Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No career mode, why?

I was thinking of buying F1 2015 until i read there was no career mode.  The reason i bought the other games was because of them having career mode.   Also supposed to be new gen version but missing loads of features compared to old gen versions.

Codemasters should quit making F1 games, it's as though they don't care about it, bringing out this half arsed attempt.  Give it to a dev who cares about making F1 games.

Well I think this time around CM are going to have to make some big changes to how they deal with their game releases. It seems there are a lot of people making use of Steams refund policy which I completely agree with. I am tired of publishers just milking gamers hopes and expectations every year and failing to deliver. 

I played all F1 games apart from 2014 which I avoided in protest because of the previous games. In F1 2012 & 13 the Co-Op mode was plagued with save file corruption issues so me and my mate never actually managed to complete a season together. I am not interested in playing the Single Player and I am not interested in playing multiplayer either because it just turns into destruction derby.

All I want to do is play through a season with a friend and to my shock its not even in the game. This game is a massive step backwards in terms of what's expected of a AAA game so called "next gen game". In F1 2015 none of the features that previous F1 titles had,  its simply just a slight graphical upgrade over last years game with the features stripped out. If you do buy this game you're basically buying <50% of a game.

I am trying to find a positive review on the steams community reviews but so far I have failed to do so.

I wish the F1 game would go to another publisher now, CM have had their chance and each year they find a new way to ruin this game. The only good thing they have done recently is release DIRT rally which they almost ruined with the previous titles dirt 3 and that showdown game.

It's possible we won't see another F1 game from CM on PC now because CM will only want to release their games on platforms where people can't get refunds for the rubbish they put out.

Back to project cars then, thanks for nothing CM.

Codemasters just didn't have community involvement when making this game. They forced their vision of a good game down on all players. Just look at all the settings greyed out, they didn't want the community to have any control. They wanted people to have an experience that they wanted in a way that they allowed. 

Just bought this game today only ever play career mode and it's not on it.CM your a disgrace just wasted 70 euro on a game I will never play how can u bring out a next gen game without this mode I will never play any of your games again and I will tell all my friends to do the same.U HAVE ROBBED ME OF MY MONEY I HOPE NO ONE BUYS THIS PIECE OF CRAP 

I don't think it's their fault. If they put in career mode you'd never be able to switch the drivers between teams. You're not going to see Will Stevens in a Mercedes, for example - no way Mercedes would approve that feature. So what kind of career mode would that be? Codemasters stated in their recent interview that want that same functionality but it's just not possible yet.

Don't know why I bother typing any of this out. The frequency with which these threads are generated is ridiculous.

This is why:
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331733572493/f1-2015-game-everything-you-need-to-know
Career mode isn't in 2015 – we felt like we weren't able to put career mode to the level we wanted, so that's something we're also looking at. We'll also wait until it's out in the market and evaluate what people actually like – what they are playing, what features do they like the most?

This is why:
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331733572493/f1-2015-game-everything-you-need-to-know
Career mode isn't in 2015 – we felt like we weren't able to put career mode to the level we wanted, so that's something we're also looking at. We'll also wait until it's out in the market and evaluate what people actually like – what they are playing, what features do they like the most?

Yeah, right. It was good enough for every single game so far, but not for this one.

This is why:

Yeah, right. It was good enough for every single game so far, but not for this one.
Exactly my thoughts. It boggles the mind.

I don't think it's their fault. If they put in career mode you'd never be able to switch the drivers between teams. You're not going to see Will Stevens in a Mercedes, for example - no way Mercedes would approve that feature. So what kind of career mode would that be? Codemasters stated in their recent interview that want that same functionality but it's just not possible yet.

Don't know why I bother typing any of this out. The frequency with which these threads are generated is ridiculous.
Who cares about driver switching, just take one driver out to put you in, just like the other games. Even keep the drivers name like f1championship edition did

This is why:

What in this game is "to the level we wanted?"