this is a simple task for Codemasters but in reality I think it's pretty complicated to try to get right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not just about the performance updates, it's also about bugs, where you let the users do the work and even fill out a form with exact information and it will be ignored and you won't get any information

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hennes8 said:

It's not just about the performance updates, it's also about bugs, where you let the users do the work and even fill out a form with exact information and it will be ignored and you won't get any information

The bugs that have been fixed via this process would suggest otherwise...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

whats all with that impatience?

I see it in my own work, it's the current climate unfortunately. 

Claiming to 'understand' but then dismiss a worldwide pandemic as not enough to prevent them getting what they want instantly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tarrantino said:

Stop being a spoilt child. This has been the best F1 game by Codies to date and they have addressed several issues already. 
 

However you clearly want everything instantly. 

You know as well that the F1 gaming franchise could be so much more! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

It amazes me how some seem to actually get angry about this. 

Oh no, I don’t get one bit angry about this. But this does confirm that for next years edition I’ll at least wait until sale to buy the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIMRACER123 said:

 

Seriously there are more important things to worry about than some cars being slightly in the wrong order on a game.

I mean what do you want? Hamilton to practically win most races and every championship for realism purposes?  Williams more often than not aren't always trailing around at the back with Alfa miles off the pace, so does that not need to be amended too? 

How about Vettel spinning more times than the tea cups at your local fairground? What about Albon struggling in quali? 

There comes a point where you have to say to yourself just chill out and enjoy the game. It can't be fun being angry all the time.

I love it how people think people who criticize a certain thing are angry. 
The game could’ve been a lot better and that’s just a fact. 
 

For me and many others that share that opinion, Codies have had enough tries at making a mostly bug free game but seeing that certain bugs have been around for a very long time I don’t think they can. 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

The bugs that have been fixed via this process would suggest otherwise...

You can’t deny that on social media Codies won’t win the award for helping their community.

Don’t know about the forum, as I’ve only posted a few times before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, marioho said:

Here, since you didn't bother:

A 5 pages long discussion on the topic with the staff chiming in. 

Another one, 2 pages long:

Those 1k still on the table? I'll take by wire.

If you care about the matter for real or would be nice (not to say basic and necessary) to catch up on the reasons, put off the attitude and come back with useful feedback instead of just ranting.

Useful feedback, alright then. Think I will be person Nr. 2570 that will complain about Multiplayer lobbies being glitched out more often then not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate they can’t fix simple bugs that have been there since release. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope for a performance update anytime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CactusJax90 said:

Mate they can’t fix simple bugs that have been there since release. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope for a performance update anytime soon. 

I know, that’s why I installed F1 2019 again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MikavB said:

Oh no, I don’t get one bit angry about this. But this does confirm that for next years edition I’ll at least wait until sale to buy the game 

Then I would encourage you to use rather less angry sounding language when posting because this is absolutely how you came across.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×