Jump to content Jump to content

Anyone feel persecuted by an algorithm?

It may just be paranoia or self inflicted head trauma from smashing my ipad against my head thanks to this game, but am I the only person who ever feels that the game delivers a series of repetitive cycles of game play? This month I had reached 8500 points quite easily thanks to a variety of qualifying, sprint and grid starts. I am now down to 7100 thanks to nothing but grid starts and always starting in second place. From 8500 with the time I have free I may have reached 9999, but now I don't think I'll make it, especially if some algorithm has kicked in to throttle my progress. Does anyone else ever feel that game play is like slot machines with a run of wins offset by a run of losses to keep the win/lose ratio at a set rate?

Yes but not sure if it’s an algorithm.

At the moment I’m in the middle of a good run but that’s probably because 8 out of 10 races are with bots. It could be that some times for whatever reason their computers are not able to connect you with a real opponent so they default to bots which are always easier to defeat.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:14 PM, Dr Zaius said:

This month I had reached 8500 points quite easily thanks to a variety of qualifying, sprint and grid starts. I am now down to 7100 thanks to nothing but grid starts and always starting in second place. From 8500 with the time I have free I may have reached 9999, but now I don't think I'll make it, especially if some algorithm has kicked in to throttle my progress. Does anyone else ever feel that game play is like slot machines with a run of wins offset by a run of losses to keep the win/lose ratio at a set rate?

From my experience, 7500 to 9500 is the most difficult "stretch" of the road to 9999.  The game keeps pairing you up with lower level players who are desperate and prone to cheating so you are always risking 40 points for 20.

I don’t play all that much and I’ve just been edging toward elite 1 and since Sunday up until today it’s been horrible. Constantly in sprints or grid starts and the AI cars have been knocking me about all over the place for example caught in a AI sandwich which resulted in a dnf, coming up behind two slow cars next to each other taking up the track. I also seemed to always on my worst tracks. Then today suddenly the clouds cleared; 70% qualis on my fav tracks against slow higher pi cars. All very strange...

It's absurd the number of times I have battled to not only come from behind my opponent to gain the lead, but to have that unassailable lead lost by an AI taking the final corner at somewhere between 3kmh, stationary or going slightly backwards, resulting in the demolition of my vehicle. The other ridiculous situation is a grid where you quickly find yourself in 2nd and your opponent in 12th, but on some tracks you can't risk taking first, so you stay safe while watching 12th become 3rd and your 8 second lead is half a second. It's almost a "no win" situation. Try it at Monaco or other narrow Street circuits.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends. Similar Problem has appeared today. Android 10 asus ZenFone 6. problem appears today. I havent changed controls car just began to stop during race. I have 2000+ lproductivity level and car behaviour just changed without reasons. I lost 400 point from 4100 to 3700 for 30 minutes . I cant finish any race couse car stops. 
Again I m 3 seconds in front of other player in Melbourne and car stops. 1st gear without reasons. What happened? I m loosing all races.
I ve lost 800 points during 2 hours with 2100 lvl of productivity.

You have good understanding of this game. May be there is some kind of logical explanation

Thanks in advance

Sorry to hear that.  It is frustrating.  I've had throttle and brake issues in the past in which the throttle drops off and I lose power or the brakes fade or fail entirely, but it's always disappeared when I cleaned my screen or restarted my device.  In other words, it seems like the issue always has been with my device and not the app.  

Archived